Creating percussion loops?

Hey all

I was hoping, there were someone who could show me, or tell me how to create percussion loops. Not perc.loops with different samples from movies etc, but perc. samples with hats, snares, blocks I think the right term to use is hits, but I am not sure..

Hope you guys will help me out here

Tore

Hey all

I was hoping, there were someone who could show me, or tell me how to create percussion loops. Not perc.loops with different samples from movies etc, but perc. samples with hats, snares, blocks I think the right term to use is hits, but I am not sure..

Hope you guys will help me out here

Tore

595192[/snapback]

Which sequencer u use?

Hehe, I guess I am not making myself clear.

I just want to make some perc.loops, I know I can use rex, I know I can use ReCycle to create rex files. I just want to make some percussion that's all.. :D

I just want to make some perc.loops, I know I can use rex, I know I can use ReCycle to create rex files. I just want to make some percussion that's all.. :D

595765[/snapback]

I think you're still being a little vague. Are you talking about how you slice the individual beats up, then put them together into an interesting measure/loop? If so, I'd say consult the manual.

595765[/snapback]

i dont understand why u want loops while u can make percussion loops all by yourself with only one-shot-sample :) , google rex loops or refills and something will come up. :)

I want to make them myself, but I need some advice, how to do it myself.

How to draw them, how to compress them etc..

595908[/snapback]

if u r using fruityloops just add a rex or wave percloop sample in to a slicer channel. this way u will get different sounds indipendantly. have a look at them u will come to know how they are made.or u can make loops so easly on the pattern sequencer. its just as simple as fucking

ahh now im getting it, alright what software you using?

595958[/snapback]

Reason. I have used the redrum to do my percussion this far, it works quiet good. But I guess I just need some more practice.. ;)

if u r using fruityloops just add a rex or wave percloop sample in to a slicer channel. this way u will get different sounds indipendantly. have a look at them u will come to know how they are made.or u can make loops so easly on the pattern sequencer. its just as simple as fucking

596010[/snapback]

I haven't installed FL, but that's just because I am lazy.. :D

-And who said fucking was easy..? :huh:;)

Reason. I have used the redrum to do my percussion this far, it works quiet good. But I guess I just need some more practice.. ;)

596021[/snapback]

The ReDrum is pretty cool when making beats indeed. Just make sure you have some nice drum samples, that's the key. Search around and build up your own collection of percussion samples.

The ReDrum is pretty cool when making beats indeed. Just make sure you have some nice drum samples, that's the key. Search around and build up your own collection of percussion samples.

596024[/snapback]

When producing beats, I don't use the redrum. Only for hats and percussion..

• 2 weeks later...