IDM

abasio

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it good unknown or crap unknown?

599231[/snapback]

It's somewhere-in-between unknown, in my opinion. The Caipirinha releases were all like that to me. I think a better place to look - again, this is my opinion - is at the Skam label for similar stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently discovered En:peg Digital, sublabel of n5MD. They release albums digitally, for the unbelievable price of 2$ per album!! IDM/Glitch/Ambient releases mostly but you can also find downtempo/dub releases.

Personal favorites:

Zainetica - Weightless City (Emotional Downtempo/IDM)

Fell - Between Octavia and Laguna (Dubby Downtempo/Breaks with a hint of Jazz here and there)

Headphone Science - The Seduction of Sabrina's Modulation (Melodic IDM/Glitch, in the style of Toytronic releases)

Here's a small list with some great net-labels who release(d), quality and free IDM/Glitch/ambient/indie stuff:

- Monotonik

* http://www.mono211.com/content/news.html

- Milk (very old page though, lots of modules (XM/IT) and some mp3's, definantly still worth to check out!)

* http://milk.scene.org/index4.html

- Sutemos

* http://www.sutemos.net/

i'll update it later.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the recommendations guys. Today I bought

Ulrich Schnauss - Far Away Trains Passing By (2CD)

Posted Image

Just listened to the 1st CD which was very nice

Kettel - My Dogan

Posted Image

Which I am listening to now & has started off very cool indeed.

&

Autechre - Tri Repetae++

Posted Image

584097[/snapback]

of these that I bought Ulrich Schnauss & Kettel were really good but I found Autechre - Tri Repetae to be one of the most boring albums I have ever had the misfortune to listen to. Are all Autechre albums in this style?

I think that it is simply the best IDM-netlabel. Check it out!

of these that I bought Ulrich Schnauss & Kettel were really good but I found Autechre - Tri Repetae to be one of the most boring albums I have ever had the misfortune to listen to. Are all Autechre albums in this style?

619583[/snapback]

no they are different styles but Tri Repetae is not boring ;p

Intelligent Dance Music. Synonyms: Aphex Twin, early Warp Records releases.

583490[/snapback]

It's ironic that Aphex Twin is held by many as a prime example of IDM and he himself dislikes the genre's name. He said in an interview that it's derogatory towards other genres, like "so this is intelligent music and the rest isn't?"

It's ironic that Aphex Twin is held by many as a prime example of IDM and he himself dislikes the genre's name. He said in an interview that it's derogatory towards other genres, like "so this is intelligent music and the rest isn't?"

620251[/snapback]

It's Intelligent Drugs Music