BEATPORT PRICE INCREASE. Nooooooo ! :(

jamez_23

Buy a legit CD in Russia it is cheaper. A legit download site can also be cheaper. So goes the schpiel! I doubt much of what beatport makes goes to artists.

583763[/snapback]

Exactly, sometimes you don`t know if even the more expensive source is not hollow......

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Elysium

I doubt much of what beatport makes goes to artists.

583763[/snapback]

Now you are assuming things you do not know. ;)

I can tell you the deal is very reasonable seen from an artist point of view. Way better than any psytrance labels I know of offer artists when they release their music on CD's.

Jamez, please share us some better sites. I am looking to buy some Trentemoller material on WAV that i couldn't buy before cause i don't have a vinyl player.

584721[/snapback]

I found everything I wanted at Trackitdown.net. It has loads of Trentemoller. You have to search for him three times because of slightly different spellings of his name. The newer stuff is mostly available in WAV for £1.75. (75p cheaper than Beatport). Good service though.

Dunno what exchange rates would apply to you. I'd be interested to know.

I have a few more to check. There are loads now. djdownload.net // juno.co.uk does downloads now.

I found everything I wanted at Trackitdown.net. It has loads of Trentemoller. You have to search for him three times becuase of slightly different spellings of his name. The newer stuff is mostly available in WAV for £1.75. (75p cheaper than Beatport). Goo dservice though.

584746[/snapback]

MP3 320kbs $ 2.84 US

WAV $ 3.34 US

No, thanx :angry:

MP3 320kbs  $ 2.84 US

WAV            $ 3.34 US

No, thanx  :angry:

584748[/snapback]

Yup. Sorry dude. But believe it or not it's still cheaper than Beatport for me !!! Now you feel my pain! :lol:

Its more expensive than Beatport used to be. But Beatport have pissed me off so much, it will do for now.

Someone needs to crack this niche. I thought Beatport had it, but I was wrong.

Someone needs to jump in quick with FLAC WAV - quick download speed, cheaper bandwidth bills. Cheaper WAV's to uncompress at your own lesuire. Someone will take up the challenge.

If Beatport changed its prices then sooner or later all the major shops will do the same,just a question of time i guess.

And trust me these guys up there are not stupid at all for changing their prices higher.

They are aware that most people download albums first for free into mp3 format and then buy just the tunes that they like from sites like Beatport so for someone who likes lets say 2 tracks from an album its still cheaper to get them from Beatport than buying the whole cd in original.

YES they will loose a percentage of their customers BUT they will still make more profit under their new prices,all has been calculated and examined before going into effect my dear ones :)

584618[/snapback]

I'm not so sure about their business model and the way you describe it here. If Itunes sees there is some money to be made here they will easily put them out of business and take over now that they substantially raised their prices in such sneaky way and pissing people off...and pissing people off is a big no no .... Itunes is firm on pricing their music $1 per track if I remember correctly which people find fare.... that's one of the reasons why they are so big.

$3 per downloaded , no artwork, no cd, just .wav file is just plain ridicilous.

...oh and you can get quite a bit of psy trance on Itunes....for 99 cents a song...

actually iTunes advtersises tunes for .99 Cents but there are hidden consts when you buy the music, it's a wierd system they have sometimes you pay a bit more, sometimes less... it also depends on the amount of music you buy.

I've not read through the whole thread (too lazy), so maybe the answer to my question has already been answered, but I don't understand why people (who buy MP3's) don't just buy CD's. That way they have the CD to play at home on their CD player and can transfer the music in whatever bitrate they like to their MP3 players.

actually iTunes advtersises tunes for .99 Cents but there are hidden consts when you buy the music, it's a wierd system they have sometimes you pay a bit more, sometimes less... it also depends on the amount of music you buy.

584801[/snapback]

Haven't used iTunes and I don't like QuickTime and iTunes appications - they suck.

So, is there any psytrance?

i haven't actually bought from anything from itunes i don't know the program, don't own, a mac or iPod for that matter and DRM? :lol: plwwease...

i just read an economic analysis of the store a few months back. Which means if you buy 5 tunes, it dosen't mean you pay 5 dollars... it's like $6.0-7.0 or something like that to give you an example.

584801[/snapback]

You may very well be right. I am not 100% sure about their system, but I can tell with a fairly high degree of confidence they will not advertise they sell tracks for 99 cents and then charge $3.5 per song like Beatport does.

Haven't used iTunes and I don't like QuickTime and iTunes appications - they suck.

So, is there any psytrance?

584809[/snapback]

Yes there is psytrance on Itunes. They had a lot of Twisted records stuff last time I checked for example. You can buy the whole Hallucinogen in Dub album (10 songs) for $9.99, they also have The Lone Deranger album for $7.92, Jaia-Fiction $9.90, X-dream - Radiohead EP for $2.97, Talamasca first album $8.91, Pleiadians-Family of lite 99 cents each song, Etnica-Plastic/Vimana EP for $2.97, Son Kite-Colours $8.91 and a lot more.

X-dream - Radiohead EP (3 songs) is cheaper than one song on Beatport...

Their electronic music selection is huge.

I just ordered a few tracks from here in Oz from beatport. will i get charged in US$$??

I think the only boon with this is that at the mo i can D/l track whilst i'm travelling and not have to deal with carrying around inlays and extra weight. James I feel your pain mate, after doing the sums from here it only just works out financially better to D/l. sounds like the muppets arent considering the UK

(hope your well dood)

ps: if anyone knows where i can buy a .wav copy of der dritte raum - trommelmaschine

then lemme know

Guest Elysium

All though I 100% agree on that the weird increase in the prices is wrong, and I am looking into if beatport can do this wiothout the accept from the labels, I wonder why you guys go to Beatport? I mean it's easy to see that beatport mainly is a online shop for House and electronica and not so much for psy even though it got some for sale. There must be way better online shops for psy out there or is the psy scene so greedy that it still think there's no need for mp3 psy shops because it's all dandy ok to take the music for free (a question not an accusation) ?

The Beatport guys saw that people rarely buy whole albums from their website but just single tracks so thats why they raised their prices.Like i said still its cheaper to buy some wavs from Beatport for free than buying the whole album just for 2-3 tunes.

Maybe.. But as James explained Beatport and the likes are a good way to (virtually) get your hands on fresh tunes released on vynil that remains the most expensive (but also probably the most "cherishable") format.. This without having to wait for a label that would pick up some tracks here and there to compile them on a compact disc (like Hadshot are doing, and others..)

So as a matter of example, i've selected this release :

Lützenkirchen - Knight Moves EP

Label: Great Stuff

Format: 12"

Release: 2006-07-24

Labelcode: GSR031

Which contains four mixes of the track..

On beatport, and God knows why, this release is "still" considered as an "exclusive" one (haha..funny)

Europe is now priced in Eurodollars:

1.      €1.49 for general release

2.      € 1.99 for new release

3.      € 2.49 for exclusive release and classics

So.. You have to pay on Beatport :

9,96 € for the tracks

4,00 € for the Wav handling

that makes 13,96 € for four tracks..

While you could get the physical record for :

Music-Head (Germany) : 7.80 € (without shipping fee)

Streetwise Music (UK) : £5.95 (£6.99 inc VAT)

Juno (UK) : £6.54

Chemical Records (UK) : £5.53 (£6.50 inc VAT)

Cisco Records (Japan) : 1.200 Yen = 8,09739 €

Intermusic (Spain) : 9,40 €

Streebeat (Finland) : 9.25 € (without shipping fee)

et caetera..

So maybe you're going to reply that "hey, not everybody owns some turntables.."

Indeed, but the reason of it always was the investment the buying of turntables + mixer represents.. And so the digital purchases were a cool solution for people who're not earning +2000 euros per month..

Welcome to new millenium management :)

And I feel sorry it's making you smile, Detox..

And I feel sorry it's making you smile, Detox..

584941[/snapback]

Yep, we are not that stupid. Don't forget that the technology advances and in 3 years from now nobody would bother to download mp3 on P2P. Wav will be the common downloadable format, let's see beatport raise their prices to stand the competition then.

I still prefer downloading for free and if i like it buying it the old fashioned way.

Behaviour like that is anti consumerist and it will not improve their income.

I'll stick with Saiko sounds.

So as a matter of example, i've selected this release :

Lützenkirchen - Knight Moves EP

Label: Great Stuff

Format: 12"

Release: 2006-07-24

Labelcode: GSR031

Which contains four mixes of the track..

On beatport, and God knows why, this release is "still" considered as an "exclusive" one (haha..funny)

So.. You have to pay on Beatport :

9,96 € for the tracks

4,00 € for the Wav handling

that makes 13,96 € for four tracks..

While you could get the physical record for :

Music-Head (Germany)        : 7.80  € (without shipping fee)

Streetwise Music (UK)          :  £5.95 (£6.99 inc VAT)

Juno (UK)                          : £6.54

Chemical Records (UK)        : £5.53 (£6.50 inc VAT)

Cisco Records (Japan)          : 1.200 Yen  = 8,09739 €

Intermusic (Spain)              : 9,40 €

Streebeat (Finland)              : 9.25 € (without shipping fee)

584941[/snapback]

The same EP costs $3.99 on Itunes

Yes there is psytrance on Itunes. They had a lot of Twisted records stuff last time I checked for example. You can buy the whole Hallucinogen in Dub album (10 songs) for $9.99, they also have The Lone Deranger album for $7.92, Jaia-Fiction $9.90, X-dream - Radiohead EP for $2.97, Talamasca first album $8.91, Pleiadians-Family of lite 99 cents each song, Etnica-Plastic/Vimana EP for $2.97, Son Kite-Colours $8.91 and a lot more.

X-dream - Radiohead EP (3 songs) is cheaper than one song on Beatport...

Their electronic music selection is huge.

584839[/snapback]

In Dub only has 6 tracks dude.....

584968[/snapback]

Ooops yes you are right. Here is what simple "Hallucinogen" search returned:

Gamma Goblins (G.M.S. RMX) 7:24 Hallucinogen GMS - The Remixes Electronic $0.99

LSD 6:12 Hallucinogen A Voyage Into Trance (Mixed By Paul Oakenfold) Dance $0.99

Dark Magus 7:31 Hallucinogen Twisted Electronic $0.99

Orphic Thrench 7:22 Hallucinogen Twisted Electronic $0.99

L.S.D. 6:43 Hallucinogen Twisted Electronic $0.99

Deranger 7:33 Hallucinogen The Lone Deranger Electronic $0.99

Gamma Goblins, Pt. 2 8:47 Hallucinogen The Lone DerangerElectronic$0.99

Sharling (Remix) 6:47 Hallucinogen The Lone Deranger Electronic$0.99

Horrorgram 7:32 Hallucinogen The Lone Deranger Electronic$0.99

Trancespotter 8:36 Hallucinogen The Lone Deranger Electronic$0.99

Shakey Shaker 6:22 Hallucinogen The Lone Deranger Electronic$0.99

Demention 7:17 Hallucinogen The Lone Deranger Electronic$0.99

Jiggle of the Spinx 6:40 Hallucinogen The Lone Deranger Electronic$0.99

Spiritual Antiseptic 8:49 Hallucinogen Dementertainment Electronic$0.99

Mi-Loony-Um! 10:53 Hallucinogen Demented Electronic

Beautiful People (Otts Mix) 7:59 Hallucinogen DementedElectronic$0.99

Alpha Centauri 10:16 Hallucinogen Twisted Electronic

Shamanix 9:59 Hallucinogen Twisted Electronic $0.99

Snarling Black Mabel 7:45 Hallucinogen Twisted Electronic$0.99

Fluoro Neuro Sponge 6:41 Hallucinogen Twisted Electronic$0.99

Solstice 17:41 Hallucinogen Twisted Electronic

LSD (Live Mix) 7:47 Hallucinogen Dragonfly - A Voyage Into TranceElectronic$0.99

Trancespotter 6:54 Hallucinogen Dragonfly - A Voyage Into Trance Electronic$0.99

Snarling Black Mabel 6:15 Hallucinogen Dragonfly - A Voyage Into TranceElectronic$0.99

LSD 6:49 Hallucinogen Dragonfly Classix Electronic $0.99

Guest Elysium

Does iTunes offer wav?

584977[/snapback]

Not as far as I know. And let's not forget that iTunes does not allow you to copy the bought music to another computer or even copy the music more than 2-3 times on the computer you downloaded it on (I might remember this amount of times wrong).

So wonder where you get most value for your money? ;)

I am still confused since I here in Sweden still have the exact same prices on Beatport as before the launch of version 3.

584968[/snapback]

But when getting it from for instance Beatport, do you get 6 files then? So that there's a small gap between the tracks? Or can you get the image and a cue file? Listening to mixed cd's ripped track by track kinda messes up the flow. IMHO.