IDM

abasio

no they are different styles but Tri Repetae is not boring ;p

619718[/snapback]

Really? I just can't get into it. Musically I'm sure it's fine but for me it's one of the most boring things I've ever heard :(

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I just can't get into it. Musically I'm sure it's fine but for me it's one of the most boring things I've ever heard  :(

620419[/snapback]

Urgh ! Okay, what is platinum for someone is bronze for the rest. TASTES. :D:rolleyes:

Really? I just can't get into it. Musically I'm sure it's fine but for me it's one of the most boring things I've ever heard  :(

620419[/snapback]

I'm a massive AE fan but I'm inclined to agree with you, I find Tri Repeatae doesn't hold my attention at all compared to their other stuff. You should definitely get hold of something else by them if you wish to know how good they are.

I'm a massive AE fan but I'm inclined to agree with you, I find Tri Repeatae doesn't hold my attention at all compared to their other stuff. You should definitely get hold of something else by them if you wish to know how good they are.

620730[/snapback]

Like Amber.

Or Confield,Draft 7.30 and Untilted for some serious braindance.

Like Amber.

Or Confield,Draft 7.30 and Untilted for some serious braindance.

620732[/snapback]

Depends what one's after. If you like ambient check out Amber, if you want challenging psychedelic stuff get Chiastic Slide, Confield, EP7 or Peel Sessions 2. If you want fast, complicated rhythmic stuff, get Cichlisuite or Gantz Graf. All are excellent IMO.

620730[/snapback]

Hmmmmm! Maybe I should try another album by them.

Hmmmmm! Maybe I should try another album by them.

621016[/snapback]

Well naturally it won't be to everybody's taste... I suggest you use your favourite P2P software to look for a couple of tracks, "Cipater" and "LCC", and see what you think of them. I reckon they sit nicely on the boundary of being accessible enough for newcomers, and interesting enough to be considered vintage AE. (I'm sure plenty of people will disagree though, funny thing about Autechre is that there is really nothing approaching consensus as to what is their best work)

Well naturally it won't be to everybody's taste... I suggest you use your favourite P2P software to look for a couple of tracks, "Cipater" and "LCC", and see what you think of them. I reckon they sit nicely on the boundary of being accessible enough for newcomers, and interesting enough to be considered vintage AE. (I'm sure plenty of people will disagree though, funny thing about Autechre is that there is really nothing approaching consensus as to what is their best work)

621042[/snapback]

I still believe he should start with Amber and tracks like Basscadet (Basscadubmx),Drane,Draun Quarter (well if he also likes Laughing Quarter then things are easier),VLetrmx21 and stuff like that ...

Edit:cool,i've just remembered of some tracks i haven't heard for ages :)

VLetrmx21 :)

Btw Rotwang,since you live in the UK,i was thinking of this event looking for bus tickets and i realised that there's no info about the tickets,being sold out is impossible,isnt it?

621080[/snapback]

Not sure if it will work, but you could try this link.

In my (admittedly brief) websearch I found a few other places that seemed to be selling tickets for the same venue on the same night, but the tickets were cheaper and didn't mention Autechre, so maybe you need a different ticket to get to where Autechre will be playing.

Hope that helps

Not sure if it will work, but you could try this link.

In my (admittedly brief) websearch I found a few other places that seemed to be selling tickets for the same venue on the same night, but the tickets were cheaper and didn't mention Autechre, so maybe you need a different ticket to get to where Autechre will be playing.

Hope that helps

621094[/snapback]

Nice,thanks.

Depends what one's after. If you like ambient check out Amber, if you want challenging psychedelic stuff get Chiastic Slide, Confield, EP7 or Peel Sessions 2. If you want fast, complicated rhythmic stuff, get Cichlisuite or Gantz Graf. All are excellent IMO.

620735[/snapback]

And what about Incunabula?

• 2 months later...

A few 2006 releases(most but not all have been mentioned in this thread before) :

Antigen Shift - The Way Of The North

Posted Image

Flint Glass - Nyarlathotep

Posted Image

Dark ambient/Industrial perfectly blended with IDM.

Bong-Ra - Stereohype Heroin Hooker

Posted Image

Changes many styles throughout the album, sometimes more DnB like, other times more breakcore/idm others more dowtempo..

(also check Enduser - Pushing Back

Kattoo - Hang On To A Dream

Posted Image

Great release, probably best from Kattoo.

Electrypnose - Subliminal Melancholies

It's ambient/downtempo using lost of psytrance Electrypnose sounds , but a few tracks have noticeable IDM rythms/breaks as well..

Ulrich Schnauss - A Strangely Isolated Place ("Gone Forever", probly the most beautiful piece of music i have ever heard)

Venetian Snares - Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms

Also give WISP a try, he makes some really amazing original and melodic IDM

http://www.myspace.com/wisp

or a whole free album from WISP here

http://www.archive.org/details/EAR008

My current favorite is The Flashbulb, be shure to check that out, it's very well constructed and diverse.

I also really like The Flashbulb. I had a chance to catch him live about 2 years ago, he put on a wicked live show using a laptop and a midi guitar.

really almost everything from Sublight Records is worth checking out. To me they are the only experimental electronic label that matters, like the 21st century version of Warp.

a link which fits the topic... hmmm, yeah self promotion for sure but... might find some ears to enjoy it.

cheerz

electrypnose - murmures des ombres

wow, this track is great... but the mastering ain't good enough yet imo (not enough volume on the beats imo, at least not with my headphones, might be different with a sub... hmm)

you should continue creating fucked up shit like this though :D

• 2 weeks later...