7.GREG ON EARTH-Serpentine Apotheosis

8.AMANDA-Moosey

9.DATAKULT-Necronomicon

+Video byEgNogRa vs Glennwiz

Compiled by VJ EgNogRa

Artwork by Russ Yusupov

Mastered by Random

Style: Hard-Dark

This is the first compilation of Shaman Films net, which I suppose is a psychedelic video creation team. It takes just a look at the tracklist to understand the sound behind the skull artwork. Furious dark psy… Yep, that’s it!

1. Pyatizvezdnaya. This title reminds you the Goa days, huh? Well guess what. It sounds a bit like this. Although this is Electrypnose 100% from the bass to the flying noises, there’s something different here. It has a more melodic bassline theme than other Electrypnose tracks and the noises are somehow creating tiny melodic patterns. Of course that’s only for the start, cause soon we got hit by a full dark goaish melody. The whole feeling of the track is much more Goa than anything Vin has made and it’s for sure his best track so far (even better than his great album). Simply the best way to open this comp. Superb melodic dark Psy.

2. Two new artists I think. Ok, this is much more typical modern Dark Psy than the first track and I mean typical not in a bad way. Lot of dark acid here, a lot of metallic sounds and a really interesting ending. Somehow it sounds more French than anything else and if you are familiar with the old Digital Talk or maybe a less dark Datakult style you’ll love it. Very good.

3. Audiopathik are two guys from Mexico. I’ve heard them in the Durdom compilation and I was impressed and this track didn’t let me down. This is raw power and less experimental than the rest. Nice to hear though some floating melodies around. The key of Audiopathik’s sound are the kick and the bass. The just like to play with them, many breaks and wild climaxes. Crazy track and really aggressive, only for furious Psy lovers. I like it. A lot!

4. Para Halu now are more known for their hypnotic sound than their power. If you don’t know their style just think of a journey in dark forest, deep space or maybe inner mind. Dunno exactly but it’s surely a journey. The effects here are very interesting, serious and funny at the same time, like the first Digital Talk tracks. I’ve heard better tracks by them darker or more spacey, but this is still kick ass music. Hypnotic Dark Psy it is.

5. I always liked oCeLoT’s music, but I believe that he wrote many tracks pretty similar to each other. I really like when I first listened to this one, cause it’s slightly different. It’s still oCeLoT with all those colorful tiny effects and pumping bass, but this one sounds more brutal and darker than his usual style. Actually it has a horror movie atmosphere in it. Not a scary horror movie, but more like an abstract, less dark and more dreamy film. Nice one.

6.Xyla is one if the Mistress Of Evil ladies. Her track in the Trauma Trance compilation was very good, just like the collaboration with Mubali. In this track you will not hear many effects flying around or non stop madness, but a hardcore, darker style psy. There’s also some Xenomorph influences here, especially with these gothic distorted bells and the whole noisy production. Yeah, Xenomorph style, but not a copy. Just a different approach in the dark genre. Good dark stuff.

7.Greg On Earth is one of the stars of the Dark Ppsy genre and he really deserves that. He always produces top quality stuff and this track is not an exception. This is dark, really dark. It also has all the industrial and techno influences. The intro is like a preparation for a war, very dynamic. If you like dark psy or dark psy techno you’ll love it. It sounds like a more brutal and psychedelic version of The Delta. Great!

8. Another Mistress Of Evil lady. Okay, this is hard and dark in an evil way. Why not? Evil is good. The track is not something superb but it has a lot of ideas to keep you interest. It’s definitely much more experimental than her track in Trauma Trance comp. Meltdown Sequence Initiation which was kinda hollow. Just like the Xyla track this one also has some Xenomorph influence in the end. I like it, it gives a forest feeling in it. Also sometimes reminds me a bit of Quasar tracks. For all the really hard, aggressive Psy lovers from Amanda with love.

9.Necronomicon. He, he nice title and since this track is called like that it must be dark. Thank God Datakult knows about dark music. Just like the Para Halu track this one is more trippy than the rest, but darker. Sometimes it gives the feeilng of OSOM tracks, but I may be wrong. For sure a great track very atmospheric and spooky enough.

+: You will also find a five minute video made by visual artists EgNogRa and Glennwiz. The background music is the Datakult’s track. The video is really psychedelic and twisted with many kaleidoscopic, colorful images. Especially with Datakult’s music looks awesome. Great work guys!

Overall, it’s a very good compilation with no weak tracks. Actually it’s one of the few comps with no bad or mediocre tracks. Some of them are good and some simply great.

Highly recommended!

Fav: 1(!!),3,4,7,9

Thank You for your kind review and expect many more releases coming from us in the near future..

also to add this was our second VA our first one was ENGRAMS and the next one is called Secret Message - Communications from Hyper Demensions coming soon in few more weeks!

Thank You Thank You!

EGNOGRA

www.shamanfilms.net

Thank You for your kind review and expect many more releases coming from us in the near future..

also to add this was our second VA our first one was ENGRAMS and the next one is called Secret Message - Communications from Hyper Demensions coming soon in few more weeks!

Thank You Thank You!

EGNOGRA

www.shamanfilms.net

Sorry for the mistake EGNORA. Keep going and put psy videos in the future releases too. They're great! :)

the electrypnose tune sounds like a remix of 6h debout, of which there are already quite a few.

i wonder why they changed the name of the track though, it's a bit misleading.

indeed, its a rmx of "6h debout" track.

3 versions of it exist. one was released on yage recs, one here and the original is available on electrypnose's website.

shamanfilms just made a mistake with the track name.

actually it's "6h debout - pyatizvedznaya rmx"

• 1 month later...

Ahhh where's the link to samples?? :huh:

IMPRESSIONS

Wow...a dark psytrance comp that doesn't suck and appears to be above average. Then again, there not supposed to suck. There supposed to be above average. Not all the songs are good here IMHO. I don't think there are any bad ones.

I find pretty good/good tracks: 1, 4, 7, 8.

Tracks 2, 6, and 9 are decent.

I do NOT care for track 5... it's less interesting and uses sounds not catchy that are too repetitive. Sure, it's psychedelic, but this is psytrance after all, it's supposed to be psychedelic!!...and definitely more engaging than this. Just because something's "hard" and "psychedelic" does not make it good.

On the positive, putting Ghreg On Earth on this was one of the best choices. I generally do not care for Para Halu but I find there song here interesting. I'd love to hear more songs like the several good/best ones here. Also, Electrypnose I generally like and his opening track (or rmx?) sounds pretty good here. It would have been cool to make an original great dark psytrance song if track 1 is a rmx.

Update:

SAMPLES: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5974

• 9 years later...