best/ worst live performance ever

supergroover

yep.. these days we had big goa/psytrance parties in old factories and other sites.. but Astral was in "sinine paviljon". Cosmosis was also here and Lunar Asylum + some others. Were great parties... I have most of the flyers since '94, if you're interested, i can look up the exact dates and acts.

592792[/snapback]

wow :blink:

pics please :)!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow :blink:

pics please :)!

592928[/snapback]

i'll have to search, cause we did'nt take pic's, but i'm sure, someone did.. for now i can just scan the flyers and show them.. but anyway, good thinking.. i will search for some pics.. maybe some of my friends took pics. i surely did'nt - i only had a "smena" camera these days, and this was too big to carry around to parties.

i'll have to search, cause we did'nt take pic's, but i'm sure, someone did.. for now i can just scan the flyers and show them.. but anyway, good thinking.. i will search for some pics.. maybe some of my friends took pics. i surely did'nt - i only had a "smena" camera these days, and this was too big to carry around to parties.

593104[/snapback]

haha, yeah those old soviet cams, huge, but good, good but huge :lol:

anyhow, very interesting, was goa so popular at that time in estonia? probably while we here had scooter and all that crap you got goa, nice bargain :D.

some more info perhaps, or links to resources ;)?

anyhow, very interesting, was goa so popular at that time in estonia? probably while we here had scooter and all that crap you got goa, nice bargain :D.

593109[/snapback]

well.. the first flyer of an "alternative party" i have is from '94.. i went to a factory rave at nov. '95 for the first time - there they played jungle, goatrance, techno, acid and hc.. but there were several parties before already.. alot.. and these old factory raves were really massive.. (Punane RET (an old factory of speakers and radios n stuff)), Paberivabriku katlamaja (heatingroom of the paperfactory), Kalinin factory, Hobujaama factory.. these were main places.. also some parties were held at abondoned russian military bases (rocket bases, etc).

Anyways, nowadays we have also a lot of parties every week, but only a few goa/psy parties.. well, most of the listeners are russians and estonians often will not go to their parties.. things could get a bit nasty.. but a couple of weeks ago some estoninans made an open air/indoor(at night) party in one abondoned rocketbase.. they got the permission for it straight from the NATO headquarters in Brussels.. cause our military spends time there practicing weapons n stuff.. (some indoor pics @ http://www.djsiimk.com/nucleartest/ ) .. also, some pics from the last saturday Legowelt party (was in a old factory) --> http://www.weekend.ee/?gid=306

okay, sorry everybody for the OFFTOPIC.

well.. the first flyer of an "alternative party" i have is from '94..  i went to a factory rave at nov. '95 for the first time - there they played jungle, goatrance, techno, acid and hc.. but there were several parties before already.. alot.. and these old factory raves were really massive.. (Punane RET (an old factory of speakers and radios n stuff)), Paberivabriku katlamaja (heatingroom of the paperfactory), Kalinin factory, Hobujaama factory.. these were main places.. also some parties were held at abondoned russian military bases (rocket bases, etc).

Anyways, nowadays we have also a lot of parties every week, but only a few goa/psy parties.. well, most of the listeners are russians and estonians often will not go to their parties.. things could get a bit nasty.. but a couple of weeks ago  some estoninans made an open air/indoor(at night) party in one abondoned rocketbase.. they got the permission for it straight from the NATO headquarters in Brussels.. cause our military spends time there practicing weapons n stuff.. (some indoor pics @ http://www.djsiimk.com/nucleartest/ ) .. also, some pics from the last saturday Legowelt party (was in a old factory) --> http://www.weekend.ee/?gid=306

okay, sorry everybody for the OFFTOPIC.

593137[/snapback]

hehe, nice, more!

i understand what you mean with "things could get a bit nasty" ;).

edit:

http://www.djsiimk.com/nucleartest/DSC08797.jpg

aint that you?

593109[/snapback]

-oh we got Scooter all right...

Scooter has visited Estonia at least 3 times.... :lol:

Im kinda new to the psy-scene!

But:

Best:

Astral Projection

Filteria

Ibojima

Ocelot

(Btw, i didnt see shit what they were doing...but it sounded awsome lol)

everything on FMF 2006

Worst:

INFECTED MUSHROOM @Full Moon Festival 2006 <--wtf, rock pop music! i was disappointed...they didnt play bombat =(

1200 mics @ FMF 2006! lol one of them was pretending to play congo's and i didnt hear any congo's in the sound....it sounded like it was all sampled!

And might i add:

the worst Dj set ever:

DJ ALLADDIN or something....@ FMF06!

holy fuck, i ran ouatta there!

The first song played was a super commercial remix og BassHunter - Boten Anna!

Crappy shit song made in Fruity lopps in 5 mins and got very popular, and it was a fucking psytrance remix of it with sampled acid stabs....! I've never been so disapointet!

Best : Younger brother sonica 2006

594175[/snapback]

Word... ;) I was there, too, front row, center... Sleepwalking to "Sleepwalker", freaking out to "Freak" and, ummm..... chestering to "Chester" (new tracks - out on the new album - heard ´em on New Wave Radio)

Too bad the skies opened and drowned the festival before Hallucinogen-time :(

fractal cowboys and penta lives were the best for me.

dunno about the worst, i just walk away from the dancefloor and block it out. :P

DJ ALLADDIN or something....@ FMF06!

holy fuck, i ran ouatta there!

593877[/snapback]

I agree. If I remember correctly he came right after Filteria. I missed half of Filteria's set because I fell asleep right in front of the mainstage. I had been dancing all morning when Chromatone was playing, so I was kind of exhausted. I woke up with some terrible commercial tunes and ran away as fast as I could.

oh, and the best livesets for me at Fullmoon were Chromatone and Tristan.

Just got a new best live act experince yesterday! Derango in a swedish forest, I have never been messed up by music like this before! Amazing experince! Music wise the most psychedelic experince of my life! :wacko:

worst I'm not really sure... could be IM on Freedom Festival last year, I was'nt at the mainfloor at the time they were playing but, what i heard was terrible!!! so did'nt even try to go there :angry:

Just got a new best live act experince yesterday! Derango in a swedish forest, I have never been messed up by music like this before! Amazing experince! Music wise the most psychedelic experince of my life! :wacko:

59577[/snapback]

You lucky, lucky bastard! That must have been so awesome!

I don't think I'll ever get the oppurtunity to see them live :(

Anyone have any liveset vids of Derango!?!?

BEST :

SHAKTA ( 2000 )

PSYCHAOS ( 2001 )

X-DREAM ( 2002 )

INFECTED MUSHROOM ( 2002 )

ELECTRIC UNIVERSE ( 2002 )

ASTRAL PROJECTION ( 2000, 2002 )

DEEDRAH ( 2003 )

HALLUCINOGEN ( 2005 )

ATMOS ( 2006 )

SON KITE ( 2006 )

BEAT BIZARRE ( 2006 )