Need good Bass

hey guys do you know any good bass vsts and tips?

am working on a new track and i cant get the bassline i want!I tried 100 different basses but i didnt find anything i like. :(

am looking for crystal clear and deep bass,not muddy and weak.... ;)

any suggestions/tips?? :)

first of all, it is not important which synth you use but the knowledge of the synth you have.

synths you should try are muon tau pro and vb-1, cause they are very easy but sound good.

just go with help of manual or some tutorial through every knob on the synth and learn what it is doing.

what i use to achieve a decent bass is:

first i use waves rbass at around 60 to 80 hertz (try out) i boost. then i use waves rvox, gate to inf and comp around 15 to 30 (try out)

then comes my kjaerhus audio classic master limiter (get yourself those plugins, its free!), treshold around 6.

then my classic compressor with a usual bass compression.

http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php

here is about compression:

http://www.thewhippinpost.co.uk/mixing-mus...udio-mixing.htm

then i eq it, i cut the highs and very low freqs and leave a little space for the mids too.

first of all, it is not important which synth you use but the knowledge of the synth you have.

synths you should try are muon tau pro and vb-1, cause they are very easy but sound good.

just go with help of manual or some tutorial through every knob on the synth and learn what it is doing.

what i use to achieve a decent bass is:

first i use waves rbass at around 60 to 80 hertz (try out) i boost. then i use waves rvox, gate to inf and comp around 15 to 30 (try out)

then comes my kjaerhus audio classic master limiter (get yourself those plugins, its free!), treshold around 6.

then my classic compressor with a usual bass compression.

http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php

here is about compression:

http://www.thewhippinpost.co.uk/mixing-mus...udio-mixing.htm

then i eq it, i cut the highs and very low freqs and leave a little space for the mids too.

599309[/snapback]

thanks man!!!

lol i havent got a single one of the programs you posted here!!!

Try iBlit (fiddle with the ADSR and cutoff for great results).

599350[/snapback]

ok i will look for it thanks!

lol i havent got a single one of the programs you posted here!!!

599620[/snapback]

you can also use any other compressors and eq and stuff, waves just sounds the best.

and i forgot to say, that you will need to route both the bass and the kick to one channel with a comp with very low attack and release, (if waves is with you, use l2 ultramaximizer and rcomp), the rest you better tweak yourself, but then it sounds pretty nice :)

The comp doesn't make the create the bass-sound, it only gets it into the drive, ducks and so on...

You firstly need a proper bass-sound, some say VB-1, but I don't seem to get anything interresting out of the plug. When I started in Cubase about half a year ago I used Novation's V-Station plugin as I was told that I could make basslines very close to a Nord Lead 2.. This didn't get away as I wanted so I got another tip from another friend, tried Albino 2, and I was instantly addicted. Albino 2 is such a nice synth for bass, try it out if you get the opportunity.

A little sidenote about Albino:

Albino 3 has recently been released, but as far as I know it isn't a good idea to upgrade from 2 to 3 as the 3rd version drags all the power out of your CPU (And we don't want that to happen, especially when you have to run 7-8-9 other VSTi's simultaneously), so try to avoid Albino 3, and just run the 2nd version.. :)

The comp doesn't make the create the bass-sound, it only gets it into the drive, ducks and so on...

You firstly need a proper bass-sound, some say VB-1, but I don't seem to get anything interresting out of the plug. When I started in Cubase about half a year ago I used Novation's V-Station plugin as I was told that I could make basslines very close to a Nord Lead 2.. This didn't get away as I wanted so I got another tip from another friend, tried Albino 2, and I was instantly addicted. Albino 2 is such a nice synth for bass, try it out if you get the opportunity.

A little sidenote about Albino:

Albino 3 has recently been released, but as far as I know it isn't a good idea to upgrade from 2 to 3 as the 3rd version drags all the power out of your CPU (And we don't want that to happen, especially when you have to run 7-8-9 other VSTi's simultaneously), so try to avoid Albino 3, and just run the 2nd version.. :)

599955[/snapback]

Its pretty demanding, yes. Nevertheless, I feel that Albino is a very good synth for pads and other weird sounds, but not for bass. I like the VB-1, since I actually took myself some time and worked with the sounds it can create. Imo, Novations V-Station doesnt produce that good sounds for bass, and nor does their bassline.

I do suppose though, that it ALL DEPENDS what kind of bass you are after. One thing I have to add is, that nothing beats my Virus so far (software wise), and wow, there are some pretty awsome sounds you can make with a Juno 106 :D

I do suppose though, that it ALL DEPENDS what kind of bass you are after.

599965[/snapback]

That's basically everything you need to know. Find a synth you know how to operate and that you can get the sound you want out of ... compression etc - no need to fiddle with that yet. First find a bass sound you like, then fuck around with compression.

I've gotten nice bass-lines out of almost every vst I've used ... takes a lot of time and tweaking though.

exactly, what i wanted to tell the dude, theres no recipt.

and you can do it with everysynth, choose one you like.

i recommended you vb-1 and muon tau pro, cause those are pretty easy and popular.

and dont get demoralized by the comments on your isratrance thread :)

600955[/snapback]

reznik is the vb-1 interface,that of a bass guitar?

anw i made the bassline with vanguard. some compression and stuff :P

thanks for the help guys :)

kick+bass is the major problem almost everyone that starts music production encounters..

from my short experience, try to experiment with EQ+compressor on both of them or on each one separately and then a compressor on their channel

read some basics about mastering and frequencies ranges that give a muddy sound

reznik is the vb-1 interface,that of a bass guitar?

600992[/snapback]

yes, but there are two vb-1.

one is with red bassguitar and sounds crap, the grey one is it.

and sorry snowball, i thought this was the thread of the other dude, who wanted a skazi bass, i was a little sleepy head, lol, you didnt post at isratrance :)

have fun

yes, but there are two vb-1.

one is with red bassguitar and sounds crap, the grey one is it.

and sorry snowball, i thought this was the thread of the other dude, who wanted a skazi bass, i was a little sleepy head, lol, you didnt post at isratrance :)

have fun

600999[/snapback]

ah damn i think i got the red one :ph34r:

lol man,dont even mention the s-word near me! :P i dont want no s**** bassline :angry:

hey guys do you know any good bass vsts and tips?

am working on a new track and i cant get the bassline i want!I tried 100 different basses but i didnt find anything i like. :(

am looking for crystal clear and deep bass,not muddy and weak.... ;)

any suggestions/tips?? :)

599229[/snapback]

i can give you some intresting tips and experiences

email me magnes1000@poczta.onet.pl

I have a good tip for bass and kick, which IMO is the best way to tackle the problem.

Simplicity.

Like most other things in life, you get the best results using factors that you actually understand. Forget compressors, forget maxbass superblaster vsti - start at the bottom. Its the only way you will actually learn to interpret sound technology. The same goes for when you've actually gotten somewhere with a track; don't start to fiddle around with mastering plugins, mix the tracks to their right levels instead.

Because hoping to find a good sound simply by changing knob-positions or changing settings in a plugin without actually knowing what they do, rarely leads to a good result.

I have spoken.

602147[/snapback]

and you have been heard.thank you :)