the year of the death of todays psytance

Ale

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so ...

there will always be someone listening to it.

and as long as someone hears it, it's not dead (imo of caurse :))

597911[/snapback]

No, if someone listens but its not being produced, then its dead....

So nobody makes Punk anymore? Wow...

598196[/snapback]

For me, no, I wouldnt call Greenday and the likes punk rock. For me it died with The Sexpistols... it can be discussed, but this is my opinion...

For me, no, I wouldnt call Greenday and the likes punk rock. For me it died with The Sexpistols... it can be discussed, but this is my opinion...

598197[/snapback]

I'm sure if you look deeper than Greenday you will for sure find some punk. I think...

I'm sure if you look deeper than Greenday you will for sure find some punk. I think...

598199[/snapback]

"some" punk, but then it would be a deviation of the genre, hence something LIKE punk, but not PUNK... :D

Deep underground someone is producing exactly what you call punk, right now. But you'll never hear it. Isn't that sad? The best song you would ever hear is also never going to be heard by you! Damn world with it's 6 billion people :angry:

Deep underground someone is producing exactly what you call punk, right now. But you'll never hear it. Isn't that sad? The best song you would ever hear is also never going to be heard by you! Damn world with it's 6 billion people  :angry:

598205[/snapback]

yep, very true probably... and I am sad about that.... but hey, there is so much music out there, that I will not be able to hear anyways :(

yep, very true probably... and I am sad about that.... but hey, there is so much music out there, that I will not be able to hear anyways :(

598207[/snapback]

It's what Always gets me :( I know the best music I've never heard is somewhere but I have absolutely no idea about it & probably never will. Still the search is fun :D if expensive :angry:

It's what Always gets me  :(  I know the best music I've never heard is somewhere but I have absolutely no idea about it & probably never will. Still the search is fun  :D  if expensive  :angry:

598210[/snapback]

Go on a music hunt around the world :D

Let me refrase that and just say what Abasio said :)

There is PUNK there. It's just hard to find.

598229[/snapback]

No there isnt, not for me... thats what I said before, according to MY standards, there is no punk made today. (PUNTO FINAL)

For your standards maybe yes, thats why I said IMO ;)

No there isnt, not for me... thats what I said before, according to MY standards, there is no punk made today. (PUNTO FINAL)

598239[/snapback]

How the hell do you know? Have you heard all punk on the planet? Didn't think so either.

You have not found punk in what you have checked out so far. Or what?

How the hell do you know? Have you heard all punk on the planet? Didn't think so either.

You have not found punk in what you have checked out so far. Or what?

598241[/snapback]

Whatever, for me punk is dead... and if it doesnt exist in MY world, it doesnt exist for ME ;) Thats all I am saying. If it SOMEDAY (if it does exist, because you cant prove the contrary either) will reach my ears, I will post it RIGHT HERE in this thread ;)

Whatever, for me punk is dead... and if it doesnt exist in MY world, it doesnt exist for ME ;) Thats all I am saying. If it SOMEDAY (if it does exist, because you cant prove the contrary either) will reach my ears, I will post it RIGHT HERE in this thread ;)

598245[/snapback]

If it SOMEDAY will reach your ears it isn't dead is it? ;):) haha

Ok, I'll get off your back now :)

598239[/snapback]

If one always says IMO theres no discussion ;)

1999 is the year of death of goa trance with Atmos Headcleaner

I'm waiting the death of todays psytrance.

i hope no virus/worm modify my poll.

597086[/snapback]

As long as people are listening to and enjoying the music it will never die.

Goa didn't die.

Psytrance didn't die.

So many people on this forum alone listen to goa/psy daily and talk about it here with other people daily. That sure doesn't seem like a dead art form. Is classical music dead because Britney Spears or the latest EMO/Metal band is whining/screeching their latest laments? Nope.

To say that Atmos destroyed Goa is ludicrous. All Atmos did was create a delicious and groovy new flavor of electronica. Atmos created something new he did not destroy something that existed.

Edit:

And as for punk rock being dead I'm not sure but I do know that Green Day, Good Charlotte, etc. that is being called Punk today isn't imo. However, the Dead Kennedys are playing at a small venue about 5 miles from me on Sept 17th. So, it seems like the heartbeat of punk is still there somewhere.