Richie Hawtin Live

seraph

OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG ! ! !

ARGH ! WEEEE ! Incredible !

I am still coming down from T.H.E.B.E.S.T.S.E.T.I.N.M.Y.E.N.T.I.R.E.L.I.F.E., no exaggeration...

Last night, this PERSON, BEING, ALIEN ( ? ) whatever it is confirmed me and to the rest of the crowd that he is THE FATHER OF CONTEMPORARY ELECTRONIC MUSIC... :rolleyes:B):D:)

I still can't get a hold of myself after that set, I am still tripping out !

Pumping, intense psychedelic techno and electronica at its best ! Twitching 303 lines combined with juicy, groovy rhythms and hard, intense atmospheres, easily, the best SET I have ever been too... I haven't heard anything more masculine, pumping, intense and brain stretching EVARGH !

THE GUY DEFINED THE SOUND AND MADE IT SO SOLID AND CONCRETE THAT I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I WAS LISTENING TO. ARGH ! :o:P

IF HE EVER EVER IS CLOSE TO YOU, JUST GO AND LISTEN TO HIM, HE IS TRULY THE MASTER OF THE GENRE, PADRE....INCREDIBLE... :)

I know that I sounded a bit too much, but I really can't begin to tell you guys how he rocked !

He actually OWNED every single trance act I have ever heard... no bs.

PWNAGE. 11/10 ESSENTIAL. :ph34r:B):rolleyes::):D

add a ;) to that post

actually I like to see someone getting really excited about music :)

maybe you can find that set somewhere on the web?

595266[/snapback]

It is still fresh, not even 24h, I believe that it was recorded so I am sure it will be somewhere eventually... ;)

Guest Astro Cortex

Cool. Does he perform as Richie Hawtin or as Plastikman?

And most importantly, where can I check out future live dates? There's nothing on either of his websites.

he is playing today at sven väths "vision" in switzerland. but there is antix playing at some other party hmmmmm :unsure:

595282[/snapback]

DON'T THINK TWICE, TRUST ME. B)

Cool. Does he perform as Richie Hawtin or as Plastikman?

And most importantly, where can I check out future live dates? There's nothing on either of his websites.

595275[/snapback]

Richie Hawtin, he very rarely plays as Plastikman... this was my third time I was listening to him and it keeps getting better and better every next time... he is unique... real SOUND DESIGNER. :D

YOU MUST READ.........

http://www.ubercoolische.com/

595379[/snapback]

Good site, thanks for the input... ;)

Hm... would like to see a list of essential albums by Richie.

595410[/snapback]

What he plays in his sets is beyond his production...he mixes everything, his stuff, other stuff, but everything seems solid and conceptual cause his label Minus and former Plus 8 are one of the most conceptual minimal techno labels around. That stuff he played was ut of this world, I could never imagine techno sounding like that...it was almost trancey, so acidic, psychedelic and intense but not as silly hard techno stuff, but intelligent, dark, abstract...incredible... I can list you his best Plastikman albums as he is making mostly ambient as Plastikman :

PLASTIKMAN

1993 - SHEET ONE

1994 - MUSIC

1998 - CONSUMED

1998 - ARTIFAKTS

2000 - THEOREM

RICHIE HAWTIN

1999 - DECKS, EFX & 909

2001 - DE9 : CLOSER TO EDIT

2005 - DE9 : TRANSITIONS

F.U.S.E.

1993 - DIMENSION INTRUSION

amazing.i'll listen to him whenever i have the chance.any reccomendations on his albums?i have no idea of what he sounds like...

595690[/snapback]

Look up... :D

Trentemôller fucks Richie Hawtin in the ear :lol:

595718[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

DREAM ON.

Hey, if you like richie hawtin so much , you should check out the advent.

I saw Richie hawtin several times live, but that's waaaaay back in time.

I remember the advent was simular to his music back then (acid techno).

Don't know about it now, been out of techno scene for at least 5 years.

mmmhh, back in the 303 days....*dreams away*

Hey, if you like richie hawtin so much , you should check out the advent.

I saw Richie hawtin several times live, but that's waaaaay back in time.

I remember the advent was simular to his music back then (acid techno).

Don't know about it now, been out of techno scene for at least 5 years.

mmmhh, back in the 303 days....*dreams away*

595737[/snapback]

I've heard some of ADVENT stuff and some lives but he is not remotely close to Richie... he plays more hard techno than intelligent, groovy and psychedelic but anyway, thanks for the info... I will have to go and search for some more ADVENT. ;)

which made me think... 2 topics about Richie Hawtin/Plastikman in the same month... :D

[ http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=39978 ]

596504[/snapback]

The difference is that you made an Appreciation Topic and I made 'just have been enlightened by his set' topic... :D

yes , what I meant was: "2 topics to be made about Richie in the same month, he must be worth ,certainly..." :D

596530[/snapback]

He sure is, even without the 2 topics... :D

• 4 weeks later...

I fucking love richie hawtin. have gigs of his sets and all his plastikman on vinyl. I can't say that what I've heard is psychedilc (sp!) thou.

Or maybe my idea is different to yours. Other than that you got it spot on. He is immensly talented. Have you seen his 2hr video lecture from 2002? You can get it on http://www.themixingbowl.org He explains where Plastikman and indeed Hawtin the DJ came from, the sound, the fxs, the DJing etc...

I fucking love richie hawtin. have gigs of his sets and all his plastikman on vinyl. I can't say that what I've heard is psychedilc (sp!) thou.

Or maybe my idea is different to yours. Other than that you got it spot on. He is immensly talented. Have you seen his 2hr video lecture from 2002? You can get it on http://www.themixingbowl.org He explains where Plastikman and indeed Hawtin the DJ came from, the sound, the fxs, the DJing etc...

609920[/snapback]

I can easily say that this last set I've heard was by far the most psychedelic sound I could ever hear in techno, cause it is so rare to hear that... but this was most definitely definition of psychedelic techno... I also have numbers of his other acts and gigs, and he is constantly evolving the sets, variating them, play all the time different stuff, it is not always minimal or hard... I've heard him 3 times by now and with his last set he completely managed to twist our brains, in the most unusual way I've heard by now on techno parties. Huh, I will stop the praise, but the guy is certainly THE GOD OF TECHNO. :ph34r:

I had the chance to see him play live once at some party but I was in the other rooms with some other music... I hate myself :angry:

610075[/snapback]

ARGH MAN ! You shouldn't do this kind of stuff... :P:rolleyes: