Where do you host your mixes for FREE?

acidkills

So Im sick of the file sharing sites and mix uploading so here is a poll to help me and everyone else to pick from which hosting provider to take service.. I had enough of cutting my mixes into tracks cause of the file limitations and server busy/down and download limitations.. So u choose and tell me/us..

So Im sick of the file sharing sites and mix uploading so here is a poll to help me and everyone else to pick from which hosting provider to take service.. I had enough of cutting my mixes into tracks cause of the file limitations and server busy/down and download limitations.. So u choose and tell me/us..

586566[/snapback]

they are all pretty similar services and only tend to fail if the server is too busy. you would be best paying for some hosting space as it will be easier and more reliable for people to download from.

yeah, pay sites are the way to go. Though, watch out for Mixupload.com, you have to be a registered member to dl from there. Which is a pain in the ass...

ive used a bunch of sites for uploads for random things like mixes, whole CD's, Counter-Strike:Source maps, etc....

i havent really found anything as good as filefactory.com though...

it hosts the files as long as 7 days with no download, and if you want it to stay on for longer, its the most inexpensive site out there next to buying a domain and setting up an FTP account.

for pay sites, id probably have to go with 1&1.com.

cheapest sites with free FTP accounts.

Basic Package:

for only $2.24 a month, you get:

* 1 domain name

* 5 GB web space

* 500 e-mail accounts

* 250 GB traffic

*1 FTP account

*website builder

*blog

*photo gallery

*MS Frontpage server extensions

*ready-to-run CGI library

*and an RSS feed

which is incredibly cheap for the quality of the package.

:ph34r:

Cheers,

XiniK

• 6 months later...