Another one bites the dust

Ktrance

Taken from the chaos website.

TO ALL CHAOS UNLIMITED CUSTOMERS

IT IS WITH MUCH SADNESS WE TODAY HAVE TO ANNOUNCE THAT CHAOS UNLIMITED WILL CEASE TRADING FROM THURSDAY 31st AUGUST

WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT OVER THE 10 YEARS OF SELLING YOU PUKKA PSYTRANCE.

YOUR SUPPORT HAS KEPT US GOING BUT WITH MUCH REGRET OUR CD SALES WEBSITE WILL CLOSE DOWN ON 31st August 2006

Mick & Sandra @ Chaos Unlimited

Bye Chaos and thanks for good service.

Peace

Taken from the chaos website.

Bye Chaos and thanks for good service.

Peace

595500[/snapback]

Never really bought much from them, but I do recall them having a great selection and being good about having things in stock. Still, as a non-Brit I found Saikosounds more appealing somehow.

Anyway, they were still an important part of the scene for a long time, so RIP, and good luck in the future. ;)

:(:( That's sad... I'm gutted!

I've made 3-4 big orders @ Chaos in the past when I traded with UK residents... And I've always had super-fast, super-friendly service from Mick, Sandra & Co... Apparently Mick is gonna carry on with some kind of download site, so I hope he'll pull thru...

Here's an official statement from Mick himself:

Hi Everyone,

Mick Chaos here. Id like to start with thanking everyone for their support and the comments here, the support of a such nice people and friends has been invaluable to us over the years and has kept us going through many ups and downs over the 10 years of Chaos. From the days of Mixtapes from Tsuyoshi, Mark Allen etc to our current mail order store its been a great ride!! And if the people we have met and dealt with are barometer of our scene, its really soemthing special. So thanks again.

Special thanks need to be made to Sandra, Ali(Ex Matsuri now with Skint), James(Amboworld), John Ford & Simon(RIP) @ Phantasm, Paul(Red Five-ello mate, wheres me pint??), Georgie, Wez and of course Lorien, (much missed)

Its been a tough descision to take but due to personal health issues and a BIG drop in CD sales over the last 2 years, we finally find that its no longer viable to continue with Chaos Unlimited. Very sad but true.

Ive been doing a "real" job for the last year, initially to keep Chaos afloat but have found that its no longer possible to keep running Chaos for the love. Much as I would like to.

This thursday(24th August) is likely to be our last day for orders, when Sandra will be in for her last day. Until then she is having a few days off as its been a rough ride over the last few months, but we are still here for the coming week.www.chaosunlimited.co.uk

However I am working with Audiojelly on www.psymp3.com, which we plan to be a Chaos Unlimited in download form. Its very new but over the next week we will be adding labels such as BNE, Spun, TIP World and lots more to the catalogue.

Regards the question of .wavs, yes it will happen but for now we are building the site using just 320kbps downloads. Future versions will include a higher quality format for sure.

However currently I am tying up a lot of loose ends at Chaos so www.psymp3.com is a project that I will turn my attention to once the dust of the Chaos Implosion has settled.

Re Psymp3 we hope that we can bring something extra to the Psy/Ambient download scene, for example its currently the only download site where you can buy the Spiral Trax catalogue, The Green Nuns Rock Bitch Mafia album(A Classic)!, The Parvati label catalogue etc. So you can see we will be making it a proper download site for our scene.

Im sorry I cant answer all the points raised on this thread and will try to keep popping in regularly between the Chaos Chaos and my other job.

Once again, thanks everybody for your support, BIG LOVE PSY FRIENDS.

Mick Chaos

If your not dancing your Decor!

The sister ambient e-tailer amboworld.com will continue though after a server change... But no more Chaos! :(

/DP

Guest Cosmogenesis

I have never bought something from them, but I remember this site has some old goa releases still available last year as "Trance Experience 1" from Discobole records if I remember well.

Anyway, it's too late now... :(

Rest in peace, guys, and thanx for your work to diffuse for one decade and more the goa music around the world :)

Fuck, I bought from them so many times when living in Uk so friendly and good service, even bought from them when I was back to Turkey. So how about amboworld I guess they were kind a together...

Hope they carry on with their lives happy and comfortable in some other way...

Who care? I found Psyshop cheapest due to i bought old releases only.

TranceShop have high prices for old releases :angry:

Saiko Sounds added extra price (not displayed on website :angry: ) when i received package

595597[/snapback]

Well, Chaos Unlimited was perhaps THE first online store dedicated to selling psy releases, at least, it was the first store I noticed coming online back in the 90ies.

So, its always sad to see when someone who played a pioneering role in developing the scene has to leave due to lack of support from the community it enriched with its initial initiative.

Perhaps if you work on a project, professionally, within the scene for 10 years, and you have to give it up since people no longer support you, you will understand why its sad.

- Krell

That's really bad news! :( It's quite some time since I've last ordered stuff from them, but the service was always superb and they also added a lot of goodies to your order. RIP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

did anyone order from their shop just before they closed? I've waited about a week now for my CD's, I know this is not un-normal but I wanted to ask anyway.

600197[/snapback]

Did you get yor stuff yet?

Yeah...bye bye chaos....THE best online psytrance store with the best, friendliest staff and customer care.....shame on you downloaders!!!!!

604535[/snapback]

Ok,

I have been absent... a long time... and most likely there aren't many around who remember my somewhat unhealthy addiction to the off topic forum... but seeing this news of the demise of Chaosunlimited has drawn me out of hiding. No... not to put on a false beard with head scarf and wander around the mountains saying how much I hate the Cornish for their blatant neocon supremacist attitude and pasty-politics. But rather to say my little piece, turn teary eyed and sentimental for what has been a really important part of my life, though sadly not in recent years due to my living in France and being such a nomad (mail order isn't so great if you are living out of hotels!)

Ok... rambling finished... why do I feel so sad?

Well I had my first Chaosunlimited mixtape of Mark Allen in 1995 or 1996. My first cd order with them was numbered in triple digits - I saw them grow to provide the most wonderful selection of discs; I danced with Loli at Tyssen street; chatted with her, Mick, Ali & George about what was worth ordering before spending almost all of my student budget on expanding my collection; grabbed some fantastic bargains at sale time and basically relied on them for tunes for six or seven years. I know my orders wouldn't have kept them afloat, but I regret that I didn't take more opportunity to benefit from them in the last two years.

I am really sorry to hear that it has come to an end... and wish them all great futures... the universe should reward them for bringing me such happiness...

bomble says bye