Jikkenteki - Long Walk Home

Mantrix - Universal

VA - God Save The Machine (Tip World)

for chill

Perpetual Loop - Universal Flow

Chilled C'Quence - Magic Sense

VA - Peace Therapy 2

Guest Astro Cortex

You've been missing incredibly much Moni, like everyone does, all the time. Meaning you have to catch up all the way back to the 80s :P

I got a lot to recommmend that would qualify as "chill-out", but I have no idea where to start. Not much from 2006 though. Anyway, you might indeed like this here: http://2350.org/pw49/

:)

AHA! This peaked my curiousity the other day...but I have not given the samples a listen yet....is this chillout or progressive or a bit of both? (I'm doing major catch-up myself on the progressive releases of the past two years right now....  ;)  )

581981[/snapback]

The Long Walk Home isn't progressive in any overt way, although I think a bit of progressive style song structure creeps into a few tracks on the trance disc. As was mentioned earlier generally speaking you could say disc 1 is downtempo, freestyle stuff and disc 2 is psytrance with a strong melodic bend (and a bunch of weird time signatures as well).

Yeah, I was thinking that. I'm pretty sure it's a clip from Trigger Happy TV. I loved that show.

584980[/snapback]

yeah, its awesome! u ve seen that scene where this mafia guy comes into a pizzeria, draws a gun and shoots some godfatherlike looking guy and leaves the restaurant again as if nothing happened? hillarious :lol:

offtopic i know. :P

i cant recommend anything, didnt buy anything this year yet. probably i should change that :P

If you like extremely gritty dark psy, you should check out the Devil's Mind compilation "Durdom". Limited edition, but they still seem to be selling it from Wirikuta's website.

If you dont have them allready you have missed out on:

VA/ - One Hundred Full Moons

Mutant Star - Demimonde

VA/ - Sanatonic Audio

VA/ - Hibernation

VA/ - Rewired

Triac - Mean Between

Nuclear Ramjet - Mission to Sedna

Igneous - Skip Insect

Perfect Stranger - Learning=Change

Vibrasphere - Archipelago (essential)

Tegma - Around The World In 80 Minutes

Floattank - Touch The Void

Refeer Deecre - Point of You

these are all good imo and deffinatly worth buing,atleast one.but the year isnt over yet,there will for sure be a couple of more good realeses,i hope.

Hi.

Due to the fact that 2006 has been a quite crazy year for me (so far), I am quite embarrased to say that I have been left behind. I suppose the scene(s) have new products that I am probably not aware of.

So I would like to buy some new music. But I have a very small idea of what to buy, so I'm asking you guys:

What's good in 2006, so far?

I'm talking about progressive trance, psytrance, chill-out. Full albums or compilations.

Thanks in advance!

581878[/snapback]

believe me moni u didnt lost anything..

another good full onish compilation i can recommend is the V/A -"Further Ambivalent Tendencies" very nice tracks from scorb deviant species and some collabs,deffinetly worth checking out if you like that kind of sound.And then there is the V/A - "Solstice Black" compilation wich is also very good but more on the techy side.

Extrawelt - Midimiliz side project. Only singles available at the moment (downloadable as MP3s in various places), but very tasty stuff, IMO, if you're into that sort of thing.  :D

581965[/snapback]

Did you hear the Dasding Plattenleger live/set? :)