Would you volunteer for a party?

NEMO.BOFH

idd that's why I didn't really understand the purpose of the question ....

596056[/snapback]

There are a LOT of people that have never helped on a party, and its more that havent, than those who have.

And the purpose was to know how many on this forum would be intressted, without asking for it, JUST YET.... :D As we are in planning stages, its nice to just "know"

Yes, I think they should have. And I must say that in Helsingborg where I am from, all the people are always very eager to help, and I love that. I always helped out on parties, eventhough I paid my entrance and everything, but I also always GOT help on the parties that I arranaged.

This is what I think the scene is all about... to share the workload in order to be able to party.... and lets face it, the more volunteers you have, the cheaper the party entrance will be ;)

mostly depends on whether the weather's going to be nice

596029[/snapback]

Cleaning toilets depends on the weather forecast? :P kidding :)

Damn, yeah I helped on the parties. But it was also good to be helped!

I got big help from a party organizer in Zurich! I felt so bad for needing his help, cause i knew he was very busy with the party. If it weren't for him, I would have had to stay in the parking with my luggage for few hours...

Cleaning toilets depends on the weather forecast?  :P kidding :)

I got big help from a party organizer in Zurich! I felt so bad for needing his help, cause i knew he was very busy with the party. If it weren't for him, I would have had to stay in the parking with my luggage for few hours...

596149[/snapback]

Exactly, thats what its all about, helping and being helped, to share, to have a good time together :)

Cleaning toilets depends on the weather forecast?  :P kidding :)

ever experienced what the effects of +30 degrees celsius are on a closed pvc cabin? :ph34r:

ever experienced what the effects of +30 degrees celsius are on a closed pvc cabin?  :ph34r:

596181[/snapback]

Yes, I have, and its not that bad if you hire from a good company hehe. As I said, there will be no "Cleaning" of the toilettes, thats for the firm that rents them. But there will be swiping the floors and also changine papers and stuff.

On a lot of festivals, this is not being done properly, because there is just not enough people to do it....

I've helped people to carry heavy shit looong into the forest before, i have taken up over 800 posters in Oslo(norway) I have done lotsa shit like that, and helped with what i could... As long as i can handle it, i will help.... I mean, what the heck should i do else? Get wasted? I mean , i understand what those people want to do...make a fucking awsome party...so why not help them out! ^^, and the get wasted...lol :P

Sure clean toilets what ever....as long people are having fun!

Hey nemo i've always wanted to ask you this ! Is that you or edward norton in your avatar ??

I'm up for volunteering on the condition that i get a crate of beer before cleaning the toilets :)

ever experienced what the effects of +30 degrees celsius are on a closed pvc cabin?  :ph34r:

596181[/snapback]

Yes, at Ozora 2006! But then the toilets were kept clean by people, and cleaned by the cleaning staff each morning! They even had toilet paper permanently... i mean i wasn't expecting to find toilet paper all the time, but i did.

Hey nemo i've always wanted to ask you this ! Is that you or edward norton in your avatar ??

I'm up for volunteering on the condition that i get a crate of beer before cleaning the toilets  :)

596272[/snapback]

No, it is me on my Avatar :) (im good looking huh?) And no, the crate of beer you get AFTER you cleaned them... we dont want you to puke all over the toilettes do we? :D

EDIT:

This is Edward...

Posted Image

No, it is me on my Avatar :) (im good looking huh?) And no, the crate of beer you get AFTER you cleaned them... we dont want you to puke all over the toilettes do we? :D

EDIT:

This is Edward...

Posted Image

596384[/snapback]

The lower half of your face is strickingly similar to edward's minus the frenchie :)

dunno if anybody else feels the same way :unsure:

Ok fair enough that I get the crate after the work :D

when's the festie tho ??

and lets face it, the more volunteers you have, the cheaper the party entrance will be ;)

596133[/snapback]

Well ,that depends doesn't it ? ;)

I'd say I've helped in well over 50 parties over the past coupple of years ranging from working the bar, building up before, cleaning up afterwards, taking care of international guests or helping at the entrance. Most of the times it was great fun & a favour you're doing to friends who are throwing the party, but the worst was probably 2 shifts of + 8hrs behind the bar in a 2 day-festival <_<

In my experience some organisers actually preferred to hire fixed ppl for a certain job because to their calculations it was cheaper to just pay somebody from out of the scene to do the bar than just have friends behind the bar for free.

Becasue those friends might give away some free booze "just ot their friends" & then 2hrs later, there's a new shift who do the same etc...

Also a LOT of the younger ppl in the (Belgian) scene just want everything for free & in the end this only raises the price of the next party.

BUT, in general, it should work like that yes :)

The lower half of your face is strickingly similar to edward's minus the frenchie  :)

dunno if anybody else feels the same way  :unsure:

Ok fair enough that I get the crate after the work  :D

when's the festie tho ??

596395[/snapback]

You are not the first to ask me though, and I have some pictures of me when I was "Thinner" and there I really look like Ed, they say.... they also say that I look like the singer in a band... I cant remember what band though hehehehe...

The festie MIGHT be the next summer, but since we are only planning at the moment, and we want it to be near perfect, we might bump it to 2008. Better to take your time, and plan things good, than haste and make a so and so good festie :)

Well ,that depends doesn't it ? ;)

I'd say I've helped in well over 50 parties over the past coupple of years ranging from working the bar, building up before, cleaning up afterwards, taking care of international guests or helping at the entrance. Most of the times it was great fun & a favour you're doing to friends who are throwing the party, but the worst was probably 2 shifts of + 8hrs behind the bar in a 2 day-festival  <_<

In my experience some organisers actually preferred to hire fixed ppl for a certain job because to their calculations it was cheaper to just pay somebody from out of the scene to do the bar than just have friends behind the bar for free.

Becasue those friends might give away some free booze "just ot their friends" & then 2hrs later, there's a new shift who do the same etc...

Also a LOT of the younger ppl in the (Belgian) scene just want everything for free & in the end this only raises the price of the next party.

BUT, in general, it should work like that yes :)

596402[/snapback]

Oh yeah, thats for sure of course.... We have however 4 professionals for the bar already, but there is always need for extra persons that will be able to get new crates of beer, collecting mugs and bottles (Plastic of course) and so on. A bar is not just the people serving the liquids, its a lot more :) But yeah, again, you are right.

same here.. wouldnt mind helping at all if i am free and around.. transport costs would defenitly help :P

i am not very good at cleaning toilets.. but i do have alot of other qualities.. from organising parties for 700 people to pushing the playbutton on a cdplayer connected to a 100 000 kW system hehe