What have I been missing?

moni

Hi.

Due to the fact that 2006 has been a quite crazy year for me (so far), I am quite embarrased to say that I have been left behind. I suppose the scene(s) have new products that I am probably not aware of.

So I would like to buy some new music. But I have a very small idea of what to buy, so I'm asking you guys:

What's good in 2006, so far?

I'm talking about progressive trance, psytrance, chill-out. Full albums or compilations.

Thanks in advance!

VA - Beneath the Surface

Androcell - Efflorescence

Fuzzion - Black Magic

Nuclear Ramjet - Mission to Sedna

Tegma - Around the World in 80 Minutes

heard that Dousk - DIY was really good, have yet to purchase it

some tracks from Summer Collection and Daily Basis are very good

also some tracks from Vibrasphere - Archipelago

not like i haven't already mentioned this in another thread....but...

Tetrameth- Psychological Pyrotechnics (Zenon) (yes I'm listening to this NON STOP for the past few days...)

Triac - Mean Between (Ear Peaks)

Mantrix- Universal (Sub)

Loopus in Fabula - Fat Ladies Bingo (Fabula)

This album could've been much better without the annoying samples every 10 seconds.

<_<

581901[/snapback]

Agreed. But the music is some of the best progressive I've heard in AGES...that its very easy to overlook. And besides its such a relief to me to hear some proggy stuff that's not sampling "All I really want is you....don't tell me what i gotta do....etc etc etc...." or some similarly lame female vocal line....

My favourite of the year so far is Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home

581979[/snapback]

AHA! This peaked my curiousity the other day...but I have not given the samples a listen yet....is this chillout or progressive or a bit of both? (I'm doing major catch-up myself on the progressive releases of the past two years right now.... ;) )

AHA! This peaked my curiousity the other day...but I have not given the samples a listen yet....is this chillout or progressive or a bit of both? (I'm doing major catch-up myself on the progressive releases of the past two years right now....  ;)  )

581981[/snapback]

The 1st CD is chilled the 2nd CD is psy. Both are great!

Extrawelt - Midimiliz side project. Only singles available at the moment (downloadable as MP3s in various places), but very tasty stuff, IMO, if you're into that sort of thing.  :D

581965[/snapback]

Yes, and if you like that shit Moni you should also check Trentemoller, same direction more or less.

I say Flowjob - Support Normality if you like housy progressive and the new Reefer Decree album for melodic progressive.

The rest I could recommend would be full-on... ;)

for prog: Sonic Cube - Filter

for full: S-Range - Another Theory - The Remixes

I recommend Roots Manuva.

582016[/snapback]

More stuff about knobbly knees & cheese on toast???

:unsure: sad to say but am loving the goa girl compilations on YSE

582170[/snapback]

Hey if you enjoy it, that's what's important right?

Guest The Journey Man Project

well it's just a nice change from the usual dark psy or proggy I always listen to.. a good mix of all stlyes... and the tracks flow into each other so nice for listening to...

well it's just a nice change from the usual dark psy or proggy I always listen to.. a good mix of all stlyes... and the tracks flow into each other so nice for listening to...

582178[/snapback]

Good for the Japanese summer.

35 degrees today.

Sweaty!

Guest The Journey Man Project

ahhhh you in Japan? meh the wather is killing but as of Friday have a 17 day holiday with my girlfriend :P

Guest antic

ahhhh you in Japan?  meh the wather is killing but as of Friday have a 17 day holiday with my girlfriend  :P

582191[/snapback]

heh Mike, you must miss her badly, since you've mentioned her in every thread you posted in today. that's so sweet :)

have a good time together!