Cubase CPU problems

important is that all the wires areconnected, like said on your link sometimes they are put somewhere else in the connector to match.

but onething you could check, if all on panel 1 are connected, and you press power button then the power led should glow.

does it?

check that first

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I didnt connected power led (green) still cause I didnt want to mess woth that 1-3 to 1-2 pin changeing till I didnt have some info, but I suspected that I must do that and I saw I was right on that faq.. So I experimented only with power switch plug and tried to connect it in ways I mentiond but nothing.. Power led couldnt light cause I didnt connect it still but I think that I dont need power led for computer to work.. Like I said I even tried to short-cut the power# and the ground pin on the panel with screwdriver but still nothing so that means problem lays somewhere else.. I know that IDE connectors can cause comp. not to show any signs of life but I think I connected them good, however I will disconnect it all and try to connect again from scratch, maybe I fckd something up in the begining..

ah ok.

best thing is like you said, disconnect everything and then follow the steps in your manual. they start with cpu installation, just follow all the steps.

and for power connectors, watch out for + and - to connect properly.

its the best sign of course.

i did follow all the steps in my manual an didnt have a problem.

so good luck :)

I live in eastern europe..

They dont give a fuck, they only care about them selves, they have no respect for other people.. But the whole world is like that.. My boss pays me so little I dont even have the money for basic needs.. But the bastard is driveing Porsche Cayenne.. Its not that Im jelous cause karma works on its own so the bosses son smashed that Cayenne totally, and they took his ferrari.. He has ten cars like that but situation in the firm is so bad that two guys of my age killed them selves, and three others were killed.. You see when u have a lot of money u want more and when u have more u want even more.. Chain reaction.. Bastards are liveing on somebody elses back and making profit..

This cant be happening. Now I determined that my power supply works fine but my DVD burner stopped working, he spins DVD few times and nothing.. Perhaps he needs cleaning. But computer is up and runing and thats important. Man so much trouble these computers can make, so much time they can took.. So how did I get it runin? I pulled out all the cards except graphics and it worked.. Now I gotta clean that dvd burner and install all those programs.. Too much work, too much.. But I gotta tell u that its really fast, I cant believe how little it took to load windows, impressive, I will have to test it to see how much VST I can pull at the same time..

oh man, its always the same, if you buy new parts for your pc then the old ones want to quit duty. murphys law.

anyway it sounds like The bearing on the drive is worn out enough that the motor no longer has enough torque to overcome the coefficient of static friction.

what model is it?

you can ask support.

if you still have warranty, better send to repair.

try to clean first, few days ago my power supply only produced noises and no power, i opened and found a broken screw insinde :blink: now it works.

and you could try to lube the motor parts after cleaning.

now the design of drives has changed, years ago the design had the bearings exposed and you could jam a ballpoint pen into the bearings and give it a nudge. The motor would take over and get the drive up to speed.

theres not much you can do i think

hope it will resurrect somehow

the repair dude is waiting for your visit :D

I will try to clean it, its the only way.. My old burner went dead also and I exchanged it for a new top class Pionner I-dont-know-which-model 12 x DVD burner, fastes on market at that point. Now Im having a same problem again.. Why can they build burner with whom u can burn, and burn, and burn..

I hope my burner will resurect and become zombie cause I really need it and it is good burner. I think the lens is dirty, maybe thats why he doesnt spin..

Troubles again.. My my power supply, main board and dvd burner are dead. Im gona buy new burner and case with power supply, then if something else goes dead I will throw everything in the garbage.. How can they make those burners to last just as long as waranty lasts and then it breaks and u cant repair it? how could all that broke in two days? Man thats some bad karma Im going through..

But theres one good thing, I cant believe how good is onboard sound card I got with that ASS rock mainboard, really great..

I just realized Im writing a work log, shit.. Ill have to post some pictures of my messed up room and computers all over..

Man, my friend made me shelves for my mixer and synth and they are four cm shorter than they should be, now I have to cut whole table to attach them.. Its too much, just to much.. What will broke next, case? Or the table will break and monitor will smash to pieces? Nothing can suprise me from now on..

Acidkills,man i can feel your pain.there is nothing worse than computers failing on you,one part at the time.you fix one part,and 5 hours later,while you feel satisfied,another one dies on you. :angry:

actually there is something worse.messed up cables. :ph34r:

i spend two days,unplugging,un-messing,and replugging around 50cables. crawling like a lizard under tables. :ph34r:

Ahh its all good now.. Everything is working.. I bought burner (fckin Pionner cause the shop sold all LGs) and Cubase is up, Reason.. Just a couple more VST to install and Ill be back in action.. Today will be test day, to see how much VST it can handle, what is the latency, cpu, ram use... Yeah and I finally attached second monitor with adapter I bought and its working fine.. Only thing I have to solve is why is my on-board sound card not working(she stopped the moment I attached and installed SB Live!, maybe I have to turn it on in bios).

Ahh its all good now.. Everything is working.. I bought burner (fckin Pionner cause the shop sold all LGs) and Cubase is up, Reason.. Just a couple more VST to install and Ill be back in action.. Today will be test day, to see how much VST it can handle, what is the latency, cpu, ram use... Yeah and I finally attached second monitor with adapter I bought and its working fine.. Only thing I have to solve is why is my on-board sound card not working(she stopped the moment I attached and installed SB Live!, maybe I have to turn it on in bios).

600069[/snapback]

did you try looking in control panel- audio HQ?

my card (the same as yours) sometimes gets muted,and i have to go in there and click on the button that tests your speakers,and then its fine again....evil stupid computers man :ph34r::angry: