How many people

Lu Bu

I know its been mentioned before, but since i have done it successfully 16 times i am going to post some experiences and tips.

Astral Projection = the best. They are easily the gateway to insanity.

First i start off by getting a small history of their musical background, what they like, if they played anything. Then i mention Goa briefly.. a small history, which I found most people find interesting enough to look it up on their own. From there if the victim, I mean friend inquires more you can hook them up with a cd, maybe some tracks they like (disturbed, whatever) with some astral thrown in. Older astral works best.. so you have room to build. Then without high pressure sales i find out if they liked the astral tracks thrown in, if they did what elements they did like, what they didnt like, then compile another cd hitting closer to home. It doesnt hurt that my friend works for a government institution that makes parts for military aircrafts, so he gets lots of cool free samples like fiber optic pens and cool mini lights, that also adds to the fun of getting a new disc. By that time if things went smoothly they can actually indentify what they like, you can add some names like posford, x-dream, cosmosis, old infected. Then they are off on their own. I promised myself i wouldnt cry.. heh

My girlfriend is completely addicted at this point, she loves Astral, and Shpongle. Her best friend tiffany, she likes the same.

Best friend he likes MWNN and Eat Static, also Astral. Another friend likes boris blenn alot, some Pleaidians, Astral as well. Another friend started with Astral, but now he found his way to Posford. Another friend heard Mahadeva as his first track and that was that. My latest victim, I mean friend is 100% Astral now. I think he packed his bags, left his old music, ran away to Goa-land and is never coming back. :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None!

I think i got some people's attention by giving them some proggie CDs and some chill-out CDs, but really converting... none.

A friend asked me to make him a couple of CDs for his bussiness (sun-tanning saloon), but I think that commercial music is more appropriate there. We'll see though :)

I did see people getting converted though, by attending psy-parties. Maybe the parties convert people easier. I saw people that weren't into goa/psy music, but they were enjoying psy parties nice.

I know its been mentioned before, but since i have done it successfully 16 times i am going to post some experiences and tips.

Astral Projection = the best. They are easily the gateway to insanity.

First i start off by getting a small history of their musical background, what they like, if they played anything. Then i mention Goa briefly.. a small history, which I found most people find interesting enough to look it up on their own. From there if the victim, I mean friend inquires more you can hook them up with a cd, maybe some tracks they like (disturbed, whatever) with some astral thrown in. Older astral works best.. so you have room to build. Then without high pressure sales i find out if they liked the astral tracks thrown in, if they did what elements they did like, what they didnt like, then compile another cd hitting closer to home. It doesnt hurt that my friend works for a government institution that makes parts for military aircrafts, so he gets lots of cool free samples like fiber optic pens and cool mini lights, that also adds to the fun of getting a new disc. By that time if things went smoothly they can actually indentify what they like, you can add some names like posford, x-dream, cosmosis, old infected. Then they are off on their own. I promised myself i wouldnt cry.. heh

My girlfriend is completely addicted at this point, she loves Astral, and Shpongle. Her best friend tiffany, she likes the same.

Best friend he likes MWNN and Eat Static, also Astral. Another friend likes boris blenn alot, some Pleaidians, Astral as well. Another friend started with Astral, but now he found his way to Posford. Another friend heard Mahadeva as his first track and that was that. My latest victim, I mean friend is 100% Astral now. I think he packed his bags, left his old music, ran away to Goa-land and is never coming back.  :lol:

582315[/snapback]

I suspect you've been threatening all these people with roundhouse kicks to the face if they don't start loving Astral Projection NOW, because no one I know has ever fallen for the stuff. Well, except one dude who enjoyed a little bit of newer Juno Reactor, but that's, errrrrr, different. :D

I suspect you've been threatening all these people with roundhouse kicks to the face if they don't start loving Astral Projection NOW, because no one I know has ever fallen for the stuff. Well, except one dude who enjoyed a little bit of newer Juno Reactor, but that's, errrrrr, different.  :D

582317[/snapback]

Roundhouses? Nah I would never do something like that.. just a simple jab - cross - hook - switch stance axe kick. Heh nope I dont know what it is.. I am just lucky I guess? B)

exactly 1 person, about 7-8 years ago, he was a hip hopper back then and I took him to his first goa party and gave him some tunes as well. the poor bastard is hooked on it ever since, even organising his own partys now. but apart from that I didn't have any luck since then. maybe one or two, yet they're not into it that much I guess...

zero.

I've invited my friends to my room many times, offered them free booze, and made them listen to some old school stuff. But they all called me weirdo. :huh:

I'm the onliest person in my university who listens to psy trance. Sad, I know. :(

I've never tried either though. People need to figure out what they like for themselfs.

582421[/snapback]

same here :) .

zero.

I've invited my friends to my room many times, offered them free booze, and made them listen to some old school stuff. But they all called me  weirdo.  :huh:

I'm the onliest person in my university who listens to psy trance. Sad, I know. :(

582426[/snapback]

little boys, you perv :o !

filthy!

haha.. very funny reger..  <_<

I usually play Astral projection to my friends.

I should try Shpongle this time.

582460[/snapback]

Well you gotta look at it like this.. your not just selling Goa, you selling something about yourself as well. So you need to put the same passion into it.. what mood are your friends currently in.. do they look like they could get down with something chilled, or something hard. Track selection and timing is everything. If that doesnt work santo give me phone numbers, ill take care of the rest. heh B)

Well you gotta look at it like this.. your not just selling Goa, you selling something about yourself as well. So you need to put the same passion into it.. what mood are your friends currently in.. do they look like they could get down with something chilled, or something hard. Track selection and timing is everything. If that doesnt work santo give me phone numbers, ill take care of the rest. heh  B)

582465[/snapback]

Hmm... They were saying psy trance is just random music and too fast for them. So may be I should play chill out first ?

i once tried to make love with a girl with california sunshine playing really loud on the background. she said to turn it off and i respnded by telling her to fuck off,its alala for chrissake.

no love for me that day.only alala and the hand. :huh:

i once tried to make love with a girl with california sunshine playing really loud on the background. she said to turn it off and i respnded by telling her to fuck off,its alala for chrissake.

582674[/snapback]

Your a good man, you know why? Because you did the right thing.. no amazing deed should go un-noticed, and you know what since im in such a good mood right now its your lucky day. Tell me what you want, i get it for you. B)

582674[/snapback]

:lol: that's the attitude!

Guest The Journey Man Project
:lol: none for me... got some people's attention but most people seem to like po music with crappy vocals or, as many of girl's new friends do, hip hop :ph34r::o:blink::huh::unsure: quite a few enjoy the more commercial chill out sound such Cafe Macao and stuff but they don't like the trance stuff!! so I just let them be... and when they are around they have to listen to my music or GTFO!

582674[/snapback]

I hope it is a joke :lol: i don't think I am that crazy about goa music to react like this :P and i don't think california sunshine or whatever goa or psy artist are the best way to get you in the mood :D (i don't like music during sex anyway).

As far as i am concerned, i "converted" 2 of my friends, one who was into electronic music, and one who was not. Another friend of me gave it a try, but he didn't really like and found it too repetitve, of course i tried with Mahadeva, he said that it was good, but after 4 minutes that it comes to repetitve. I guess he's right. He tried to convert me to his music too, but it didn't convince me either. Different people different taste.

Converted to goa sounds a bit extreme, it's not like the two people I showed some tracks let go all the other styles they have listened to before. But once, my mum, bought several albums because I showed her that style, and a friend is finally ready to go to a party with me and my gf.

Converted to goa sounds a bit extreme, it's not like the two people I showed some tracks let go all the other styles they have listened to before. But once, my mum, bought several albums because I showed her that style, and a friend is finally ready to go to a party with me and my gf.

582737[/snapback]

Sure, i don't like the word "convert" either, for example one girl made me discover progressive rock, now i like it but i didn't forget the other styles of music that i like, far from it !