Deep techno meets progressive psy is

ArseAssassin

WARNING! DEEP BASS IMMINENT!

Quality headphones recommended for listening.

So. Not much to say here. A new project, started it this spring. Mostly producing progressive psy with techy edge. To quote myself:

Proggydelic psytrance act from the heart of Helsinki-city, Microtheft, concentrates on creating smooth and hypnotic rhythms. Drawing inspiration from psychedelic ambient, microhouse and deep minimal techno among other things, the original idea of the project was to mix morning trance with electro house and see where it would get us.

The curious name of the project is not as one could perceive it, commentary on piracy issues, but rather the style of music produced; micro, a reference to the minimal percussion used as well as its micro house inspired roots. Theft, a reference to its supposed entrancing potential, as in "mind theft".

Microtheft@Mikseri.net

There's a couple of tracks there. The one I'd like comments on is "The Last Days". Want contract anylabel.

Thanks for your time.

WARNING! DEEP BASS IMMINENT!

Quality headphones recommended for listening.

So. Not much to say here. A new project, started it this spring. Mostly producing progressive psy with techy edge. To quote myself:

Microtheft@Mikseri.net

There's a couple of tracks there. The one I'd like comments on is "The Last Days". Want contract anylabel.

Thanks for your time.

597467[/snapback]

I would rather say its experimental trance or something. I dont hear the typical "progressive" or "psychedelic" elements in it. It has some very nice moments, but it is for ME not for the dancefloor.

This tune is deffinetly a nice track for a chillout where people are just standing around and kind of moving to the float....

Not really my cup of tea, but very good track nevertheless!! :)

Really, keep up the good work!

/Nemo

Whoa. That was quick.

Thanks for the comments!

I would rather say its experimental trance or something. I dont hear the typical "progressive" or "psychedelic" elements in it. It has some very nice moments, but it is for ME not for the dancefloor.

597479[/snapback]

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I personally think there's some elements in the synths that are typical of prog psy, but it's necessarily not the same sound that's going on in the scene at the moment, methinks.

The reason I call my music psychedelic trance is because, well, trance has always been a psychedelic thing for me. And by trance I mean the state of mind. And that's what I want to do with my music, I want it to be entrancing.

But taking a look back at prog sound's history, we've got albums like Atmos' Headcleaner. By today's standards there aren't many people who'd call it progressive psy, but that's where the genre derives from. And in reality, had it been created today, there wouldn't be much chance of it getting released on a prog psy label. *shudders at the thought*

But I digress. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Nemo. :)

Whoa. That was quick.

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I personally think there's some elements in the synths that are typical of prog psy, but it's necessarily not the same sound that's going on in the scene at the moment, methinks.

The reason I call my music psychedelic trance is because, well, trance has always been a psychedelic thing for me. And by trance I mean the state of mind. And that's what I want to do with my music, I want it to be entrancing.

But taking a look back at prog sound's history, we've got albums like Atmos' Headcleaner. By today's standards there aren't many people who'd call it progressive psy, but that's where the genre derives from. And in reality, had it been created today, there wouldn't be much chance of it getting released on a prog psy label. *shudders at the thought*

But I digress. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Nemo. :)

597505[/snapback]

Youre welcome, IF i open up an experimental label, youre SIGNED... I have given it a couple of more listens, and its indeed very cool.... hard to melt, but I hear things are very deep and yeah, call it spiritual :D

This is very cool indeed. I agree with Nemo, it could work on the chill floor quite well - at first I thought it was a bit too 'minimal' but then the track developed and developed - great progression. Sounds like it came straight off a compilation. :)

More of this please! :D

Thanks for the feedback.

i agree with supergroover its sound alot more like minimal techno than anything else with a little bit of chill influences nice track though really nice tune

While I'd agree that it sounds more like deep techno than anything else, it doesn't really progress like techno; the ideas I had for this track weren't ones you'd find in a typical techno track either.

This is very cool indeed. I agree with Nemo, it could work on the chill floor quite well - at first I thought it was a bit too 'minimal' but then the track developed and developed - great progression. Sounds like it came straight off a compilation.  :)

More of this please!  :D

599687[/snapback]

Certainly, sir.

I'm currently experimenting with this sound more, so I'm sure there'll be some few tracks I'll upload eventually.