BEATPORT PRICE INCREASE. Nooooooo ! :(

jamez_23

Yeah, that makes no sense. That's the price you'd pay for a new CD in HMV in Japan!! It's much cheaper buying CDs on the internet. Maybe they don't like money & don't want customers.

Btw is european money actually called eurodollars? I was sure it was just euros. Does england now use poundollars?

584048[/snapback]

It's just Euro's as far as I know. Obviously, they have some strange ideas. Probably being run by scientologists or something. <shrugs>

It really is quite astounding. The prices are nearly twice as much for me now. Would you guys say the increase for you is in line with that? I don't reckon it is. And how come its ok for the US to get the tracks cheaper? They're making up the rules as they go along. None of the on-line cd shops do this. Beatport are going down baby.

Perhaps I'll make copies of the tracks I download for all of my friends (lots of DJ's in there) to help make me feel better about getting ripped off. Its a two way thing y'see. You respect us, we'll respect you. A delicate balance don't you think, Beatport?

pfffft :angry:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to pay for FREq's new album:

17.91$

8$ wav handling

+ ~700Mb bandwith

=25.91$ + traffic

@ psyshop it costs:

13.87$

4.41$ shipping

=18.27$

:o interesting how their buisness goes after 2-3 months

584051[/snapback]

For that it would cost me £21.41 which converts to $27.5515 USD

Costs me more ! :lol:

Unbelievable. It's as if they think that no one will mind. We need an even playing field online. Its cyberspace for fucks sake !

I never used that kind of service and probably never will (MP3s mean shit to me, the only value is a genuine CD + artwork), but I always wanted to ask this:

If you (or someone else using your computetr) accidentaly delete the MP3 file from your HDD, can you download it back for free?

I never used that kind of service and probably never will (MP3s mean shit to me, the only value is a genuine CD + artwork), but I always wanted to ask this:

If you (or someone else using your computetr) accidentaly delete the MP3 file from your HDD, can you download it back for free?

584192[/snapback]

Nope. Back your data up and you have no probelm. I burn stuff to cd and keep a copy on my pc (which gets backed up.)

Not important for me anymore though. I aint paying those prices. I have two kids / mortage etc ..... can't keep up any more.

These people are actually encouraging piracy imo. Anyone for swapsies?

Wow, their reply to you Jamez, it made no sense. They're making stuff more expensive because of UK prices (and the currency exchange rate, which would only go for albums coming out of great britain ...). And that's all for the label's sake? :blink: WTF FTW!

Am I missing something? What do these prices have to do with albums coming out of other parts of the world? Doesnt make any sense to me...

1 question Jamez: did you download at Beatport because it's cheaper than buying cd's or vinyl? I agree with Antic that the original cd plus artwork also has some extra value, that's why I never got into downloading stuff...

1 question Jamez: did you download at Beatport because it's cheaper than buying cd's or vinyl? I agree with Antic that the original cd plus artwork also has some extra value, that's why I never got into downloading stuff...

584250[/snapback]

Hmm. The attraction of Beatport for me was with 12" releases / digital releases. If I want to buy trance music I still buy cd's from chaos / psy.shop. They always were better value for money.

Beatport was a way for me to get vinyl releases without buying vinyl also good for cherry picking good tracks from other genres, lets face it psy / prog psy has been stagnating recently. It has really opened up my mind and introduced fantastic music to me that i would have otherwise been unaware of. I have been spinning electro house / minimal sets for a while now with very encouraging results. I would still say I was part of the psy scene though,

My intention is to still browse at betport but make other arrangements with labels / other download stores to obtain the actual tracks. So - I will still use their services but will contribute nothing to them financially. I will be actively discouraging all of my peers in the UK from using their services, just as I have been singing their praises to everyone, up until now. I have very effective ways of getting my voice heard within our scene here.

The prices have nearly doubled for me. Have they nearly doubled for everyone else?

chaos / psyshop / saiko sell cd's fore the same price for all. $$$$$

Why do Beatport think they have the right to make the rules up as they go along?

I have tried to play fair. Might as fucking well just use soulseek like everyone else.

583995[/snapback]

dont want to uppset you, but i use DC++ :P

Btw is european money actually called eurodollars? I was sure it was just euros. Does england now use poundollars?

584048[/snapback]

:lol:

I agree with Antic that the original cd plus artwork also has some extra value, that's why I never got into downloading stuff...

584250[/snapback]

what i value is quality of music :D

not whether i dloaded it or purchased piece of plastic :ph34r:

:)

dont want to uppset you, but i use DC++ :P

:lol:

what i value is quality of music :D

not whether i dloaded it or purchased piece of plastic :ph34r:

:)

584436[/snapback]

Throw away these SVEN headphones, buy a Sony/Technics/Sennheiser or something like and listen to a wav.

MP3 less than 320 suxx, man.

Throw away these SVEN headphones, buy a Sony/Technics/Sennheiser or something like and listen to a wav.

MP3 less than 320 suxx, man.

584460[/snapback]

i have sennheiser hd 212pro, not that they are something special tho.

BUT - what you didnt get is - i dont care whether i download music [buy/get free] or buy CD, its music what matters, not "real" vs "digital dload", and im not talking here in general, im being more specific about wav/losless and not 320kbps, which infact i can get for free so dont feel bothered about buying mp3, cause it indeed lacks some punch in it.

edit: forgot to add, its also attitude, im not pro so i cant say if theres a huge difference between 320 and wav, havent tried, as much as i remember. but i do know that theres a difference, and when i listen to mp3@320 and later on to the same track @wav then ofcourse i can notice differences, but other times i dont care that much, sure, im all for wav/losless, but aint gonna happen in one day tho :unsure:

If Beatport changed its prices then sooner or later all the major shops will do the same,just a question of time i guess.

And trust me these guys up there are not stupid at all for changing their prices higher.

They are aware that most people download albums first for free into mp3 format and then buy just the tunes that they like from sites like Beatport so for someone who likes lets say 2 tracks from an album its still cheaper to get them from Beatport than buying the whole cd in original.

YES they will loose a percentage of their customers BUT they will still make more profit under their new prices,all has been calculated and examined before going into effect my dear ones :)

If Beatport changed its prices then sooner or later all the major shops will do the same,just a question of time i guess.

And trust me these guys up there are not stupid at all for changing their prices higher.

They are aware that most people download albums first for free into mp3 format and then buy just the tunes that they like from sites like Beatport so for someone who likes lets say 2 tracks from an album its still cheaper to get them from Beatport than buying the whole cd in original.

YES they will loose a percentage of their customers BUT they will still make more profit under their new prices,all has been calculated and examined before going into effect my dear ones :)

584618[/snapback]

interesting, but i find the whole album better, even if there are some "filler" tracks, you never know how well they might age or grow on you or whats the story about ;)! thats why im all for 100% album, all tracks that is :).

on compilations its little bit different, allthough i give lots of tries to them, there still are my favourites and the ones that i do not favour :).

584618[/snapback]

I know for a fact that human beings are stupid but i disagree that they are THAT stupid. Sorry.

Dear Pavel its not a matter of stupidity we are dealing with here.

The Beatport guys saw that people rarely buy whole albums from their website but just single tracks so thats why they raised their prices.Like i said still its cheaper to buy some wavs from Beatport for free than buying the whole album just for 2-3 tunes.

Although many people including you find these new prices stupid for some others (and they are many trust me) although the prices are indeed expensive they still suit them better than buying the original thing.

So Beatport will loose some customers but will cover up by those higher prices and even make a bigger profit now.

Welcome to new millenium management :)

P.S The whole world as we know it today is developed and constructed by smarter people who are taking advantage of the human stupidity of the masses out there so dont be suprised about anything.

I know for a fact that human beings are stupid but i disagree that they are THAT stupid. Sorry.

584636[/snapback]

Agreed.

The Beatport guys saw that people rarely buy whole albums from their website but just single tracks so thats why they raised their prices. Like i said still its cheaper to buy some wavs from Beatport for free than buying the whole album just for 2-3 tunes.

Although many people including you find these new prices stupid for some others (and they are many trust me) although the prices are indeed expensive they still suit them better than buying the original thing.

So Beatport will loose some customers but will cover up by those higher prices and even make a bigger profit now.

Welcome to new millenium management :)

P.S The whole world as we know it today is developed and constructed by smarter people who are taking advantage of the human stupidity of the masses out there so dont be suprised about anything.

584644[/snapback]

I see what your saying DETOX really I do. I'll just say this. This change is only affecting the UK. I know what effect it will have on the UK market for Beatport. It WILL KILL IT. Stupid is probably the first word that springs to mind. Trust me, I'm a doctor. ;)

Anyway. I don't buy any psy trance at all from Beatport. Why would I? Don't know anyone else that does either. Beatport has been and will always be shit for psy trance. I download electro / minimal stuff from there mainly.

I buy cd's of prog trance / prog psy from chaos and psy shop. Its much cheaper AND I get the fruits of your hard work when I part with my money. Nice words / Artwork / Information. I also get the feeling that I am contributing to the scene, the label and the artist. I love the psy scene. I feel good when I buy psy / prog cd's because I know first hand the hard work that goes in, its done for love over money. Most of all I feel respected because the prices of CD's are fair, even when I shop in the UK. Its just a shame that most of it is boring me shitless these days. :lol:

As for legal downloads, I realise that the prices may take an upward trend. But am I going to shop with Beatport who doubled their prices overnight without any prior warning? When I clicked "buy" I had no idea it was going to cost me twice as much and its taken two days of me bitching hard to find out why. I'll vote with my feet on this one. I don't give money to people who don't deserve it. They smack of corporate bitches to me. Thats not what our scene is about is it?

*Deep Breath* Anyway, I now use Beatport as my very own wishlist / preview station / site / thingy. I figure by paying them so much money over the years I have contributed to the shiny new site. And guess what, I've managed to find a WAV of every single fucking track in my crate elsewhere, on the NET, since yesterday, for cheaper, with one exception (and that was still available elsewhere, just for the same price).

They ARE going down baby.

I'm looking forward to psyforum.co.uk coming back online so I can share the good news with the community they're ripping off. The UK, specifically. I'll post some links to the 'calm dicussions' once I've stirred up the pot.

Come on. There will be no monopoly over the music we all love.

Guest Elysium

Finally we get some of the money back :P

I will ask tribal vision about this. I doubt the ever agreed to higher prices and I wonder how Beatprot can do this without acceptance from the labels.