I just dont get it.

santo

shpongle is =  "OMG S POSFORD" overrated shit anyway!, but same goes for Entheogenic and OTT.. commercially successful though! Better start listening to real ambient.

[/pointless bashmode]

581987[/snapback]

Real _ambient_ is very different from Shpongle.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my two cents...

I don't know exactly what Raja contributed to Shpongle or 1200 mics, but to my ears they both sound a hell of a lot better than what Posford/GMS could have done on their own. And as for his flute playing, I myself played flute for 10 years, and it sounds pretty good to me. Incidentally...

"But I've seen on this forum that Simon is Godford and Raja ram is just Goa Gil..."

I don't understand why the Goa Gil comparison is supposed to be derogatory. Goa Gil is awesome!

I don't understand why the Goa Gil comparison is supposed to be derogatory. Goa Gil is awesome!

583268[/snapback]

Yeah.. I'll start a thread about that too. But I havent heard much of his music, so cant comment. There even was a "I hate Goa gil" thead, if i remember correctly..

Did anyone listen to what I had to say? Don't forget that I am always right and that my opinion ought to be obeyed. Now Bow!

Ok, just for comparison then: I've heard both Simon and Raja do a Shpongle-set and Simon's was just undeniably better. And no, I can't say that I'm a big Posh-ford fan but man, there was a huge difference, music-wise. Oh well, I'm just repeating myself....

Has anyone seen both do a Shpongle-set?

Did anyone listen to what I had to say? Don't forget that I am always right and that my opinion ought to be obeyed. Now Bow!

Ok, just for comparison then: I've heard both Simon and Raja do a Shpongle-set and Simon's was just undeniably better. And no, I can't say that I'm a big Posh-ford fan but man, there was a huge difference, music-wise. Oh well, I'm just repeating myself....

Has anyone seen both do a Shpongle-set?

583417[/snapback]

I also guess Simon is the way better musician and probably also DJ (haven't seen either Simon or Raja play or DJ so I can only guess that), but to me that doesn't mean that Raja is not able to give valuable inputs. So Rotwang has a point with his post imho. Even when Raja is rather funny on stage he still might be important for Shpongle and the other projects he is in. None of us is present when Shpongle or 1200 Mics are creating new tracks so we can only guess what his part exactly is. Him being the muse makes some sense to me.

Even when Raja is rather funny on stage he still might be important for Shpongle and the other projects he is in. None of us is present when Shpongle or 1200 Mics are creating new tracks so we can only guess what his part exactly is.

583425[/snapback]

Exactly my point. :)

Well, you asked a question: why is Posford God and Raja the Devil?

My answer would be what I suggested above. Simon creates fat sets, while Raja doesnt at all (au contraire, mon ami). At least, that's my opinion. If you disagree, you suck. :P

My answer would be what I suggested above. Simon creates fat sets, while Raja doesnt at all (au contraire, mon ami). At least, that's my opinion. If you disagree, you suck. :P

583497[/snapback]

So baisicly you're saying the only thing that counts is making a good set, who cares about the rest? Interesting point... ;)

583497[/snapback]

:P Again you are basing your opinons only on live acts. My question was how involved was Raja in creating the Shpongle magic.

Shpongle = Simon + Raja Ram .... right ?

then why does Simon take all the credit while Raja ram is ridiculed ? Is it just because he is old and looks weird ? IMHO both deserve equal fame and respect.

But I've seen on this forum that Simon is Godford and Raja ram is just Goa Gil... Why ?

580999[/snapback]

Well, that's what I responded to and the only thing I can comment on is the acts. I have no clue (but I can take a guess) who's more involved in the Shpongle project, but I can tell you what I thought about their performances and based on that I'd say the divergence in opinions as to who's better, is quite accurate... :P

But nevermind, this was just my point. Feel free to disagree! :)

Well, that's what I responded to and the only thing I can comment on is the acts. I have no clue (but I can take a guess) who's more involved in the Shpongle project, but I can tell you what I thought about their performances and based on that I'd say the divergence in opinions as to who's better, is quite accurate... :P

But nevermind, this was just my point. Feel free to disagree! :)

583561[/snapback]

*feels free*

583497[/snapback]

You don't see Simon Posford jumping in his trousers on the covers of his albums.

You don't see Simon Posford signing crappy artists like Alien Project on his label.

You don't hear Simon Posford urging people to take LSD through microphone.

I can continue...

Guest Elysium

I realised that Raja Ram is only a psychedelic clown that is entertaining the crowd and probably by now forgot the serious work he was doing when TIP was still in progress.

581002[/snapback]

All though Raja is the most famous person behind T.I.P. (before the World was added) I will add that he never really was the one that deserve the most credit for T.I.P (IMO). People tend to forget that there was/are 3 other people involved that rarely get the credit they deserve even though they were the real workhorses back the curtains of Raja's public Image as a multi fluro color image ;)

Graham Wood (The Infinity Project) was actually the 2nd owner (raja and him was the owners) of T.I.P and the one i would give the most credit. He had enough of the direction T.I.P went into and started 10Kilo instead.

Then there's Ian St. Paul. He did a huge promotion work around the world for T.I.P. until he sadly got into a bit too much drug abuse and is currently sititng in a Japanese jail.

lats but not least Richard even though I do hold him (and Raja) responsible for the dreadful way TIP World choose.

You don't see Simon Posford jumping in his trousers on the covers of his albums.

You don't see Simon Posford signing crappy artists like Alien Project on his label.

I can continue...

583672[/snapback]

if he gave free LSD to the people he would be god though.

Acid for the masses! ;)

I can continue...

583672[/snapback]

actually that cover was sweet, lol. (but not whats inside)

and besides, urging ppl to take LSD has nothing to do with music making.

It would be a lot easier too call Raja Ram other things than "psychedelic clown" or "muse" if he had a project of his own, but he hasn't. He has only been involved in collaborations so judging his actual input is hard. I hear a lof of Posford in Shpongle and a lot of GMS in 1200 Mics.

Here's some guilt by association:

Raja Ram and Skazi on stage

Guest Elysium

That's your color baba man!

The one and only fluro circus clown that also on many of his relesses and collaborations preach about the "divine" approach to chemical substances to the many new teenagers entereing the scene. What a chap he is ;)

The one and only fluro circus clown that also on many of his relesses and collaborations preach about the "divine" approach to chemical substances to the many new teenagers entereing the scene.  What a chap he is ;)

588124[/snapback]

Talking about his collaboration and drug references in TIP?

The one and only fluro circus clown that also on many of his relesses and collaborations preach about the "divine" approach to chemical substances to the many new teenagers entereing the scene.  What a chap he is ;)

588124[/snapback]

He does promote drug use, and I think he's a bit fucked up in the head.

Guest Elysium

He does promote drug use, and I think he's a bit fucked up in the head.

588128[/snapback]

I got to say the guy is actually a very friendly person and I doubt he really have a agenda with the drug promotion. BUT there's something called using your brain and responsability when you are a "icon" to many young people. Sadly, as I have met him on more than one occasion, all he could talk about was things releated to drugs. He surely lost the plot back in the good old 60's.

I got to say the guy is actually a very friendly person and I doubt he really have a agenda with the drug promotion. BUT there's something called using your brain and responsability when you are a "icon" to many young people. Sadly, as I have met him on more than one occasion,  all he could talk about was things releated to drugs.  He surely lost the plot back in the good old 60's.

588137[/snapback]

:lol: