Koxbox

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon Tales and The Great Unknown are in my top 10 favorite albums ever - Dragon Tales especially is just insane... The Great Unknown has such a unique and lovely vibe, so irie sounding...

I saw Koxbox and X-Dream play several months ago at an indoor venue/club where the sound was freakin terrible - bass was jacked up so high you could hear almost nothing over the top of it...

I thought Koxbox was X-Dream, sounded tech trance and very monotonous and boring, just sound effects - then someone told me that it was Koxbox playing and not X-Dream - is Frank E sort of a short skinny guy with short black hair? He was the only one there representing as koxbox... Anyway it was terrible sounding stuff - but the soundsystem was a big factor...

Dragon Tales and The Great Unknown are in my top 10 favorite albums ever - Dragon Tales especially is just insane...  The Great Unknown has such a unique and lovely vibe, so irie sounding...

I saw Koxbox and X-Dream play several months ago at an indoor venue/club where the sound was freakin terrible - bass was jacked up so high you could hear almost nothing over the top of it...

I thought Koxbox was X-Dream, sounded tech trance and very monotonous and boring, just sound effects - then someone told me that it was Koxbox playing and not X-Dream - is Frank E sort of a short skinny guy with short black hair?  He was the only one there representing as koxbox...  Anyway it was terrible sounding stuff - but the soundsystem was a big factor...

607488[/snapback]

uh... Frank E when I saw him last may had long blonde hair... he's about 6' tall I think...

Please let us know what it's like when you get it!

609149[/snapback]

Listened to it once so far. It started off very good & while the whole album was good it seemed a bit samey. Definately worth more listens though & it sounded deep enough that it will probably grow more on me with repeated listens.

I've listened to it 3 times now (which I don't usually do for a new album) & I have to say that I like it. It starts of better. More full on but more psychedelic & and acid. I feel towards the end it isn't as good but might work more for the proggy fans as it's more progressive.

Listen to the 1st 3 tracks!

The samples sound bombastic. I wonder how many whining posts will I read here in the morning, though.

603657[/snapback]

Heard it. It's a proper dancefloor scorcher. The Goa purists will be royally pissed though. It's as Goa as I am a Samoan lawyer and it's nowhere groundbreaking as The Great Unknown.

It's full-on, it's cracy, it's wicked and it will rip the dancefloors everywhere the djs will play it. It also sounds so good in comparison to everything else that was released this year in the genre.

Not all tracks are full-on either, I would say it's more tech-trance oriented. Even the full-on structure/basslines tracks are much better than average full-on... Still it's almost none of the old Koxbox psychedelia as in Forever After or Dragon Tales, this is much more futuristic and cyber, techno-influenced psy.

It's not bad at all, just doesn't have almost any of the old koxbox elements, just a slight touch, still I think this is a good release..

Yeah, Transwave is indeed those two.  They put out two albums and many other tracks.  They're actually back together and are putting out a new (third) album soon!  And I saw they are playing in Canada in October, perhaps some other dates as well.

599959[/snapback]

Actually they released 3 albums back then, if we include the 8 track EP "Hypnorhythm". And this track should kick.. something. Let's hope it's a butt.

i like it, at least it isn't cheesy full-on... and it's still recognizable koxbox (psychopod) style.. just the first seconds of the first track alone :), nice hard bassdrums as well at times...

i like it, at least it isn't cheesy full-on... and it's still recognizable koxbox (psychopod) style.. just the first seconds of the first track alone :), nice hard bassdrums as well at times...

609944[/snapback]

agreed,still old koxbox at times...i was expecting more thou

I listened through this yesterday more than once :)

I really love some of the tracks, like Acid Drome. It's all very well done, composition and production blend together in a patchwork of nice, wicked trance.

The only thing i miss is some really nice melodies a la Dragon Tales, there are hints of good melodies here and there but nothing particularly striking. But I don't think that was the intention.

The really great thing is the mixing/production. The bass has been provided with some surgical attention and it's all so pumping... Listen to FM 17, Acid Drome, Side Effects...

It starts out more techy full-on but becomes seriously groovy and pumping towards the end. Solid work.

For now, it's an 8/10.

But this might change (most possibly to the worse though, but for now I love it).