BEATPORT PRICE INCREASE. Nooooooo ! :(

jamez_23

What !!!!!!!!! :o

Beatport v 3.0 has loaded. But the prices have changed and are fucking stupid.

I have to pay £1.49 or £1.99 a track now + £1 wav charge.

YES thats right !!! STERLING. Over £5 for 2 Wavs. Used to be $1.49 or $1.99 + $1 for wav charge. The prices for me have nearly fucking doubled ! :(

Twats. They have priced themselves out of the market. It now officially cheaper to buy cd releases than buy music digitally via Beatport.

----------

Obviously, I am based in the UK - the site knows this when I connect and shows the prices in UK Pounds £. I am very interested to hear if the prices have gone up for you guys in mainland europe. Please log in and let me know!

And if there's any one here from the US can you log in to see if your prices have gone up too. I would very much appreciate it. :)

10 tracks now cost me over £20. If this is intentional I hope Beatport rot in hell !!!

I have sent them an e-mail. I'm not happy. I bought two tracks earlier without realising how much I was paying for them. They made no effort to advertise a rise in prices. I hope its all a big mistake.

Any other good download sites for prog / minimal / electro that do .wav's?

Sorry to rant. Please let me know of your experiences.

James 23 :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time the Electronic music web shops straight their line with iTunes prices. Their prices are ridiculous. No sane man will buy tracks for such price and i don't give a shit about their economic models problems. Paying 20 pounds for 10 tracks is ridiculous. It's 3 times the price i pay on Psyshop and Saiko and even less for the local releases in Israel.

Edit: 2$ per track from my side, which is still twice as expensive as it should be IMHO.

I think it's time the Electronic music web shops straight their line with iTunes prices. Their prices are ridiculous. No sane man will buy tracks for such price and i don't give a shit about their economic models problems. Paying 20 pounds for 10 tracks is ridiculous. It's 3 times the price i pay on Psyshop and Saiko and even less for the local releases in Israel.

Edit: 2$ per track from my side, which is still twice as expensive as it should be IMHO.

583738[/snapback]

Exactly.

Here's the e-mail I sent the buggers earlier. I am eagerly awaiting their response.

"Hi Guys,

Am I right in thinking that your prices have just gone through the ceiling?

I am used to paying either $1.49 / $1.99 / $2.49 for tracks, which I felt

was fair.

Now I have noticed that the tracks purchased below are costing me £1.49.

Using todays exchange rate this works out at $2.83998 ???????? Why am I

paying more ???? Did you make your intention to charge more public? I don't

recall reading anything.

Old tracks used to cost me $1.49 ( £0.781899 ) now they cost me £1.29

($2.45757)

AND a charge of £1 instead of $1 for wav handling. So If I buy 5 tracks the

cost to me is going to be over £5 more. I am absolutely disgusted.

I am a very unhappy customer at this point in time. Do you value my

custom????? IMHO you have just priced yourself out of the market.

ONE VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER. I expect a reply explaining what is going on. It

is now cheaper for me to buy vinyl and cd's again - good move on your part

(not).

AND I want a refund for the tracks I purchased this morning before I

realised I was being ripped off. This will end up being a very bad move on

your part. There are plenty of other download stores popping up / labels

supplying the music directly. We DJ's are used to hunting good music down,

after all.

James"

583738[/snapback]

Is it the new tracks that show as $1.99 ? That is the price I am used to paying. The slightly older ones were $1.49.

Is the .wav handling charge still $1 ?

£1 for that option is the last straw. That is $1.90849 for fucks sake !

I have been looking at trackitdown.net and the new djmag.com download sites. The latter looks very nice (although down for maintenance at the moment.)

I can't believe they are prepared to loose all of their UK customers. Oh well.

Yeah. But they tend to be illegal. No money goes to the artists. :(

583761[/snapback]

Buy a legit CD in Russia it is cheaper. A legit download site can also be cheaper. So goes the schpiel! I doubt much of what beatport makes goes to artists.

Guest Elysium

Did anyone actually think about that it's a beta 3 version and that there might be 2 possible explanations to the price problem?

1. The £. has mistaken replaced the $. Seem quite possible since the price without the currency signs are the same.

2. The price has just not yet been changed into Pounds. (which is no good though)

Did anyone actually think about that it's a beta 3 version and that there might be 2 possible explanations to the price problem?

1. The £. has mistaken replaced the $.  Seem quite possible since the price without the currency signs are the same.

2. The price has just not yet been changed into Pounds. (which is no good though)

583769[/snapback]

It had occured to me. I really hope you are right. :)

Guest Elysium

It had occured to me. I really hope you are right. :)

583770[/snapback]

When our Holm & Andersen tracks got added to beatport we had a similar problem with prices that did not match etc. Its was quite fast fixed though... Not an excuse though since some costumer might have bought it too expensive.

1. The £. has mistaken replaced the $.  Seem quite possible since the price without the currency signs are the same.

583769[/snapback]

The first I knew about it was receiving a receipt into my hotmail account.

£4.98 for two tracks. I can only assume that I have been billed in £ if that is what the receipt states. If it is a mistake they had better fix it quick !!!

:)

I'll report back once they have replied to my e-mails.

Guest Elysium

That all sounds very expensive.

Try the russian sites. They tend to be a lot cheaper.

583756[/snapback]

Those russians those russians. Only good at producing Caviar, Vodka and mafiosos :)

Guest Elysium

The first I knew about it was receiving a receipt into my hotmail account.

£4.98 for two tracks. I can only assume that I have been billed in £ if that is what the receipt states. If it is a mistake they had better fix it quick !!!

:)

583773[/snapback]

I do tend to think it's a mistake since we as artists never heard about any price changes. Actually the labels (and artists via the labels) have to give permission to price changes at beatport so I highly doubt any prices has been changed. I seriously think it's a mistake due to the launch of beta version 3 and that you'll get a fast answer from them.

I do tend to think it's a mistake since we as artists never heard about any price changes. Actually the labels (and artists via the labels) have to give permission to price changes at beatport so I highly doubt any prices has been changed. I seriously think it's a mistake due to the launch of beta version 3 and that you'll get a fast answer from them.

583779[/snapback]

That is encouraging to hear. I love Beatport and don't want to fall out with her.

:lol:

What !!!!!!!!!    :o

Beatport v 3.0 has loaded. But the prices have changed and are fucking stupid.

I have to pay £1.49 or £1.99 a track now + £1 wav charge.

583730[/snapback]

wait, wait... so it's 1.99 + 1 = 3 pounds for a wav track ! :o

:lol:

what rip off... they are charging the costumers directly for the new web-job they just got. It's really nice interface though, fawk... full AJAX integration.... nicee B)

I've been digging about.

It would seem that Beatport really is upping the prices for the UK. :(

Please, someone tell me I am wrong.

Check this. http://forum.djmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=5119

EDIT - see the post from diggabyte

This thread seems to suggest that the 'new' djmag.com site has partnered with Beatport.

Now read this. http://forum.djmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=5176

Now I'm really concerned. The posters on this thread suggest that people are mad for buying tunes at djmag.com (same pricing £1.49 + £1 wav charge) when they can get the same from beatport for same amount in $. My sentiments exactly.

So, the two sites merge / go into Partnership. Beatport goes down for maintenance. When it comes back on line it is charging the Brits nearly double, presumably adopting the pricing structure of djmag.com????? All of this without any information made available to customers. Is there anyone out there that can tell us what is going on? Please tell me I have it all wrong.

I have tried to play fair. Might as fucking well just use soulseek like everyone else.

:angry: Still no reply from Beatport :angry:

The fucking cheek of it. Read on all you Beatport lovers.

"We appreciate your continued support and value each and every one of you who have been with us during the growth of our industry. We wanted to take the time to inform you about the price changes here at Beatport. Due entirely to your continued support, Beatport has become the global leader in digital dance music. However, as a global site – our company is forced to keep tabs on international changes in currency exchange rates and the influence of our international partners. In response to this trend, we must make every effort to strike a balance between the needs of our label partners and that of our customers. If Beatport is to continue providing our customers with the best new tracks from all over the world, we must take a global position in regards to pricing structure. In order to provide a better range of content and premium formats, Beatport prices have been adjusted to reflect market pricing in two of our major territories, UK and Europe.

UK is now priced in Pound Sterling:

1. £1.29 for general release

2. £ 1.49 for new release

3. £1.99 for exclusive release and classics

Europe is now priced in Eurodollars:

1. €1.49 for general release

2. € 1.99 for new release

3. € 2.49 for exclusive release and classics

We are committed to making our site the best digital dance music buying experience on the planet. In closing, we sincerely hope to maintain each and every one of you as a valued customer. However, we must keep our international partner’s needs in mind as well.

Thanks,

The Beatport staff"

SEE YOU LATER BEATPORT !!! ITS CHEAPER TO BUY THE VINYL YOU TWATS !!!!

TRACKITDOWN.NET DOES .WAV DOWLOADS FOR CHEAPER. I'LL USE THEM NOW IF I CAN.

As for buying cd's (rather than vinyl releases) chaosunlimited / saikosounds / psyshop all have their backs covered for the time being at least. :)

Who in their right mind is going to pay 9 * £1.49 + 9 * £1 (wav handling) for an album?

Thats right.

£22.14

Fucking twats.

I'll be posting my reply to that fucking joke of an explanation all over t'web. :angry:

Yeah, that makes no sense. That's the price you'd pay for a new CD in HMV in Japan!! It's much cheaper buying CDs on the internet. Maybe they don't like money & don't want customers.

Btw is european money actually called eurodollars? I was sure it was just euros. Does england now use poundollars?