Cubase CPU problems

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, did you search the knowledgebase of Microsoft?

597382[/snapback]

Nope, I actually called microsoft support and almost got busted cause I have a copy but they cant do anything.. But they helped me, the guy explained me the problem and it is a bios thing, I already downloaded all kinds of bioses on my motherboard manufacturer site(not on bios manufacturer site where u have to pay) and now when I come home I simply have to determine which model I have and install bios for that model, format hard, install os again and it should work.. We will see by tommorow

No more Cubase CPU problems for me.. I went to the library yesterday to download bios since I download all versions except the one I needed, when I arrived home I tried to up date my old bios.. I created boot diskete and boot the system from floppy, started that flash utility and I was trying couple of times but it didnt worked.. Then I found out how to unlock write mode in bios and tried again with flash utility.. I backed up my old bios and the flashing started and completed succesfully and the message was "remove the diskete and restart the computer, bios updated sucesfully". That was the last thing I saw.. Now its just beeping and I cant get it up.. I tried removing the battery and the jumper but nothing, zero, none.. What the F is that back up for then anyway? I flashed it up for good. Main board gone, lost, fried, burned, destroyed. No more cubase CPU problems for me.. Now I gotta buy new main board and probably new RAM and a CPU although I hope I will only have to buy MB..

What have I done?

Does anybody have a gun?

No more Cubase CPU problems for me.. I went to the library yesterday to download bios since I download all versions except the one I needed, when I arrived home I tried to up date my old bios.. I created boot diskete and boot the system from floppy, started that flash utility and I was trying couple of times but it didnt worked.. Then I found out how to unlock write mode in bios and tried again with flash utility.. I backed up my old bios and the flashing started and completed succesfully and the message was "remove the diskete and restart the computer, bios updated sucesfully". That was the last thing I saw.. Now its just beeping and I cant get it up.. I tried removing the battery and the jumper but nothing, zero, none.. What the F is that back up for then anyway? I flashed it up for good. Main board gone, lost, fried, burned, destroyed. No more cubase CPU problems for me.. Now I gotta buy new main board and probably new RAM and a CPU although I hope I will only have to buy MB..

What have I done?

Does anybody have a gun?

597712[/snapback]

Shit, that really sucks :( You can try and downgrade the bios of course.... thats always an option!

Ā 

Or you could see this as an oportunity to get some new fresh gear... I hear that Intels new processors are kicking ass.. and they are pretty cheap... Havent tested them though, so I couldnt say for sure :)

My bios is pinned to the mainboard and cant be removed, and repair costs almost like a new main board.. I think I wont have the money to buy new CPU and RAM but of what CPU are u talking about? Maybe I could manage something.. And yeah I view this as a oportunity to buy fresh gear cause that MB sucked, Ive got only two slots for RAM on her and even if I upgraded RAM I couldnt upgraded it much.. I will try to get mainboard that supports my procesor and ram and at the same time new procesors and ram but I dont know can this be possible.. My fried MB is QDI PlatiniX 2 and CPU is Celereon 1.8 on socket 478.. Can something be done? Im going shopping after work so recommend something..

what i wanted so before was that your gear is probaply too old, the soundcard sucks , so you might need to upgrade anyway. :P

now you fried your MB.

tell me what happens when you boot your pc?

do you see anything on the screen?

is it counting the memory?

or nothing?

it must do something

Like I said nothing, zero, nada.. But now I can produce very psychodelic sounds from my main board speaker and only that, yeah the first led on main board blinks in the rythm also and that means bios is fried.. If it cant pass first info led(out of five, six) then it cant do nothing.. Not even a boot screen, no counting memory, nothing. Cause for counting memory there should be a bios I think.. anyway I cant find anywhere mainboard that supports my old processor so I am thinkin of buying 64 bit Celeron 3.2 Ghz and some appropriate MB for that, cpu is cheap so im lucky.. Maybe I will buy some ram too but I havent come to that, Im still searching MB for that celeron..

But soundcard will stay. and it should work with no problem with new cpu i think.

And is there some mainboard that supports core duo processors and at the same time that celleron 3.2 socket lga 775?

This is what I have choosed

MBO INTEL, s. 775, D915GMHL, 915G, BUS 800 MHz, VGA, serial ATA, 7.1 zvuk, DDR 400, 1Gbps, mBTX

IntelĀ® CeleronĀ® 336 2800 MHz, 256 kb c., s. 775, BUS 533 MHz, EM64T, BOX

Ā 

But MB u sugested is twice cheaper so I will go for that one if I dont find something else..

just look at the chipset, if its anygood.

the mb i suggested, i own myself, its the only cheap component in my system, buts its working really good, so if you want to go for something cheap, this should be yours.

usually, the company (asrock) is cheap ass, but this one is working pretty good.

Ā 

does your pc make any beep noises when you start it?

it should do.

you have one chance, from the beep noises it produces, the rythm, you can know if its really totaly destroyed.

when you come home, note if they are short-short-long, for example.

just note it.

Ā 

Ā 

man the processor is really damn cheap, i never had an celeron myself but i guess it should do its work, if you must go on budget then its your choice.

you can read at google about it, some test if you want.

My first proccesor was shitty cyrix, all others was celerons and they are great, especially for overcloacking.. and yeah this one is damn cheap, I couldnt believe it.. I would buy something better but last month I bought synt so Im broke already.. Only thing that bothers me is that 1 Gb DDR 2 ram, PC-5300 flying at 667 MHz, it is expensive but I think its worth it..

And the beep are long, long, long and only long it just repeats long beeps.. Does that mean over or maybe I still have chance?

Yes of course I wanna upgrade.. The flashed bios was just the sign that I should already done that.. Review looks good: So in the end Celeron is better for raw computing power , and Sempron for gammers. I dont need gaming power but if I do I got Rade on 9250 64 Mb and that will suffice.. I have to change my Radeon 9600 with 128 Mb for this radeon cause this one has DIY so I can connect two monitors with adapter, which I need since Im working with cubase and reason and my "old" radeon didnt supported that, only TV..

So yesterday I went to shopping and I was in big hurry zig-zagin with 140 kmh on the street to catch the shops before closeing. In first shop I bought ASS rock we where talking about and that flying RAM, and in second shop I supposed to buy that celeron D 3330 MHz with 533 Mhz FSB and 256k catche but they sold all of them. So I bought this little baby Pentium 4 531, 3.0 GHz, LLGA, Socket 775, 800 MHz FSB, 1MB, EM64T, box with faster FSB and 4 times biger catche which means for 20 ā‚¬ more than celeron I bought twice times faster processor.. Thats a good deal.. But I am so stupid Āøthat I dont know how to connect fckn system panel (that pins for the power and reset butons and leds) and I cant turn it on.. At least I think thats the problem.. So how to solve that? I tried almost all combinations..

Well it isnt that easy, u can go to here on asrock faq and search for Question:

When connecting the POWER SW, POWER LED, RESET SW and HDD LED cables from my chassis to the PANEL1 connector on the motherboard, I found that the pin holes of the cable does not match with the connector. What should I do?(3/15/2004)

there u will see a picture of a problem I have by clicking on question.. But except that I cant turn power on even if I plug only power switch, I even tried short-cuting with screwdriver but nothing.. Now I suspect that maybe is some IDE cabel wrongly conected.. I will disconnect all and try again from the scratch.. Reznik u didnt have those problems on your board? U probably can post a picture how did u connect it..

alright, i can only take a pic when im at home, but how do your connectors look?

how is your power led cable designed? like on the picture in faq?

does power sw fit in?

Ā 

and it shouldnt be conected like on the pic, you have to turn the label the other way, so when everything is connected you still read the labels.

Mine is like on the picture on the FAQ.. Well u can take a picture of yours but maybe I will solve the problem till monday cause Im not working tommorow.. Yeah I thought it shouldnt be like on the picture but the other way according to black and white wire and that little arrow that shows where is the plus and I tried both sides, man I tried evertything, probably 50 combinations, and then I freaked out and go to bed last night.. So much frustration over such a small thingie.. But since I tried lots of combinations including that on the faq and yours I think the problem isnt the panel rather it is IDE wrongly connected.. What else could it be? When I press power it doesnt do anything at all.. There are two options, system panel and IDE connectors, do u know any third option that might be causeing this?