Where do you buy your synths?

if you can speak dutch (english will do too i suppose)

www.synthforum.nl

what synth are you looking for? :)

about the mwxt: do you know what's the best way to clean it? It's full of finger prints and dust... :rolleyes:

good luck with your search!

Oops, I should've been more clear. I look for an actual physical real-existing hardware synthesizer ;) I'm a bit afraid to tell which one, because they seem really hard to come by - catch my drift?

- Anywho, thanks for your replies... And how to clean a MWXT.... Hmm, dunno - a piece of moist cloth I guess. I think one of the knobs on mine came off some time ago, but I wouldn't try and take them off on purpose :o

-A

I'm a bit afraid to tell which one, because they seem really hard to come by - catch my drift?

581836[/snapback]

It's ok, you can pm me :P

edit: names of synths removed :)

www.ebay.co.uk

www.ebay.de

You should check them if not daily then every couple of days, because deals can come and go rather fast and if you are looking for rarities, you may have to wait quite a while for one to pop up.

www.thomann.de has some used synths too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thread moderated. User "GAMIAS KSENERWTWN." nuked.

/DP

590667[/snapback]

Huh, what...? What happened. I leave my thread for two miuttes, and when I come back it's ground zero of a nucular explosion... Who's GAMIAS KSENERWTWN? Dang - I'd like to know what I'm supposed to be offended about :D

-A

Thanks, one step closer... Now, what does "POSO MALAKES EISTE RE" mean? Should I strike down with furius anger...? :P

-A

590922[/snapback]

It means " How big wankers are you ppl?"

So we are big wankers.

But i dont understand what this has to do with bying synths. Prpbavly the guy posted on the wrong topic,cause i think it was meant for the Uplifting trance topic.

Aah well... One is tempted to ask, who is the bigger wanker :D - but then again, aren't we all. Here I am, buying a synth from 1990, that doesn't even have resonant filters, just becuase it's oscilators are capable of "Transwave-synthesis"... Geez :)

-A

Aah well... One is tempted to ask, who is the bigger wanker :D  - but then again, aren't we all. Here I am, buying a synth from 1990, that doesn't even have resonant filters, just becuase it's oscilators are capable of "Transwave-synthesis"... Geez :)

-A

591010[/snapback]

That is not wanking,thats an obsession. And man is defined by his obsessions. ;):D

And what is wrong with the synth being from 1990?

The 303 is from '89 no? :)

Yep, the 303 barely missed MIDI - and nothing wrong with that, that's exactly right! The oldest synth I have is from '78, and it's the true gem of my studio. I rarely use it, the oscilator is completely un-tuneable, but my god, I've had some good times with it, and it sounds great (when it holds tuning for more than a couple of seconds :) )

-A

Aah well... One is tempted to ask, who is the bigger wanker :D  - but then again, aren't we all. Here I am, buying a synth from 1990, that doesn't even have resonant filters, just becuase it's oscilators are capable of "Transwave-synthesis"... Geez :)

-A

591010[/snapback]

My Ensoniq EPS16-PLUS will do transwave stuff with samples if you poke it right. Unfortunately it's been poked too hard for too long and now won't run for more than an hour without crashing :(

My Ensoniq EPS16-PLUS will do transwave stuff with samples if you poke it right.  Unfortunately it's been poked too hard for too long and now won't run for more than an hour without crashing :(

591966[/snapback]

Oh man - thanks a lot, now I'm need to get yet anOTHer synth/sampler/whatever... Doesn't it ever stop?!? i guess not. I still need a decent modular system, some device capable of granular synthesis, an additive synthesizer, ......

Hmm, and then I need more time to actually use the stuff :|

-A

I still need a decent modular system

591997[/snapback]

I can fully recommend the Nord Modular... the Mk1 is cheap as chips now, comparatively, and sounds er... really rather good. No pitch-bend wheel though, which is a little annoying for performances.

That's a good recomendation... A tiny question though - is it really posible to "modularize" everything? Say I want an oscilator @ 8000 Hz modulating the cutoff frequency. Is it possible? Will it sound right, or as if some microprocessor is struggling to handle the very quick changes? The reason I want modular, is for doing that sort of stuff, that can't be done with standard "out-of-the-trunk" synths. My digitals even sound sluggish with a standard LFO at 20 Hz so I wonder...

-A