Talpa

svolk

I listened to the album again today & it was alright! The music is really good but there are a few too many vocal samples. Eg/ on trust no goblin & people are animals that I would rather do without.

I listened to the album again today & it was alright! The music is really good but there are a few too many vocal samples. Eg/ on trust no goblin & people are animals that I would rather do without.

597906[/snapback]

I agree, that long, boring speech in People Are Animals is completely unecessary. :unsure:

:lol:

Nah, I like all of it, bar the annoying samples...  :rolleyes:

599163[/snapback]

Definately. It's a cracking tune just got really annoying samples. Not samples that got annoying over time but a sample that ws crap right from the start. I hope Talpa's new stuff will have none.

597906[/snapback]

Am I the only one that likes the vocals on People are Animals!? I think they're trippy, set a nice mental image and perfectly set up the tone of the track! The effects on the voice are awesomely mindbending! :D

And the vocal samples on Trust No Goblin make the track :P

Am I the only one that likes the vocals on People are Animals!? I think they're trippy, set a nice mental image and perfectly set up the tone of the track! The effects on the voice are awesomely mindbending! :D

And the vocal samples on Trust No Goblin make the track :P

599244[/snapback]

I think Vocals like that soon become tiresome & instead of setting the mood they ruin the whole track.

I think Vocals like that soon become tiresome & instead of setting the mood they ruin the whole track.

599245[/snapback]

I've listened to the album and that track millions of times (probably more times than you have ;)), and I don't find it tiresome at all! It doesn't last all that long. And the whole album isn't riddled with samples like this unlike a certain album from Nystagmus which does get on my nerves a bit. If you want to hear overuse of a sample listen to Tommy is Dead. It has a very similiar speech in it. Only it comes back again and again throughout the whole track. :blink:

I don't mind vocals in psytrance, but a speech that's over 1 minute long? I think that's a bit much...

I prefer short and sweet samples. :)

599278[/snapback]

I think it can be screwed up, OR used to great effect! Ever heard the intro to The Poisonous Square by Derango? Best intro and sample ever! :D

I listened to "The art..." for the first time in ages recently and it sounded better than I had remembered. Good in small doses I guess; I don't think any track on the album is as good as either of the two tracks of his on Vibraspirit 23. Awesome compilation, you should get that if you want to hear Talpa at his best - his sound there was much more unique, whereas his solo album is pretty heavily indebted to classical era IM.

Ok got my hands on "The Art of being Non". I only tasted it a bit, a deeper inspection will be required to form an opinion. However I must say I like what I heard, despite the fact that it definitely sounds like 2004.