best/ worst live performance ever

supergroover

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´ve seen so many good live-shows so I´ll just write some of them...

Hallucinogen is number one. Don´t need to explain =))

6 years ago, or something like that, Koxbox/Psychopod/DJ Frank E played for 3h in Copenhagen. OMG... They played most of their best tracks. Stratosfierce 2001 was the only one I really wanted to hear that night.

Total Eclipse. Same party as above. Chaotic Circus, Free Lemonade, Space Clinic etc. Do I need to say more??

Hmm... who´s next?? Astral Projection, Man With No Name, Tim Schuldt, Cydonia, Joujouka??

Oh, right...

I saw Juno Reactor this summer. That is a show everyone here needs to see.

um... ministry at Lollapalooza 1992...

that stage show blew my mind!

Soundgarden is SO boring... got stuck seeing them twice...

or do you mean psytrance?

I dunno... Wizzy Noise was fun...

Best: Son Kite on many many occasions, S>Range at VooV 2002, Wrecked Machines at VooV 2003, Jaïa at VooV 2005, Hallucinogen in Copenhagen 2003, Sub6 in Copenhagen 2003, KoxBox/Saiko-Pod in Århus 2000, Tristan, Allaby and Prometheus at Sonica 2006

Worst: Kluster in Århus 2003, Michele Adamson at Soulclipse, Infected Mushroom on 3 occasions in 2004, Yage at Sonica 2006.

Best (I prefer the word "outstanding", as I can't name a single best one):

Koxbox / Saiko-Pod (they (well, it was just Frank ... Ian was ill, but you still have to say "they" because DJ Acan was jumping in for some parts so that the audience can still experience a set that is somewhat live, you know) delivered a 5 hour live/DJ set and at the same time it was my first psy gig with an international liveact too ... absolutely great experience), S.U.N. Project (that whole night was perfect, not just them, but the whole night ... unforgettable for me), Etnoscope, ...

These were the most outstanding ones ... but in fact all international liveacts that I saw until now never really sucked real bad ... even if the set was not so good, the overall vibe was never negative - EXCEPT at the following gig:

Logic Bomb ... unfortunately, unfortunately ... Logic Bomb are actually quite good, I know, but that one was not good. It was only one of them two guys - the other one was ill - and nobody did help him (like Acan did with Frank, I told above). So it was basically just DJ set, you know ... and the set didn't really catch me ... and in addition to that the high entry fee and the not-so-nice people made me somewhat more and more pissed off until I really got bored with the music and ranty with all the everything <_< ... this was the ONLY gig where I left the psy floor before four and waited in the chill until the first metro goes. I really hated this evening. Unfortunately, unfortunately ... could have stayed at home and would have been better off with nerve and money :(

Eskimo.

Ill let you decide if you think i liked it or hated it.

590309[/snapback]

well, you must have liked it, there is no other reason anybody here on Psynews would go on such a gig except that he likes Eskimo, because everyone on here knows how bad he is!

:lol:

just kidding ;)

Though I'd be interested what devil rode you to go to an ESKIMO gig???

Best live gigs: GNOTR and Hallucinogen way back in the days

Not quite so long ago, Logic Bomb, from the Headware era.

More recently Son Kite and Jaia

Worst live ever: Infected Mushroom at Soulclipse - They were truly appalling, couldn't play the guitar, can't sing, can't write lyrics either and grandstanded their way through a dire performance.

i thought the opening act on boom this year was problely one of the best i've seen/heard

and the worst is by far kino oko.

that might've been some technical problems, but it fucking sucked anyhow.

funny guys though.

i don't mind artists not playing wholeheartedly live, I put much more value into energies than into technical things.

I'd rather have a 'buddha' just pressing play and dancing, giving nice energies, than an oversized ego behind a desk with 40 synthesizers, and no contact with the audience or the atmosphere.

nomatter how phat it sounds if the DJ or liveact can't weave energies it doesn't matter how tight they play.

Best : AB Didgeridoo oblivion.

This guy is basically a one man band, he sits in a chair, has a didgie taped so that it stays in place without hands, a small set of electric drums on his lap (the ones that look like airline food trays) and some effect pedals etc... gear, brilliant!

Worst : Hallucinogen.

Everything he played was on one dvd, his performance was basically just opening/closing channels on a big-ass mackie desk. A lot of synths etc were lent from various persons for use as "props" on the stage + the set itself was a potpourri of songs from the two albums. later on I downloaded a live set of his frmo some other place and it sounded almost identical.

best in psytrance was Koxbox during some very small and cozy open air in 2004...also BLT & Danni Makov at new years eve 2005/2006, a terrible party with only 2 hours of good music. one of the best in electronica overall was Aural Float in zurich this spring and Mouse On Mars last summer. best in rock was Roger Waters in locarno.

usually i try to forget the bad ones, but two i can remember: danish Micro Dot playing cdj-act at Traktor Schalllabor label party some years ago and Eskimo at Zoom 2004. i still have nightmares.

I found an older post of mine cause i'm still sleepy to write a new one! I also edited it a bit...It was about the artists performance one stage and not their music originally, but the same acts gave me the best lives musically oriented.....

I've seen most of bands and artists live at least once (lots of them more), so i think i can have a clear pic of their appearance on the stage etc....!!

Juno Reactor --They gathered on stage more than 10 people (native Australian musicians) playing Dijeridoos (sp?) and lots of drums...!! Apart from the music that was great, it was also a great show to watch and i consider myself lucky to be there....!!

Sun Project--It was middle of the summer.....45 degrees....and Sun Project appeared on stage with Alien costums and masks...!! That was funny and people went crazy when they saw them...!! One of the lives i'll never foget....!!

Analog Pussy--Just one thing.....Jiga on a tiny mini skirt, playing the guitar...!! Their whole outfit was colourfull and they used to wear those funny sunglasses...!! They went crazy on stage and people really enjoyed this one as well....!!

Logic Bomb--Athough their not famous for their fancy appearance on stage, that live was really mad...!! It was one of their early lives here in Greece...in '97 if i'm not wrong...(sorry weak memory...), and the guys went crazy behind their keybords....!! Atmosphere was great, music as well, and i consider this to be one of the best lives i've ever seen....!!

Prometheus--When i saw this ill looking guy with glasses behind those huge synths i didn't expect much.....After the live finished i was speechless! I went and told him that his live was quite an experience for me...! He looked happy.....

262067[/snapback]

Worst live:

Xenomorph--I've seen the guy 2 times live(1996-2002) and i din't liked at all... I was about to leave the party the second time, but Earthling kept me there to listen to their new album back then "Patterns"...! I'm never going again to his parties...

Strange thing is that other people liked him that night....so i guess it a matter of taste..!

As much i've seen, so far the best is Hallucinogen.. cause i have'nt seen Shpongle live :( and don't know, if they are going to do one anymore.

but anyway, yesterday we had a massive techno party in an old factory - Legowelt was main guest + Apparat live + Technical Directors live +some more.. all played extra well.. but what i wanted to talk about, happened on the other stage - Burdock & Bleah 4 deck special.. meaning, there were 2 guys, both had 2 turntables + apple computer and they were mixing at the same time.. meaning they mixed between eachother too.. so at some point there were 4 different tracks playing simultaneously.. and that was very nice.