Twisted Records 10th Anniversary

Frontier Psychiatrist

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a night !! Talk about a brain meltdown. When the mushies peaked and the nitrous was a pinging, I was in my own psychedelic heaven. Fucking insane !!

I'm back at work now, felling a bit wrecked but all worth it of course. Nice to meet all you psynewsers.

What a night, what a night. My only regret was missing the shpongle set (i've never seen them before :( ) as i was so into the music in the old school room the next thing i knew it was 3 hours later and I'd missed the whole lot. Bugger. Ah well, the green nuns at the end of the night made up for it :D

Just uploaded my photos onto the net, check em out if you want. There's a brilliant one of deathposture right at the end of the night, hehe. anyway here's the link, hope it works:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...16187&members=1

What a night, what a night. My only regret was missing the shpongle set (i've never seen them before  :( ) as i was so into the music in the old school room the next thing i knew it was 3 hours later and I'd missed the whole lot. Bugger. Ah well, the green nuns at the end of the night made up for it  :D

Just uploaded my photos onto the net, check em out if you want. There's a brilliant one of deathposture right at the end of the night, hehe. anyway here's the link, hope it works:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...16187&members=1

629222[/snapback]

OMFG!!!!! hahahahahahaa!!!!! Look at DP!!!! Shame on you!

TE & Gnotr were simply brilliant, made it worth coming over to UK..

I have around 750MB of movies from the party.. going to make a short movie of it with fancy effects when I have the time and energy..

:)

TE & Gnotr were simply brilliant, made it worth coming over to UK..

I have around 750MB of movies from the party.. going to make a short movie of it with fancy effects when I have the time and energy..

:)

629383[/snapback]

you're about the only psynewser i don't recall meeting. could be my mistake, the whole evening was kinda...blurry

yeah, was indeed blurry, couldn't recognize anyone during the party. but when the lights went on I saw anoebis. didn't have the time/energy to stay and chat though, had to rush to the airport

I spent like £40 on balloons man.

629030[/snapback]

Nitrous oxide? Are you kidding me? Why not just take that one last step and snort some cleaning solutions? <_<

Seems like it was a flippin' blast, though. Look forward to reading more reports.

we asked them about it, but neil said they 'were having trouble getting the studio together' + they were kind of into different stuff ATM. didn't sound too enthusiastic, but we'll see. he did say that after 7 years they enjoyed performing again, and would like to do so again :) guess who we're booking for our next event ;)

Had a great time throughout the party,didnt meet any ofyou psynewers,saw some of you though(Colin in his classic smiley face shirt,the guy with the psynews tee,and then Anoebis which his face was familiar,but was too thrashed to say hello..)

Enjoyed very much the music by SeanWilliams(rocked B) Greenuns last perfomance at the goa room was SICK as well,then the all classics Tristan at the main,great vibes as always,enjoyed SebTaylors digitalis set and mostly most of the party,shame it was so damn packed and such a queue to et a bloody beer(rolled twice while waiting in that queue and met so many fellas,damn took maybe a half hour or something :P )

Anyway will post full review later,im here from a friend...

UNBELIEVABLE!

I just come from the airport like an hour ago and I'm completely bombed + I have to go see a special lady now...

But I just wanted to say a big, heartfelt thank-you to everyone who made this a night I'll never forget...

The queue system sucked beyond words (two hours of waiting because they lost m fucking jacket! Amateurs!), but everything else was AMAZING! One priceless musical moment after the other... And one spaced out trip after another... Holy shit! B)

Psynewsers are the best people in the world and you all rocked my world...

I'll come back here with a full party report + lots of pictures and video later...

B)

/DP

Here we go with my reply! :)

Well, first of all it was nice to see all the ektoplazm guys and psynewsers! :) a big thanks for the nice times to Soren/Senobyte who facilitated me perfectly during the whole weekend (once again thanks from me, Caroline and Kirsten), and then the ones I saw during the party: DP (nice to meet thé reviewer, with a big beer in the hand), Asherett (and his friend Thomas I think, very nice guys, but real vikings... 2 meters high... and wide :P) , Mars (ah, well, always nice to see back friends), Tatsu (very nice lady she was!), Draeke (the Italian Etnica freak, nice for talking about music!), 303 (and his crazy friends totally dressed up as Green Nuns!), Majoony, Overdose (ik spreek een beetje Nederlands! :P) and all the Belgians of course :)

Second, the party, well, musicalwise it was perfect, crowd-wise it was dissapointing, too filled indeed, in Belgium they would protest if there would be so many people inside! I even had to change my dancing style because I simply didn't had the my square meter all the time... but ah well, if i started to head bang with my dreads I mostly managed to get some room, héhé... About the bar stuff, strangely enough I always had my drinks within a minute or 2? (I went to the bar in the old school room always)

Then, music! :) a soft start in the old school room with Blue Vortex like music, nice for warming up and then a dj set of Total Eclipse. A too high dose of hits, but it's never bad to hear Let There Be Light on a big soundsystem, but an artists could be more original then just play the tracks of 3 old TIP cds ;)

But ah well, I danced alot already and got ready for Simon Posford :) I, TBE, Kirsten and Caroline found a place at the left side next to the wall where there was still some place left, and omg, he rocked the place big time! The Loin King Rmx was amazing! The whole set was amazing in fact, it's the 4th time I saw him live, and the best! :) Acidic, playfull, really live, mind banging, melodic... :)

After that I tried to pick up some Shpongle, which was dissapointing because it was a "best of" mixed with Raja Room playing "fool", really, it was redicicoulos, but I was happy I went away because I got in the old school room again where Process was thé sensation of the evening!

His dj set was perfect, super psychedelic Hux Flux old school style, damn! After that Total Eclipse took over which was ok, the second part was better... Ah well, good enough to keep me dancing and then I was waiting for Slinky Wizard... SHIT, fucking dj Dimitri showed up and played some Crappy Full On for 1.5 hour (no Slinky Wizard?), so I ran away into the breaks room where I heard nice music of some unknown guy, pretty acidic breakbeaty stuff (was it Merv of Eat Static?), and then... Green Nuns! :)

It was 7 years ago they played live the last time, and well, I'm glad they were still enjoying their music so much, making fun with the public and eachother! great! Musicalwise, nice as well, it were "just" his Rock Bitch Maffia tracks, but for 1hour that music is like a psychedelic storm, I almost died during the set because I danced too hard :P But ah well :) Great it was! Thanks alot guys!

Afterall it was all worth it! I'm looking forward to the DVD of the party! :)

Best moments: Hallucinogen, Process and Green Nuns! Great all of them! :) 3 fantastich acts on 1 party, that was long ago for me, 500 people less and it must have been one of the best parties in my life, now it's only in my top 10, but still one of the best this year :)

Joske

okies so I really failed on the meeting psynewsers front, I met Vicky in the ladies for a minute and she told me you guys were sat on sofas, but I couldn't see you :(

All in all I had quite a strange party, for reasons I can't be bothered to go into...but the music was phattio, GNOTR were stompoforically wicked :D Last time I saw them was 1997 so it was amazing to see 'em again. Failed to see Tristan (gutted) and I saw about 2 minutes of Hallucinogen....I didn't get to the party till 1am and Simon was up there doing his stuff and it was just way too squished for me to even be in the same room...

Have to apologise to Gemini and Tatsu who found me outside flyering at the end - like I said the party was a bit wierd for me and communication wasn't my strong point in the morning - apologies girls, you looked like you had a wicked night though :)

Daytrippers afterparty at brick lane was also wonderful! Cafe 1001 is the perfect venue for afterparty adventures I reckon!

Sorry I didn't get to meet more of you properly...hopefully next time eh?

xx