Talpa

svolk

He is good but not that good. As everyone said, he tends to sound like old Infected Mushroom which is ok, but he needs more ideas of his own. I've heard his live performance few months ago and new tracks sounded different from his debut THE ART OF BEING NON, so I guess he did developed his style...unfortunately few of the new tracks that I've heard samples from haven't sound that inspiring as his debut sounded back then...so I have no idea... in any case if you like IM alike sound, you would for sure love this...

I like his sound, I wouldn't say it was as crazy/deep/hyper as Infected were - obviously draws heavily from them on his debut album. Though I was listening to the album a lot over the past week and some parts of it are just brilliance:

1. First Ray Of Light: Probably the best downtempo attempt I've heard from a predominately psytrance artist. Crazy track.

3. Trust No Goblin: The break in the middle of the track is like the first track, tribal sounding and very cool. Also love the raw bassline and kick in this one.

9. Rebirth: This one I could just listen to for the deep, ambient intro which runs for some time - then the track changes completely.

So yes there are some really good tracks - and what I listened to of his new album (some short samples in Artist News) it sounds more 'developed' and it's like he's got a style to call his own.

It's great that artists are still producing good psy-trance - funky/melodic/twisted! I look forward to the new album and his future material. :)

His debut album caught my attention, but it took a while for me too give it the appreciation and attention it deserves. He has undoublty got talent and I'm looking forward to his new album. But then again I like "an overdose of the psychedelics, shit flying around all over the place".

Definately check it out if you're even the least bit intrigued. Talpa's first album has risen to become one of my favourite psytrance albums of all time. And one of my favourite psytrance artists of all time. He is definately extremely skilled and talented in making music. Noone can accuse him of following other people's formula's, or lacking uniqueness and ingenuity. In a genre where many people are complaining about a lack of originality and the repitiveness and formulaic qualities of most psytrance, there's too little psytrance around like this to afford to miss out.

Like some people mentioned earlier, Talpa's music is very psychedelic with lots of sounds flying all over the joint. Some people don't like how intensely psychedelic it is. I got into psychedelic trance because it's supposed to be psychedelic. Most psytrance is dismal in the psychedelic department. I yearn for more psychedelic trance that is actually psychedelic and not just trance.

You owe it to yourself to at least download a couple of tracks. Like for example "Trust No Goblin" or "Flybeereligion". And if you like it, buy the album :) He also has a new album that will soon be released.

I didn't intend my comment to be negative. I actually like his music, but in very small doses because there's just so much activity in it and I don't like having to pay THAT much attention to music for any length of time. I'd say the most negative thing I can say about his album is that it never actually gets into a groove (a trance), but then again it seems most psytrance these days is made to overwhelm and astound with wall-to-wall, wacked-out sound rather than entrance with a solid groove and some catchy melodies like it was in the beginning (goa).

I didn't intend my comment to be negative. I actually like his music, but in very small doses because there's just so much activity in it and I don't like having to pay THAT much attention to music for any length of time. I'd say the most negative thing I can say about his album is that it never actually gets into a groove (a trance), but then again it seems most psytrance these days is made to overwhelm and astound with wall-to-wall, wacked-out sound rather than entrance with a solid groove and some catchy melodies like it was in the beginning (goa).

592727[/snapback]

I wasn't actually directing that comment at you! There's a few people I've heard say the same thing about Talpa, except generally in a much more negative fashion. I understand what you mean about the groove/trance. I actually love very busy psytrance, as it means I always have something to listen to and focus on. Generally repetitive psytrance bores me, and just becomes background sound. Whereas with busy psytrance I can actively listen to everything that's happening OR just tune out and get into the trance if I choose. Whereas if there's too little going on, I get bored trying to actively listen to it. All the insanity is also very good for Psychadelics :D

Talpa The Art of being None was a good album but i prefer The Misted Muppet from The legend more due to The Misted Muppet used more power :lol:

i like artist making pure psychedelic trance :lol: no todays bullshit unpsychedelic psytrance :angry:

Guest Cosmogenesis

Personnaly, I like only two tracks of his first album: the first and the last. The others approach indeed the style of infected mushroom, but the problem is that I'm not falling in love with this kind of music.

But, if I have an advice, listen once the last track of the album. I think you'll be quickly convinced about the Talpa's potential. :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I think I remember Talpa saying he's done a couple of downtempo tracks on Cindarella (his new album)

596631[/snapback]

Humm... interesting. If there are some tracks like "back to dreaming", I'll enjoy them for sure. :)

I listened it long ago and as far as I can remember it was good. But I havent listened nothing new from him..

596774[/snapback]

some of his new tracks are really very good... Expect still loads of melodies on piano-like instruments with the medieval vibe! :) Also on the next Suntrip compilation there will be an old schoolish song by him with a violin and auforic melody... :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

some of his new tracks are really very good... Expect still loads of melodies on piano-like instruments with the medieval vibe! :) Also on the next Suntrip compilation there will be an old schoolish song by him with a violin and auforic melody... :)

596809[/snapback]

It's good to learn :) Can't wait to listen it ;)