best of 06?

Lemmiwinks

so I just realized that I'm kindof lagging behind in my psy collection latley, mostly because I find that most of the stuff I've bought recently is pretty mediocre... Last year I had a craving for dark psy but this year I find that even that genre is kindof going down the slope after peaking in 05. So, if you were to pick but one 06 release and recomend it, what would it be?

PS It can be any psy genre, not necesarily dark...

well do you mind making a little comment on how it sounds and stuff...?

595636[/snapback]

Not at all

And the beat goes omh is a work of strong catchy basslines, crisp compressed beats and colourful cyber-squelch! Its mix of styles and influences pays tribute a wide angle slice of musical genres that have been aired, on the groovy side of mid-tempo, over the last few years. In this, his debut album, Jonathan Smith (the Slack Baba himself) introduces the un-initiated to his version of eventsc a melting pot of fluid grooves and swirling psychedelic melodies, a touch of the ethnic and some very respectable bass frequency actionc As one of a new generation of British psychedelic artists, Jonathanfs individual style has produced some memorable live sets; turning down tempo audiences into full tribal stompers at last years Glade and Glastonbury festivals and delivering his cross-boundary hybrid grooves with impunity. His music draws the listener through a labyrinth of pulsing rhythms and mind-bending sonic states, demonstrating his skills in sound manipulation and delivering a new take on psychedelic electronica. Expect to hear a lot of this album this summer and a lot more from eSlack Babaf in the future. This is a strong debut album that will not only further confirm Jonathan as one of Liquid Records egroovers and shakersf, but should also establish his place in the CD cases of DJfs and punters alike both in the UK and internationally.

;)

so I just realized that I'm kindof lagging behind in my psy collection latley, mostly because I find that most of the stuff I've bought recently is pretty mediocre... Last year I had a craving for dark psy but this year I find that even that genre is kindof going down the slope after peaking in 05. So, if you were to pick but one 06 release and recomend it, what would it be?

PS It can be any psy genre, not necesarily dark...

595615[/snapback]

my friend just wait for the new suntrippers compilation ;)

The best thing by far this year is completely free and it's called:

extrawelt_-_dasding_plattenleger-20-05-2006-www.spaceboss.net.mp3

:)

595651[/snapback]

i agree! :)

i would also add:

Fuzzion - "Black Magic" (Boshke Beats)

V/A - "Abracadabra" (Horns & Hoofs) .. this is by far the best V/A i've heard this year!

V/A - "Abracadabra" (Horns & Hoofs) .. this is by far the best V/A i've heard this year!

595761[/snapback]

Add these:

VA:

Labyrinth Essential 001

Labyrinth Essential 002

Solstice Black

Albums:

Inure - Subversive

Annodalleb - Daath

Freq - Gosub 20

also pretty good

Lucas Presents God Save The Machine

Raja Ram Present the Evolution of Expanded Conciousness (pretty cheesy thou.. but I like it anyways)

Some others too that I've forgotten..

it's been a good year :)

The best thing by far this year is completely free and it's called:

extrawelt_-_dasding_plattenleger-20-05-2006-www.spaceboss.net.mp3

:)

595651[/snapback]

I agree with that one. Listened to it a few times the other day.

I'd also like to add my own '06 highlight: Ka-Sol - Fairy Tale.

so , he grows on you and he´s a fucker... ok.  :lol:  ;)

no man havent heard anything about it .. yet. :)

595807[/snapback]

:lol: No, I meant the album is a fucker. A brain fucker, as it were.

I just sent a mail to Dave at Schlab and asked him about any news he might have on Schlab/BotFB/Ka-Sol info in general. I'll report back if I hear from him. :)

Best of MMVI by EV (so far)

(no apparent order)

a)Doninator - Paranormal Connection

B)V/A - Kagdilla - undergreoud

c)Claw Vs Paranoize

d)Quasar - One day

Tracks:

a)Claw - Juracid

b)horror place - killer clowns

c)phobium - taliban fitta

d)gus till - outts their loco vulcan heads....

He is working on the Schlab version at the moment... :)

Anyway, the best cd for me this year must be:

"Peace Therapy 2", fantastich downtempo goa trance, I also have to mention some finnish stuff (like from 6D), specially Excuus, very freaked out! Some nice ambient was released as well this year (Zero Cult, Side Liner,...) also lots of 7.5/10 releases, just not enough for 8/10...

VA Lucas  presents god save the machine

nothing else interesting

595821[/snapback]

well if that's the most interesting release of 06 we're all fucked then :P

thanks for the recomendations everyone, will try to check them out :)