Progressive Psy ?

MoonMan

In his recent interview in Future Music (U.K magazine) Steve Hillage (of System 7 fame) mentions "progressive Psy coming out of Denmark and Scandinavia".

Just showing my ignorance here, but anyone care to point me in the direction of example tracks/bands ?

Ta

Andy

In his recent interview in Future Music (U.K magazine) Steve Hillage (of System 7 fame)  mentions "progressive Psy coming out of Denmark and Scandinavia".

Just showing my ignorance here, but anyone care to point me in the direction of example tracks/bands ?

Ta

Andy

599469[/snapback]

Ticon, Son Kite, Behind Blue Eyes, Beat Bizarre, Atmos, etc etc. Check out labels like Iboga, Spiral Trax and Digital Structures :)

Thanks Nemo, will do, looking forward to it !

Andy

599474[/snapback]

Hey Andy, since I always buy Future Music, but its always in Holland later, would you mind scanning me the interview with System 7? I cant wait another WEEK to read it :(

Hey Andy, since I always buy Future Music, but its always in Holland later, would you mind scanning me the interview with System 7? I cant wait another WEEK to read it :(

599476[/snapback]

Sure but it will be tomorrow as it's at home and I (foolishly) lent my scanner to someone else. In the meatime here's a gem from 1977:

http://www.cyndustries.com/synapse/synapse...arch1977&pic=13

Use the nextpage near the bottom of the page as there are about 7 or 8 pages of this.

Andy

Guest Astro Cortex

It's a bit strange to see System 7 related to progressive psy in some way (Son Kite remixed one of their tracks etc.), but if you go through their discography you'll find that there have always been influences from other electronic genres like techno, house, D'n'B etc. and that keeps their output interesting IMO. The prog house / prog psy touch on their latest album works damn well actually. :)

not responding to light is a rather boring prog album imho. It has only one decent track.. and that is most likely annoying after more than 5 listens.

piiiiooo pioooo piiooo          pppiiiiiooooo ppiiiiooo piiooo :P

599805[/snapback]

in fact the first three tracks are amongst the very few ones of psy/prog that I do NOT find to be boring , heh :D

i also like the jazzy influences.