New Mix

NEMO.BOFH

As already announced weeks ago in my travel report....

The Mix You Can Download Here

The Front Cover You Can Download Here

The Track List You Can Download Here

Cant be arsed to write the tracklist down here as well, so you will damn have to download the jpg! :)

Hope you enjoy!

Nemo

I'm bored, so I wrote out the tracklist for you. :)

1. Shiloh - Reaction (David West Remix)

2. Shiloh - Oz

3. Beckers - Colour Me Blind

4. Shiloh - Dream On (Luke Chable Remix)

5. Rob Mooney - Feelin' Electro (Valentino Kanzyani Remix)

6. Beckers Presents Space Safari - Rhythm Junk

7. Shiloh - Imok

8. Fusi & Johnson - Outside

9. Ticon - Rip It Up

Downloading the mix now...

Guest Cosmogenesis

I'm bored, so I wrote out the tracklist for you. :)

1. Shiloh - Reaction (David West Remix)

2. Shiloh - Oz

3. Beckers - Colour Me Blind

4. Shiloh - Dream On (Luke Chable Remix)

5. Rob Mooney - Feelin' Electro (Valentino Kanzyani Remix)

6. Beckers Presents Space Safari - Rhythm Junk

7. Shiloh - Imok

8. Fusi & Johnson - Outside

9. Ticon - Rip It Up

Downloading the mix now...

595813[/snapback]

I know only Ticon from this tracklist. I'm not a big fan of techtrance, but I want at least to see how you have mixed all those stuff.So I will download it and then let u some feedbacks. :)

Got it.. mixing is nice but the tracks a bit hm... well I didn't move me much :) Liked the Feelin' Electro track but heard it too often, still.. thanks for sharing your mix!

595983[/snapback]

Thanks :) Its the first time that I do a mix with these kind of tracks hehe. For the Spanish people it was too hard haha :D Well, for the Spanish people in Leon. But then they have Varela playing in all the clubs? I dont understand the world anymore :D

My review:

First track has a very definite electro/breaks thing going on... Not sure I like the lyrics, but they work with the track. Solid opener, love the first breakdown with the pads... Sweet! The second breakdown is also a killer. :)

Second track is mixed in gradually, with the bass drum coming in at odd moments, building up to somewhere - and then there is a rhythm solo in the first track and the second track storms in effortlessly. The kick here is SOLID, very mechanical. The mixing is also flawless at this point, it's almost as if the second track WAS the first track. A good sign of things to come. The melody here is smooth and uplifting... Sweet! :D

Okay, it's time for track 3 - and just a short transition into it, but the flow is kept - and *yet another* solid track from Beckers. This one is also pretty techy, but isn't that the entire point? Cool stuff.

I almost missed the next track. Yes, the mixing is again solid here. Ah there it is, a different melody - definitely track 4. Like this one a lot, nice percussion and a great general atmosphere here. The lead that comes in around 28:40 is solid :) Very danceable.

Okay, here comes track 5 - transition is seamless AGAIN. Super job with your mixing nemo. And I'm definitely feelin' this track. Not as electro as the first track, it's more trance with electro elements. But that's okay! :)

And now it's time for track 6, mixing is good - flow is kept. The bass is pretty solid again - the energy levels are pretty high all the way through the mix, definitely a good thing. It's a cool track but there's better tracks here... :)

"Coincidentally", all four Shiloh tracks in this mix are off the new album - but that's a good thing because they all sound very cool. And this one is no exception - smoothly mixed in from the previous track. More electro influenced tech trance, very tasty. Like this one a lot. :D Extremely atmospheric, uplifting.. Almost sent the album straight to my 'to buy list' (I have to check out the rest of the album now!!!). Super choice!

The transition to the next track isn't as smooth as the rest - it works but only just. Again, we have the electro theme running through the track - however the female voice in the track is pretty annoying. I guess this just doesn't float my boat really, which is a shame because the previous tracks are all pretty cool.

And now the almighty Ticon. I own Zero Six After and I have to say it's an absolutely fantastic album. There's so much raw energy in this track, it just puts a massive smile on my face. The mixing isn't as hot here, harmonically speaking - perhaps the track should be introduced later when the previous track loses the bassline? Anyway, it doesn't distract from the sheer awesomeness of the track. :D

Great mix mate, Shiloh definitely is worth checking out. Great mixing and an all round super summer tracklist. :)

Just one thing - I'd have preferred a wider selection of artists, but that's something to work on. :)

Keep it up!!

My review:

First track has a very definite electro/breaks thing going on... Not sure I like the lyrics, but they work with the track. Solid opener, love the first breakdown with the pads... Sweet!  The second breakdown is also a killer. :)

Second track is mixed in gradually, with the bass drum coming in at odd moments, building up to somewhere - and then there is a rhythm solo in the first track and the second track storms in effortlessly. The kick here is SOLID, very mechanical. The mixing is also flawless at this point, it's almost as if the second track WAS the first track. A good sign of things to come. The melody here is smooth and uplifting... Sweet! :D

Okay, it's time for track 3 - and just a short transition into it, but the flow is kept - and *yet another* solid track from Beckers. This one is also pretty techy, but isn't that the entire point? Cool stuff.

I almost missed the next track. Yes, the mixing is again solid here. Ah there it is, a different melody - definitely track 4. Like this one a lot, nice percussion and a great general atmosphere here. The lead that comes in around 28:40 is solid :) Very danceable.

Okay, here comes track 5 - transition is seamless AGAIN. Super job with your mixing nemo. And I'm definitely feelin' this track. Not as electro as the first track, it's more trance with electro elements. But that's okay! :)

And now it's time for track 6, mixing is good - flow is kept. The bass is pretty solid again - the energy levels are pretty high all the way through the mix, definitely a good thing. It's a cool track but there's better tracks here... :)

"Coincidentally", all four Shiloh tracks in this mix are off the new album - but that's a good thing because they all sound very cool. And this one is no exception - smoothly mixed in from the previous track. More electro influenced tech trance, very tasty. Like this one a lot. :D Extremely atmospheric, uplifting.. Almost sent the album straight to my 'to buy list' (I have to check out the rest of the album now!!!). Super choice!

The transition to the next track isn't as smooth as the rest - it works but only just. Again, we have the electro theme running through the track - however the female voice in the track is pretty annoying. I guess this just doesn't float my boat really, which is a shame because the previous tracks are all pretty cool.

And now the almighty Ticon. I own Zero Six After and I have to say it's an absolutely fantastic album. There's so much raw energy in this track, it just puts a massive smile on my face. The mixing isn't as hot here, harmonically speaking - perhaps the track should be introduced later when the previous track loses the bassline? Anyway, it doesn't distract from the sheer awesomeness of the track. :D

Great mix mate, Shiloh definitely is worth checking out. Great mixing and an all round super summer tracklist. :)

Just one thing - I'd have preferred a wider selection of artists, but that's something to work on. :)

Keep it up!!

596535[/snapback]

Ben,

Thank you very much for your review of the mix, I never thought someone would actually take the time to make this kind of nice review.... but it proves to me once again, that you are a very in depht person, and that you think about what you hear.

Cheers matey :) :)

Ben,

Thank you very much for your review of the mix, I never thought someone would actually take the time to make this kind of nice review.... but it proves to me once again, that you are a very in depht person, and that you think about what you hear.

Cheers matey :) :)

596643[/snapback]

Not a problem. :)

I look forward to the next installment. :D

• 1 month later...

Oh thank you very much Mr OD :)

627526[/snapback]

It has a hint of epic / uplifting style trance to it, but its still very psychedelic. I like it very much. Im gonna listen to the whole thing again from start to finish tonight.

I heard about half of it last night and i loved it.

It has a hint of epic / uplifting style trance to it, but its still very psychedelic. I like it very much. Im gonna listen to the whole thing again from start to finish tonight.

I heard about half of it last night and i loved it.

627532[/snapback]

I thnk you will like TekkTrance Vol2 very much if you liked this. I havent encoded it and cut it up yet though, but I will post it very soon :)

Shiloh "Bleed" => top3 best cd's of 2006, so this can't be all bad ;-)

There's something in me that says it's an easy opion to pick so many tracks from the same artist in 1 mix...

Pretty boring if you have thàt cd yourself no?

• 3 months later...

Listening to the mix right now, sounds awesome so far!! Hurry up with the second installement! ;)

Nice mix! Its good to play on the long drives from work to home...

Ive been meaning to comment, but I always seem to get distracted... B)

Clean and good track selection!

Shiloh "Bleed" => top3 best cd's of 2006, so this can't be all bad ;-)

There's something in me that says it's an easy opion to pick so many tracks from the same artist in 1 mix...

Pretty boring if you have thàt cd yourself no?

if you have see shiva once, its boring to see him in very diffrent versions innit?! ;)

Listening to the mix right now, sounds awesome so far!! Hurry up with the second installement! ;)

minimal excursions was just recorded, gonna upload very soon. tekktrance vol2 is ze planned :P

Nice mix! Its good to play on the long drives from work to home...

Ive been meaning to comment, but I always seem to get distracted... B)

Clean and good track selection!

i can ze diztrack ze you!

if you have see shiva once, its boring to see him in very diffrent versions innit?! ;)

minimal excursions was just recorded, gonna upload very soon. tekktrance vol2 is ze planned :P

i can ze diztrack ze you!

Can't wait to hear those mixes!! Tekktrance 1 really is delicious. :)