• Fast Track™ USB

• Transit®

• Marian Marc 4 midi

And my choices are this:

• Delta 1010LT

• Audiophile 192

• Audiophile 2496.

• Marian Marc 4 midi

Till now I have 2 soundcards on board, some 5.1 channel Holywood or something shitty like that.. That was good for mixing and production when I tweaked my computer to its best performance..

But now when I bought synth I need MIDI IN/OUT PCI card.. So what do u think about choices I made, which is the best?? Will it serve me good?

over the years i have owned both of these

• Audiophile 2496

• Delta 1010

588336[/snapback]

and had extensive use of both of these...

• FireWire Audiophile

588336[/snapback]

• Ozone

588336[/snapback]

All top notch and bug free except the Ozone which was very buggy - the Asio drivers didnt seem to be managing the buffer sizes properly and was getting CPU overloads at very early stages in the production.

IMO you cant go wrong with the top 2 :)

OK, so the choice is narowing..

Which one to choose from (ONLY) these two cards:

• Audiophile 2496

• Delta 1010 ?

Others are not an option since I dont have dealers in my country abd/or the price is bad.. So only these two cards for my question but u can write small review of rest of cards so others can know which to choose if they had decision to make like me.. THX for feedback.. Im more on the 1010 side but 2496 is cheaper so..

Bubbles u had extensive use of both of them but which one is better and why?

Hm, well actually I need MIDI IN/OUT and that is most important but in the future I will maybe cooperate with someone so u never know.. one guitar here, one flute there, one drum here.. but 10 outputs is a lot.. I dont know maybe its better to buy more from start not to have problems in the future if I buy some more equipment

Bubbles u had extensive use of both of them but which one is better and why?

588372[/snapback]

i would say that both are almost identical except the 1010 has more I/O's - they use the same converters and the 1010lt has them on the card the same as the 2496

I use to own the 1010 not the Lt so the converters were mounted in a breakout box which has the advantage of not receiving interference from other components inside your PC..

whats the rest of your setup ? do you have lots of hardware synths, outboard gear and a large mixer ? if not just go with the 2496.

If your doing all your mixing inside your sequencr then there really is no need for 1010 I/O

as long as the card is full duplex with Midi and your hardware mixer routing is capable of setting up stereo send's from each channel you will be fine no matter how many synths, guitars or mic'd up flutes ( as long as your mixer has enough channels to host em all of course ;) )

Now Im in doubt.. Which one to choose Audiophile 192 or Audiophile 2496.. Now Im on the 192 side cause it has 2 big banana inputs and 2 outputs.. 2496 has cinch.. And my synth has big bananas so if I took 2496 which is cheaper I will have to use adaptor from banana to cinch.. And I have tons of cinch cables and not one big banana-both sided.. will I lose the quality on adapters? I mean cause of resistance.. If Im loosing to much on adapters its better to buy more expensive 192 right? I cant decide really..

Now Im in doubt.. Which one to choose Audiophile 192 or Audiophile 2496.. Now Im on the 192 side cause it has 2 big banana inputs and 2 outputs.. 2496 has cinch.. And my synth has big bananas so if I took 2496 which is cheaper I will have to use adaptor from banana to cinch.. And I have tons of cinch cables and not one big banana-both sided..

588580[/snapback]

Bananas ? :huh:

i would go for the 192 as it has the balanced 1/4" TRS for its analog I/O rather than the RCA jacks on the 2496

go for the 192 if you dont mind spending the $$

will I lose the quality on adapters? I mean cause of resistance..

588580[/snapback]

im not sure

yeah we call it bananas here.. that 1/4 big jacks.. I think Ill go for the 192.. I already spent too much on synth so what the heck.. And its not actually about resistance, its more up to heavy adapter who always gets out somehow and u have to correct it till u get the stereo.. I had too much truble with that since I started to use them.. Avoid adaptors as much as u can, my recomendation.. Rather buy a cable 1 in/2 out or or 2 in/1 out and there is no noise, no click, no messing with the adaptor for half an hour till u get it right and then after u play one sound and accidantally hit the cable u start again..

Anyways 192 is choice.. If I will have that much money, otherwise 2496..

Now Im in doubt.. Which one to choose Audiophile 192 or Audiophile 2496.. Now Im on the 192 side cause it has 2 big banana inputs and 2 outputs.. 2496 has cinch.. And my synth has big bananas so if I took 2496 which is cheaper I will have to use adaptor from banana to cinch.. And I have tons of cinch cables and not one big banana-both sided.. will I lose the quality on adapters? I mean cause of resistance.. If Im loosing to much on adapters its better to buy more expensive 192 right? I cant decide really..

588580[/snapback]

yeah we call it bananas here.. that 1/4 big jacks.. I think Ill go for the 192.. I already spent too much on synth so what the heck.. And its not actually about resistance, its more up to heavy adapter who always gets out somehow and u have to correct it till u get the stereo.. I had too much truble with that since I started to use them.. Avoid adaptors as much as u can, my recomendation.. Rather buy a cable 1 in/2 out or or 2 in/1 out and there is no noise, no click, no messing with the adaptor for half an hour till u get it right and then after u play one sound and accidantally hit the cable u start again..

Anyways 192 is choice.. If I will have that much money, otherwise 2496..

588595[/snapback]

You must be brazillian :huh:

OK another question.. Should I buy Audiophile 192 or a MIDI-->USB adapter for much less money.. Or maybe I should simply buy Hercules DJ console 2 with MIDI in/out sound card and a mixer on board? I know it sounds stupid but new Hercules Mk2 looks cool and cost as much as Audiophile 192