I am sorry but...

Guest The Journey Man Project

I don't remember hearing the infamous 16th-note bassline before Headware. I might be imagining this.

582690[/snapback]

i think x-dream is more responsible for bringing the full-on basslines...

they were the first to have huge basslines as well...

listen to radio album for ex... which came out a few years before logic bomb's headware...

and yes there is some full-on that i like... for ex altom, silicon sound, older talamasca etc etc...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think x-dream is more responsible for bringing the full-on basslines...

they were the first to have huge basslines as well...

listen to radio album for ex... which came out a few years before logic bomb's headware...

and yes there is some full-on that i like... for ex altom, silicon sound, older talamasca etc etc...

582997[/snapback]

:ph34r::unsure: the only full on that sounds remorely like that is some Hujaboy stuff and his first album was techtrance, as was his releases as Boo Reka... I think noboidy is responsible... what a dumb ass word to use.. it makes it sound like they did somethings wrong... just because you don't enjoy something does not make it something bad ;)

I don't remember hearing the infamous 16th-note bassline before Headware. I might be imagining this.

582690[/snapback]

Indeed you are, either that or your kung fu is not as strong as mine.

-Krell

Guest Elysium

I think noboidy is responsible... what a dumb ass word to use.. it makes it sound like they did somethings wrong... just because you don't enjoy something does not make it something bad  ;)

583301[/snapback]

I beg to differ in opinion.

The Nizthotz "star" Eyal Bargan is the one who's responsible. He started the trend of awful crappy music coming out of Israel that later ended up being called israeli Full On. Soon after Greece was infected and flooded by cheesy israeli Nitzhot wannabe DJ's pushing a beautiful psychedelic Greek scene out in the darkness. Soon after the parties was flooded with kids with glowsticks having collective hysteria attacks ovet the music.

The rest of the world was slowly infected.

So I have no problem in saying that the BLAME is on Eyal Bargan and BNE who supported him + all the zombies who bought into this horrible sad person who never did any of his own music but had soundengineers in big commercial Tel Aviv studio's making it for him. He even went so far that he stole other people's music and copied it into horrible fast cheesy kiddo tracks.

He is the father of all the copy & paste music we witness today.

It's all based on facts, personal experience and the history of the psytrance scene (wonder why its still called psy).

I even met the guy once he booked me at a party in Beer Sheva. He told me about the music "he was doing" with some sound engineers in these big commercial studios in Tel Aviv. Not so long after his first CD was released:

"Good Morning Israel"

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/pho/pho1cd601.html

Listen and cry.

Edited by Elysium

I agree that Good Morning Israel is crappy music but imho it's more on the Nitzonot (however you write that) side and not on the full-on side? Also Eyals newer stuff is catalogued as trance (club trance or whatever you wanna call it) imno instead of psy? I'm not that sure with puting stuff down on different styles, for some stuff it's a matter of perspective but Do you honestly know anybody who is rating his tracks as psy (new ones I mean)?! :blink: I'm really shocked then...

Or maybe I just don't know all the releases, I remember a vinyl on the In Trance We Trust label from Holland (trance label btw) about one or two years ago that was a sampler from his latest album. It was regular trance. There are some small psychedelic influences on the Mr. Club-Trance album but the name speaks for itself.

Guest Elysium

I agree that Good Morning Israel is crappy music but imho it's more on the Nitzonot (however you write that) side and not on the full-on side?

My whole point was that his Nitz NOT hot music was the beginning of Full On. I see the cheesy israeli Full On wave as a directly follower from Nitzhot (cant even remember how it's spelled).

Also Eyals newer stuff is catalogued as trance (club trance or whatever you wanna call it) imno instead of psy? I'm not that sure with puting stuff down on different styles, for some stuff it's a matter of perspective but Do you honestly know anybody who is rating his tracks as psy (new ones I mean)?!  :blink: I'm really shocked then...

I never said his music before or now is psy. On the contrary. Just as I dont find any of the israeli fluffy cheesy Full on close to anything psychedelic.

Its' cheesy glowstic MTV POP rave music. Just as his music was back then.

Guest Rezwalker

I beg to differ in opinion.

Soon after Greece was infected and flooded by cheesy israeli Nitzhot wannabe DJ's pushing a beautiful psychedelic Greek scene out in the darkness. Soon after the parties was flooded with kids with glowsticks having collective hysteria attacks ovet the music.

The rest of the world was slowly infected.

So I have no problem in saying that the BLAME is on Eyal Bargan and BNE who supported him + all the zombies who bought into this horrible sad person who never did any of his own music but had soundengineers in big commercial Tel Aviv studio's making it for him. He even went so far that he stole other people's music and copied it into horrible fast cheesy kiddo tracks.

He is the father of all the copy & paste music we witness today.

583409[/snapback]

Agreed but because im from Greece i must correct something. that horrible crappy style was popular only in athens and specific to RLOAD club. for all this ridiculus situation faults the headboss of RLOAD Mike verros (aka Psychonauts). (what an abjection from such a respected project!)

the rest of the country never accept this crappy style.

Guest Elysium

Agreed but because im from Greece i must correct something. that horrible crappy style was popular only in athens and specific to RLOAD club. for all this ridiculus situation faults the headboss of RLOAD Mike verros (aka Psychonauts). (what an abjection from such a respected project!)

the rest of the country never accept this crappy style.

583520[/snapback]

Not exactly true (I played in greece a lot at the same time - 1997 to 1999 - and traveled the country for one whole year playing all over the country when the wave of Israeli fluffy music hit Greece ;)

I know Mike Verros (The mafios of Athens) was especially fond of this style of music and the endless many Israeli artists and DJ's he booked every wekeend. BUT I recall other organisers such as Johnny Sin etc. jumping on the Bandwagon and other organisers (who's names I now have forgot) all over Greece. Yes it was strongest in Athens but it also got very popular in Thessaloniki and we both know Athens and Thessaloniki are the 2 most important towns when it come to the psytrance scene.

So I dont agree with you. Indeed there was many parties all over Greece (incl. the various Islands) that jumped on the bandwagon and booked a lot of israeli DJ's at that specific time. DJ's who mostly played that times Israeli music. Music that was dominated by the Nitzhot wave.

From almost one month to another (so it seemed like) the majority of foreign DJ's in Greece came from Israel. Before that the parties always had a lot of variated DJ's according to nationality (maybe a bit dominated by UK). You very well know that it changed almost over night and for quite a long period of time the Greek scene was dominated with israeli DJ's and artists. Actually Greece still is ;)

The Greek organisers that did not follow the trend at that time was people like Nicos "Liquid Love" and DJ Lory from Thessaloniki.

Guest Rezwalker

Not exactly true (I played in greece a lot at the same time - 1997 to 1999 - and traveled the country for one whole year playing all over the country when the wave of Israeli fluffy music hit Greece  ;)

I know Mike Verros (The mafios of Athens) was especially fond of this style of music and the endless many Israeli artists and DJ's he booked every wekeend. BUT I recall other organisers such as Johnny Sin etc. jumping on the Bandwagon and other organisers (who's names I now have forgot) all over Greece.  Yes it was strongest in Athens but it also got very popular in Thessaloniki and we both know Athens and Thessaloniki are the 2 most important towns when it come to the psytrance scene.

So I dont agree with you. Indeed there was many parties all over Greece (incl. the various Islands) that jumped on the bandwagon and booked a lot of israeli DJ's at that specific time. DJ's who mostly played that times Israeli music. Music that was dominated by the Nitzhot wave.

From almost one month to another (so it seemed like) the majority of foreign DJ's in Greece came from Israel. Before that the parties always had a lot of variated DJ's according to nationality (maybe a bit dominated by UK).  You very well know that it changed almost over night and for quite a long period of time the Greek scene was dominated with israeli DJ's and artists. Actually Greece still is ;)

The Greek organisers that did not follow the trend at that time was people like Nicos "Liquid Love" and DJ Lory from Thessaloniki.

583525[/snapback]

well u can't agree with me..but u know i live in Thessaloniki and i know very well what's going on in my city...the nitcz style was never popular in thessaloniki...not EVEN 1 party with nitcz guest..

i have hundreds of flyers of that period..

so the same time that verros and mike D (cyan) mades uplifting parties, in athens (the period that u are talking about) the guest artists was: X-dream-gms-james monro, psychaos, mike mc guire etc etc) in the specific period that u are talking about almost everybody here listening black/white rhino.

thessaloniki compared with athens it was always underground. i can't agree u with even 1%. and im surprised cause as i remember u play also here in club ACID. that club lefts big history in greece with parties every friday-sarurday and most of guests was from europe-australia.

and a fact for u: some years back when RLOAD was very popular in athens, mike verros arrived in thessaloniki and asks some organisers if its possible to make nitcz parties here...the answer was: don't even try...no one here likes this crappy style..

i know this discussion from the boss of the most popular trance-record shop in thessaloniki..

sorry Kriss but u are wrong 100% at this issue

Guest Elysium

well u can't agree with me..but u know i live in Thessaloniki and i know very well what's going on in my city...the nitcz style was never popular in thessaloniki...not EVEN 1 party with nitcz guest..

i have hundreds of flyers of that period..

so the same time that verros and mike D (cyan) mades uplifting parties, in athens (the period that u are talking about) the guest artists was: X-dream-gms-james monro, psychaos, mike mc guire etc etc) in the specific period that u are talking about almost everybody here listening black/white rhino.

thessaloniki compared with athens it was always underground. i can't agree u with even 1%. and im surprised cause as i remember u play also here in club ACID. that club lefts big history in greece with parties every friday-sarurday and most of guests was from europe-australia.

and a fact for u: some years back when RLOAD was very popular in athens, mike arrived in thessaloniki and asks some organisers if its possible to make nitcz parties here...the answer was: don't even try...no one here likes this crappy style..

i know this discussion from the boss of the most popular trance-record shop in thessaloniki..

sorry Kriss but u are wrong 100% at this issue

583536[/snapback]

Then we just do not agree... And about Acid Club. I am speaking about the time after Sakis got thrown to jail because some idiots planted drugs in the club.

After Acid club closed there was as I recall quite a few parties in the Thessaloniki / Halkadiki area where the fluffy israeli music was played.

So you dont agree with me.. That's fine.. I just remember the "story" a bit different than you do then ;)

:ph34r:  :unsure: the only full on that sounds remorely like that is some Hujaboy stuff and his first album was techtrance, as was his releases as Boo Reka... I think noboidy is responsible... what a dumb ass word to use.. it makes it sound like they did somethings wrong... just because you don't enjoy something does not make it something bad  ;)

583301[/snapback]

once again u need to take a deep breath before u post dude...

there is no need to be aggressive like that...

maybe i used the wrong word (responsible) but for ur info i love that xdream album and there is a lot of full on i like, i was merely answering the point that was made about logic bomb being the ones who made the full on bassline popular...

so mate go smoke some or whatever makes u feel better and come back when u r refreshed...

Guest Rezwalker

After Acid club closed there was as I recall quite a few parties in the Thessaloniki / Halkadiki area where the fluffy israeli music was played. 

583544[/snapback]

u are talking about israeli music...

ok. israeli music is california sunshine, MFG, sandman, (huge respected artists) can u find anything bad to these projects??

and israeli "music" is eyal barkan, zootrax, goldenfinger,

u can't pass this ;) its fair to be more specific..

i respect you a lot as artist and u are one of my favorites all time but plz dont tell me whats going on in my city :D

PLUR :)

once again u need to take a deep breath before u post dude...

there is no need to be aggressive like that...

maybe i used the wrong word (responsible) but for ur info i love that xdream album and there is a lot of full on i like, i was merely answering the point that was made about logic bomb being the ones who made the full on bassline popular...

so mate go smoke some or whatever makes u feel better and come back when u r refreshed...

583545[/snapback]

:o it was note meant to be aggro at alll.... sorry you found it that way...

Guest Elysium

u are talking about israeli music...

ok. israeli music is california sunshine, MFG, sandman, (huge respected artists)

and israeli "music" is eyal barkan, zootrax, goldenfinger,

u can't pass this ;) its fair to be more specific..

i respect you a lot as artist and u are one of my favorites all time but plz dont tell me whats going on in my city :D

PLUR :)

583552[/snapback]

I am talking about what happend in Greece after Eyal Bargan and friends dominated the music scene in israel for a while. Sandman, MFG etc. etc. was there way before Eyal and I am not refering to them at all. But Eyal Bargan and the many artists and DJ's that followed in his footsteps changed a lot in Greece IMO + other of my Greek friends's opinion that used to party at that time.

As I said we do not agree and have 2 different views on what went on.. I respect your opinion.. Please respect mine too and acknowledge that I also know a bit about Greece (incl. Thessaloniki / Halkadiki) in that period since I basically lived in the Country (off/on) through that period of time and most of my friends was Greek. Even my flatmates in London was Greek and some of the people who made the Greek scene international.

I got no idea about how Greece is today though.

Edited by Elysium

Guest Rezwalker

I am talking about what happend in Greece after Eyal Bargan and friends dominated the music scene in israel for a while.  Sandman, MFG etc. etc. was there way before Eyal and I am not refering to them at all.  But Eyal Bargan and the many artists and DJ's that followed in his footsteps changed a lot in Greece IMO + other of my Greek friends's opinion that used to party at that time.

As I said we do not agree and have 2 different views on what went on.. I respect your opinion.. Please respect mine too and acknowledge that I also know a bit about Greece (incl. Thessaloniki / Halkadiki) in that period since I basically lived in the Country (off/on) through that period of time and most of my friends was Greek. Even my flatmates in London was Greek and some of the people who made the Greek scene international.

I got no idea about how Greece is today though.

583562[/snapback]

of course i respect your opinion :)

but i will tell u something for last time: if u discover even 1 nitcz party in thessaloniki i will apologise to u public :)

now the situation in thessaloniki is terrible...

the most strong organisers team here is "Eternal motion" ( imo they must called eternal money)

they make parties with guests 100% full on..

3 times per year astrix...3 times per year gms..3 times per year skazi..etc..

the scene is totally sux cause of them. they made parties just for money..they dont give a shit about music quality..Sakis from ACID it was our man..but some bastards decide's to fucked up all with the drugs.

i really miss the ACID dayz :rolleyes:

Guest Elysium

of course i respect your opinion :)

but i tell u something for last time: if u discover even 1 nictcz party in thessaloniki i will apologise to u public :)

hmmm actually there was one party where I played at in the morning in the Mountains (close to the big radar) outside Thessaloniki where one Israeli DJ played Nitzhot. I cant recall who the organiser was ir who the DJ was but I recall it was sometime in the fall of 1998. I'll see if I can find the flyer sometime soon.

I also played in a party in Santorini where a Greek local DJ from Thessaloniki played mostly Nitzhot (damn can someone tell me how it's spelled haha). Again i cant remember the name of the DJ. It's been a long time and I am old and senile now :)

now the situation in thessaloniki is terrible...

the most strong organisers team here is "Eternal motion" ( imo they must called eternal money)

they make parties with guests 100% full on..

3 times per year astrix...3 times per year gms..3 times per year skazi..etc..

the scene is totally sux cause of them. they made parties just for money..they dont give a shit about music quality..Sakis from ACID it was our man..but some bastards decide's to fucked up all with the drugs.

i really miss the ACID dayz  :rolleyes:

Hehe so i was right in my "assumption" that Greece today actually is dominated with Full ON and israeli artists and DJ's?

yes i miss the ACID days too.. It was great fun and greec was one of the top countries when it came to beautiful outdoor parties and good msuic and great people.

One complaint... Who ever thought of the idea that the DJ had to stand with his ass to the dancefloor in ACID club? :angry::)

hmmm maybe abit too offtopic now :)

Guest Rezwalker

hmmm actually there was one party where I played at in the morning in the Mountains (close to the big radar) outside Thessaloniki where one Israeli DJ played Nitzhot. I cant recall who the organiser was ir who the DJ was but I recall it was sometime in the fall of 1998.  I'll see if I can find the flyer sometime soon.

I also played in a party in Santorini where a Greek local DJ from Thessaloniki played mostly Nitzhot (damn can someone tell me how it's spelled haha). Again i cant remember the name of the DJ.  It's been a long time and I am old and senile now :)

Hehe so i was right in my "assumption" that Greece today actually is dominated with Full ON and israeli artists and DJ's?

yes i miss the ACID days too.. It was great fun and greec was one of the top countries when it came to beautiful outdoor parties and good msuic and great people.

One complaint... Who ever thought of the idea that the DJ had to stand with his ass to the dancefloor in ACID club?  :angry:  :)

hmmm maybe abit too offtopic now :)

583584[/snapback]

that parties not counts! please left outside prive mountain parties and islands :P

as for the situation here there is since 2001 ( i mean with full on guests) but full on guests not means nitchz guests :)

as for your complaint LOL... i really dunno but for us (for the ppl) it was great idea..

the dj's it was so close to us :D

btw do u know a greek DJ Greg staikos? u can ask him abou the situation in the period 1997-99...he always said..i have a dream to play sometime in thessaloniki cause the same time that in athens everybody is listening crappy nitctz, in thessaloniki everybody likes black/white rhino :) and of course some respected israeli projects like MFG california sunshine..why not? :)

It's easy, stop it or the thread will get closed. Which would be a fucking shame since the greek discussion really is interesting.

I'll delete the off-topic posts and please FP, stop it. It's ok you wanna defend israely artists but it rather seems that this is another chapter your personal fight from the other thread. Again, stop it!

It's easy, stop it or the thread will get closed. Which would be a fucking shame since the greek discussion really is interesting.

I'll delete the off-topic posts and please FP, stop it. It's ok you wanna defend israely artists but it rather seems that this is another chapter your personal fight from the other thread. Again, stop it!

583646[/snapback]

;)