Alesis Micron: Is it any good for trance?

Does somebody have Alesis Micron? Is it better than Korg? Comparison to Moog and such synths? Can it be used for trance? Any information is welcome.. I read the reviews and it sound cool..

585262[/snapback]

look for the ion instead => more knobs

Forgot knobs, Micron supports all presets that Ion has, but Ion does not support Microns.. I already bought it, and its miraculus.. Ill buy MIDI controller in future for knobs twidling.. But for now I can do all of that MIDI controlling on Micron only with less knobs.. Just push, turn and play.. Better than Microkorg, Moog..

My question now is does anybody have some sysex files (home made) for Micron/Ion to share?

oh boris, youre so crazy.. So what is it after all.. Is it better or what?

I think its different... lol

Never tried Moog but the specifications shows..

586549[/snapback]

:P

a moog and an ion are 2 different synths with different possibilities / options indeed

if I had to choose (and had lots of money), I would go for the Moog Voyager, otherwise the Ion.

the voyager is a pretty kewl synth, especially with the VX 351 extention but the ion has 12 voices B)

don't know if you heard about these: http://asb.creamware.com/

Yeah, my thingie has 8 voices.. I must get those sysex patches from Ion.. Moog is cool but Little phatty is cooler.. THX for decision, I know it was hard to choose.. They are all great devices and if I had the money all of them would be in my setup but for now micron will do his tricks.. Till I pay my bank credit for it.. lol.. Its expensive but still less than Virus B.. So I choosed analog..

Yeah, my thingie has 8 voices.. I must get those sysex patches from Ion.. Moog is cool but Little phatty is cooler.. THX for decision, I know it was hard to choose.. They are all great devices and if I had the money all of them would be in my setup but for now micron will do his tricks.. Till I pay my bank credit for it.. lol.. Its expensive but still less than Virus B.. So I choosed analog..

586616[/snapback]

yeah, the little phatty is sexier but has fewer knobs. I think you can't turn the RES and CUTOFF knob at the same time because it's 1 knob for both.

The Ion/Micron is virtual analog, but it sounds analog so it doesn't really matter :)

Its really easy to program, no matter what the people say, its my first synth and I already managed it, so..

Less is more.. lol

Cant wait to get home to start jamming on it..

Extract from review:

Summing up is easy. The Micron sounds fabulous; rich, lush, powerful, warm... everything you would hope for. Equally, it can be harsh, dirty or percussive. It is compact, solidly made and has more programming potential than anything this tiny has a right to. At the price, it's almost too good to be true.

When I first started it bass program that was active was TB or not TB?

I couldnt get my self to stop laughing.. My precious..

Its really easy to program, no matter what the people say, its my first synth and I already managed it, so..

Less is more.. lol

Cant wait to get home to start jamming on it..

Extract from review:

Summing up is easy. The Micron sounds fabulous; rich, lush, powerful, warm... everything you would hope for. Equally, it can be harsh, dirty or percussive. It is compact, solidly made and has more programming potential than anything this tiny has a right to. At the price, it's almost too good to be true.

When I first started it bass program that was active was TB or not TB?

I couldnt get my self to stop laughing.. My precious..

586714[/snapback]

less is not more in the case of synths u propably havent used a full knob synth or the ion thats the same with micron but has most of its functions in knobs!

overall is a nice synth but i wait for a software editor!

orange

I personally don't like the Ion or micron - there are definately better synths in that price range. And btw - it does NOT sound analog (you would know if you had a real analog synth). Like all other digital and not-so-good analog synths it sounds thin in the higher freqs, though it is capable of making good sounds.

Spiritual is this u making carnage on microKorg? Dont let your gf near micro..

Posted ImagePosted Image

As for atropa, yeah I didnt used knobs nor the Ion, but I can read what others are thinking.. And decide from sum of opinions.. I knew that it doesnt have knobs, but like u said most of them are there but I didnt bought it cause of the knobs, I will buy M-Audio Axiom in future to go with the Micron so there will be station for knobs, sliders and pads.. I even thinked about that Novation stuff without key, just knobs, sliders and faders.. Then when u combine that u got a powerfull tool, isnt it?

For now I dont need knobs.. Atropa can x, y, z knobs be programed? I think they can and if they can what do u wont more? Only with, m2 and pitch yesterday I made some sounds that top class old school goa producers used in their songs back in old days.. I just couldnt belive it, it sounded almost exactly, just a little more tweaking and voila..

Posted Image

yes 'x-y-z' knobs can be assigned to any parameter but again its not enouph!

i make my patches oonly when i want to use some specific sounds live !

as for the other guy said that its not sound like analog OFCOURSE it doesnt sound like analog cause its not analog! but it sounds full and rich and its capable of very nice sounds (ion and micron) and i can say cause i had many many hardware synths the past decade under my fingers that it sounds alot better than many va's and even better than some analog ones and the price is unbetable!

orange

yes 'x-y-z' knobs can be assigned to any parameter but again its not enouph!

i make my patches oonly when i want to use some specific sounds live !

as for the other guy said that its not sound like analog OFCOURSE it doesnt sound like analog cause its not analog! but it sounds full and rich and its capable of very nice sounds (ion and micron) and i can say cause i had many many hardware synths the past decade under my fingers that it sounds alot better than many va's and even better than some analog ones and the price is unbetable!

orange

588523[/snapback]

Exactly! It does sound good (just not analog though) but I don't think it's without competition in the price range and I would personally choose another.

It just seems ridiciulous to compare it to Moog, virus, nord and so on.

It is ridiciulous to compare it to virus and nord of course, Ive never said that.. But it has some sound from Moog, Jupiter, and even some kicks from 909..

But let us clear this up.. Why does ALESIS states this

"Industry-leading analog-modeling sound engine in a lightweight and portable keyboard" ???

Can u guys tel me the difference betwen analog and analog-modeling..

Modeling means to shape something right? Analog modeling should be shapeing analog sound.. So that isnt analog or what? Analog sounds cant be modeled? U guys are confuseing me..

Orange.admit it. you are just lazy..

The title of the topic is "Alesis Micron: Is it any good for trance?"

And I think we all agree that it is good for trance but it can be used in techno and electro too..

It is ridiciulous to compare it to virus and nord of course, Ive never said that.. But it has some sound from Moog, Jupiter, and even some kicks from 909..

But let us clear this up.. Why does ALESIS states this

"Industry-leading analog-modeling sound engine in a lightweight and portable keyboard" ???

Can u guys tel me the difference betwen analog and analog-modeling..

Modeling means to shape something right? Analog modeling should be shapeing analog sound.. So that isnt analog or what? Analog sounds cant be modeled? U guys are confuseing me..

Orange.admit it. you are just lazy..

The title of the topic is "Alesis Micron: Is it any good for trance?"

And I think we all agree that it is good for trance but it can be used in techno and electro too..

588576[/snapback]

analog and analog modelling its 2 different things

analog synths use voltage controled osc to produce their sounds and analog modeling its using dsp chips to make their sounds so basicaly va synths are small computers in a synth box!

also making a sentense with moog and nord/virus together is completly wrong tha first is analog and the last are va's so that means is that they have a totaly different aproach to making theyr sound!

soo nord, virus, alesis, novation etc synths are in the same league but with different qualitys and characteristics!

moog, alesis andromeda, korg ms 20, roland junos etc are pure analog synths with voltage controled osc with a much more lush and warmer sound!

AND YES IM LAZY! after 10 years of synth tweaking and with todays technology i realy apreciate a good software editor!

orange

acidkill man whats wrong with the mkorg? :P im sure my new tunes will blow everyone away and its a microkorg im using to make my album , microkorg is a very good synth , and if it gets girls , well , they´re welcome :D

im sure the alesis micro is good but im also sure its a pain in the ass to program unless u have a software interface for it :)

I never said microkorg sucks only that micron is better.. Microkorg is good synth for shure but I personaly think Micron is better acording to reviews and specifications.. MicroKorg is easier to program, u can pick pattern quickly (list on board) but Micron is completly different structure than korg, actually patterns on micron are not sorted by number cause u can change whole pattern and replace the old one.. Its hard for someone to program it but I think its a breeze even though I havent got the program for creating patches with it. Is there any software for it btw? You are complaining about the knobs but as I said when u combine it with axiom u got power tool.. That girlie picture was just to bug spiritual carnage a little :P

I think I have one of your songs buddha but u can send me some more to hear what u make out of microkorg.. Then Ill make my final opinion..

Atropa thanks for clearing things about A and VA and yeah VA is like a computer inside a box, I realized that cause when Im working on it I feel like working with Cubase or Reason :-) And same question for software to u, is there one? About nord and virus I know they are two different things but I quoted carnage so I mess that up, sorry for misunderstanding..

And I knew u were lazy but Im just begining to get into synths so it isnt hard for me, nor I think its hard for any begginer, u agree? And I think when I recover from paying this Ill probably buy some Juno or Moog, but its hard to find, I only found Juno-60, is it good? And what about Jupiter 8, I have one sound on micron from it? And about JP-8000? I think 8000 is the best choice from junos.. The guy who sold me micron sold it cause he is buying evolver and he needed money, I think evolver is pretty cool, dont u? But its expensive..

Ill try to get Juno 60 in the future.. And link it with micron.. But thats not 100% sure cause the guy told me to call him next month but who knows will he have it still.. He has Virus B to but I bought Micron so dont have the money anymore.. And I have to buy a soundcard to..

I never said microkorg sucks only that micron is better.. Microkorg is good synth for shure but I personaly think Micron is better acording to reviews and specifications.. MicroKorg is easier to program, u can pick pattern quickly (list on board) but Micron is completly different structure than korg, actually patterns on micron are not sorted by number cause u can change whole pattern and replace the old one.. Its hard for someone to program it but I think its a breeze even though I havent got the program for creating patches with it. Is there any software for it btw? You are complaining about the knobs but as I said when u combine it with axiom u got power tool.. That girlie picture was just to bug spiritual carnage a little :P

I think I have one of your songs buddha but u can send me some more to hear what u make out of microkorg.. Then Ill make my final opinion..

Atropa thanks for clearing things about A and VA and yeah VA is like a computer inside a box, I realized that cause when Im working on it I feel like working with Cubase or Reason :-) And same question for software to u, is there one? About nord and virus I know they are two different things but I quoted carnage so I mess that up, sorry for misunderstanding..

And I knew u were lazy but Im just begining to get into synths so it isnt hard for me, nor I think its hard for any begginer, u agree? And I think when I recover from paying this Ill probably buy some Juno or Moog, but its hard to find, I only found Juno-60, is it good? And what about Jupiter 8, I have one sound on micron from it? And about JP-8000? I think 8000 is the best choice from junos.. The guy who sold me micron sold it cause he is buying evolver and he needed money, I think evolver is pretty cool, dont u? But its expensive..

589342[/snapback]

i know man i was only joking with u :)

i dont know about the software but korg made one for microkorg , so its damn easy to make sounds with it . i dunno about alesis.