New way of live perfromance

ProSect

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Elysium

But that's probably where the similarities end..

;)

:D

586297[/snapback]

Not true!

They are both dirty. Hippies from not washing and Chaws in their way of talking :)

Is his performance adaptable to the idea that people go to a party to dance and get into the music?

Its exactly what Eskimo turn it into (and let's not forget Skazi and IM too here).

A rock concert "come and see me I am a mega super star and you all worship me".

As I said i rarely see anyone dance to such Mega rave shows. They all stand like it was a rock concert and look at the artists on stage (Eskimo, Skazi, IM etc.).

At least when you go to a rock concert you can be sure that the band actualy play live and have a talent to play an instrument ;)

So when I make fun of Ginger Boy & Co.  it's not because of their music (even though i find it to be crap and nothing to do with the concept of trance).  It's their attitude and Diva performances I make fun of.  And they deserve it all!

585380[/snapback]

word...

i completely agree with u ...

586196[/snapback]

Agree 100%!

I've (unfortunately) been to see IM and (dare I say it)... Astrix a few yrs ago. I was very much disappointed in their "live" PA. I walked out, just left. The ppl were so high on whatever... they had no real clue who the Artists were & what was being played. One A-Hole actually asked me (while he tried to hump my leg like a dog) :angry: "hey, yo... who's dat spinnin'?" I guess he didn't see the massive IM logo and the huge Israeli flag over the stage. :unsure:

Never again! Now instead of going to a mass rave, I just go to real Psy parties that we or our compition throw. At least we know it's gonna be a party, not a mosh-pit!

I respect this scene too much to speak badly of any Artist or Project, hence the wise old saying "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all".

I try very hard to live by that... but sometimes I just can't bite my tongue. :rolleyes:

Enough said.

my intent was not to "bitch about negative feedbacks" or anything, and not once have I mentioned "PLUR", Im just trying to illustrate another perspective. Theres no reason anyone should not be allowed to voice their opinions. I do wonder sometimes how much of this is someones own opinions, and how much is "what the cool crowd likes". So I guess Im stupid for trying to see from different angles than all the crowd. Thats fine, thats an opinion, please voice it all you like! Im not even saying anything about my own opinion. Which is that Eskimo and fullon like that is a major block of shit.

Really what Im saying is those people are having fun. Is that a bad thing? Maybe some day they'll see how shallow their lives are and how much harm they do by supporting cheesy commercial music. DOnt forget they may not be stupid, they could just be ignorant!

If it makes you angry to see people enjoying crap, maybe you should look the other way. Maybe if you dont look at it it wont make you angry! Unless of course your goal is to get angry. Which is fine, I guess, have fun being angry if thats what you like to do.

Really what Im saying is those people are having fun.  Is that a bad thing?  Maybe some day they'll see how shallow their lives are and how much harm they do by supporting cheesy commercial music.  DOnt forget they may not be stupid, they could just be ignorant! 

If it makes you angry to see people enjoying crap, maybe you should look the other way.  Maybe if you dont look at it it wont make you angry!  Unless of course your goal is to get angry.  Which is fine, I guess, have fun being angry if thats what you like to do.

586318[/snapback]

I don't get angry watching people loving crap. It's funny! Therefore bitching about it is a lighthearted Joke at the stupid twats :D:P

Without trying to offend anyone it's also interesting to see that most of the followers to these Mega stars come from countries like Russia, Ukraine,Poland, Mexico etc etc.  Countries that are new to the Psy-scene (i hate to even call this psy).

You know shit about psytrance scene in Poland, do you? So why you include it here in this topic?! There never was (and probably never will be) Skazi here and parties here look and feel like proper psy-parties of the 90'. If you're trying to find some catchy theory, like "all ex-communist country people need to have leaders to worship them", then you're way off base mate... Believe me, people here are not stupid, have their own minds and taste...

Check here (galleries on the left):

http://psytrance.pl/galleryindex.php

"Without trying to offend anyone (...)"

You didn't offended anyone, dear Elysium, at least not me, you just made a fool our of yourself by writing such statements, but that's what people get when they have absolutely no idea about the subject. Think before you write. Do not worry, happens to everyone. :P

As a co-founder of Psytrance.pl I could write a long essay here, but I'm gonna stick to what Antic said (pretty much on the spot). Plus, I don't know if a decade makes us (Poland) new to the scene...

ps. some vital links for the uneducated :)

http://www.psytrance.pl/scene.php

http://www.psytrance.pl/galleryindex.php

As it goes for Eskimo, well... if I want to see monkeys or clowns I go to the zoo or to the circus.

Agree 100%!

I've (unfortunately) been to see IM and (dare I say it)... Astrix a few yrs ago. I was very much disappointed in their "live" PA. I walked out, just left. The ppl were so high on whatever... they had no real clue who the Artists were & what was being played. One A-Hole actually asked me (while he tried to hump my leg like a dog)  :angry:  "hey, yo... who's dat spinnin'?" I guess he didn't see the massive IM logo and the huge Israeli flag over the stage.  :unsure:

Never again! Now instead of going to a mass rave, I just go to real Psy parties that we or our compition throw. At least we know it's gonna be a party, not a mosh-pit!

I respect this scene too much to speak badly of any Artist or Project, hence the  wise old saying "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all".

I try very hard to live by that... but sometimes I just can't bite my tongue.  :rolleyes:

Enough said.

586312[/snapback]

I have seen Astrix live too. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Eskimo was far worse. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

amazing how people take things personal....

is it male PMS day or something? ;)

586568[/snapback]

It doesn't have anything to do with taking things personal (as I've stated before, I wasn't offended), it has to do with you knowing nothing / zero / null / ziltch about things.

As for the PMS thingy - you should know best, you're the queen of it.

586568[/snapback]

*First sentence edited by Tatsu. I guess you know why.*

Polish Psy Trance scene produces some of the currently most interesting releases.

BigWigs, Kino Oko, Praecox and more.

Oh man I suck big time, total loser.. Eskimo has one good song that I used in ma mix.. I was lucky I cant watch the video, so I just seen some pictures of him grabbing his nuts.. That guy really sucks.. And about that skazi nazi hail hail.. I think people who worship any human as an idol are suckers, if anyone deserves worship its God and when people actally worship God others watch them and criticize and laugh.. That is the sadest thing in life, how some shitty dj or some football star or pop star or somethink can get greater gratitude than God.. It sucks big time.. People are very limited these days and will be more in the future.. Osy trance should open peoples minds not close.. Shitty ass eskimo, Ill never mix it again, same to skazi.. A fuck, Im so pissed right now.. Where is that golden days of goa, I want that back.. Argh..

Have u seen Darren Schambala playing live? I think its even worse than this, he has one guy who dances beside him and "turning the atmosphere up".. But the music is good actually..

Money makes the world go down

586568[/snapback]

well, i think ive seen you reacting the same way when someone makes a post based on assumptions, with 0 knowledge, so i wouldnt say that its male PMS day ;).

you shouldnt take it personal yourself, it seems like you did :P

Guest Elysium

you shouldnt take it personal yourself, it seems like you did :P

586705[/snapback]

Not really.. I was being ironic (or sarcastic) in a light hearted manner ;)

:)

*First sentence edited by Tatsu. I guess you know why.*

Polish Psy Trance scene produces some of the currently most interesting releases.

BigWigs, Kino Oko, Praecox and more.

586573[/snapback]

yeah Kino Oko is killing stuff :)

try dark life records from poland darkish stuff :)

don't know if you maybe know Aural Planet , the should be quite popular in USA.

They track Propaganda was used in a movie (dont remember the title right know).

I think in couple of years Poland can be a kind of european psytrance mekka ;)

something like brazil in south america hehe :)

but seriously i think that gigs of Skazi or sth like that is just a question of time to take place in poland. But i think that won't be idea of any party organizers but maybe pepsi tour the world festival or sth :) hehehe

What is the thing with these "artists" that seems to be just filled with their own egotrips?

What is the thing with the people that accept or even like this behaviour?

This music was never about fame in the first place... Im so disgusted by this..

How about creating a party with no fucking live this or live that.. Only simple DJ`s, that plays tunes - not on a big rockshow scene but within the dancing crowd itself..

So the people will have to entertain themselfs with the art of dancing instead of consuming someone else dance. Or arm wavering.. or whatever

Its all about money today. The dumber the crowd the more money you make.

The more money that can be made, the less spiritual will the meaning of the gathering be.

Imho there are still enough parties like that (at least here), with local DJs and not international line ups. Maybe it's a bit more difficult to find them since they are not anounced as big as the huge parties but they are still here.

Guest Elysium

Imho there are still enough parties like that (at least here), with local DJs and not international line ups. Maybe it's a bit more difficult to find them since they are not anounced as big as the huge parties but they are still here.

587239[/snapback]

The whole point is to go back to the roots of what a party should be like if we aim at making people focus on the dancing instead of the star worshipping.

In order to do so the parties need to stop the liveact frenzy that has gone way overboard and use DJ's instead incl. international DJ's. Keep the liveacts at the many Festivals. It was possible to make highly trippy floating parties with only DJ's playing just 8-9 years ago so i have no doubt in my mind it's still possible. The real question is if today's people are willing to stop the sad groupie mentality and return to the essense of the parties. THE MUSIC.

Let's face reality. People start to dance and get into the music the minute the have no icons to worship.

The whole point is to go back to the roots of what a party should be like if we aim at making people focus on the dancing instead of the star worshipping.

In order to do so the parties need to stop the liveact frenzy that has gone way overboard and use DJ's instead incl. international DJ's. Keep the liveacts at the many Festivals.  It was possible to make highly trippy floating parties with only DJ's playing just 8-9 years ago so i have no doubt in my mind it's still possible. The real question is if today's people are willing to stop the sad groupie mentality and return to the essense of the parties. THE MUSIC.

Let's face reality. People start to dance and get into the music the minute the have no icons to worship.

587244[/snapback]

Valuable point! But I still think there are enough people who don't go for the names but for the music. I mean I personally also choose the parties I attend (sometimes) because of the names of the DJs (also local DJs). Not because I feel must see this and that name but because I like the music he/they play so I can be sure to have a good time and dance a lot.

What is the thing with these "artists" that seems to be just filled with their own egotrips?

What is the thing with the people that accept or even like this behaviour?

This music was never about fame in the first place... Im so disgusted by this..

How about creating a party with no fucking live this or live that.. Only simple DJ`s, that plays tunes - not on a big rockshow scene but within the dancing crowd itself..

So the people will have to entertain themselfs with the art of dancing instead of consuming someone else dance. Or arm wavering.. or whatever

Its all about money today. The dumber the crowd the more money you make.

The more money that can be made, the less spiritual will the meaning of the gathering be.

587197[/snapback]

well, i think that its attitude, not "live this live that", thats wheres the problem, how one perceives live acts/dj's,so imo if music is good its not live acts fault that they get invited to party just because people like their music, not to stare at them, but music. and its not to be replaced by dj's or vice versa. sometimes people want to experience masters themselves performing their music, live, the energy.

at least i wouldnt mind to experience some pleiadians live :P

and not staring at them, but dancing :D .