Prometheus - Corridor of Mirrors

Charlie

Taken from Twisted website -

The much anticipated second album from Prometheus

Released on 11th August, 2006 from Twisted Records. This will be the second album from Benji Vaughn under the pseudonym Prometheus. Benji has been widely acclaimed across several genres as a superb producer. Far reaching skills have seen him go from winning an award from Sony for the soundtrack to a Nike advert, to remixing work for EMI & Jive Records to producing an album for band The Egg and many more. His housier tracks with Joe Williams under the name JUNK have been played by music moguls such as Sasha, John Digweed, Nick Warren and Steve Lawler. He is also well known for being half of the deadly duo Younger Brother together with Simon Posford. This is an artist who defies convention whilst staying within the boundaries of accessibility, his first album received comments such as:

Initial preconceptions of these artists just producing trance is woefully understated as they do so much more. This is more than just a 4/4 beat and an arrpeggio'd synth line, this is sonic landscaping and they are definitely the head gardeners.¨ Will Seelig - V Future Music

His first album ¡¥Robot-O-Chan¡¦ was a hit in the trance world and we expect nothing less from 'Corridor of Mirrors'. A beautiful yet increasingly banging piece of history has been continued into this second album but is winding down again. The new album starts off with a deep dance floor track which hypnotises and focuses the listener with original ideas which shine through this saturated genre. This album is rather more far reaching with the last three tracks being down-tempo loungey beats reminiscent of the opening track off the first album. Deep slow psychedelia as our little Robot-o-Chan runs out of batteries.

Anyone that heard Benji's set at our party on the 3rd of March will have heard several of the new tracks. It was our first time hearing it really loud and we were pretty damn impressed. Keep your eyes and ears peeled because Benji will be playing out in 2006.

Woo hooo!!!!

P.S. It's not really released on 11th August. I made it up.

The much anticipated second album from Prometheus

Released on 11th August, 2006 from Twisted Records. This will be the second album from Benji Vaughn under the pseudonym Prometheus. Benji has been widely acclaimed across several genres as a superb producer. Far reaching skills have seen him go from winning an award from Sony for the soundtrack to a Nike advert, to remixing work for EMI & Jive Records to producing an album for band The Egg and many more. His housier tracks with Joe Williams under the name JUNK have been played by music moguls such as Sasha, John Digweed, Nick Warren and Steve Lawler. He is also well known for being half of the deadly duo Younger Brother together with Simon Posford. This is an artist who defies convention whilst staying within the boundaries of accessibility, his first album received comments such as:

Initial preconceptions of these artists just producing trance is woefully understated as they do so much more. This is more than just a 4/4 beat and an arrpeggio'd synth line, this is sonic landscaping and they are definitely the head gardeners.¨ Will Seelig - V Future Music

His first album ¡¥Robot-O-Chan¡¦ was a hit in the trance world and we expect nothing less from 'Corridor of Mirrors'. A beautiful yet increasingly banging piece of history has been continued into this second album but is winding down again. The new album starts off with a deep dance floor track which hypnotises and focuses the listener with original ideas which shine through this saturated genre. This album is rather more far reaching with the last three tracks being down-tempo loungey beats reminiscent of the opening track off the first album. Deep slow psychedelia as our little Robot-o-Chan runs out of batteries.

Anyone that heard Benji's set at our party on the 3rd of March will have heard several of the new tracks. It was our first time hearing it really loud and we were pretty damn impressed. Keep your eyes and ears peeled because Benji will be playing out in 2006.

Woo hooo!!!!

580215[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:)

Prometheus was pretty much the only trance thing I liked at Sonica. I'd be interested to hear a new album.

580348[/snapback]

Do you know what tracks he played?

There's 2 new albums coming, one downtempo, one psy. :)

The much anticipated second album from Prometheus.

Released on 11th August, 2006 from Twisted Records.

580215[/snapback]

:angry:

Don't tease me like that!

This was posted on another forum July 9th:

On 2006-07-09 18:48, preset74 wrote:

the albums finnished but just having a few problems mixing the last track and getting the artwork done.....but there is not going to be along lag this time as everyone at twisted is keen to get it out soon......benji

I have no doubt "Corridor of Mirrors" will be released soon! Posted Image

Posted Image..... waiting patiently!

:angry:

Don't tease me like that!

This was posted on another forum July 9th:

I have no doubt "Corridor of Mirrors" will be released soon!  Posted Image

Posted Image..... waiting patiently!

580357[/snapback]

I know, Twisted could test the patience of a Saint. <_<

I bet it'll be fab when it does finally make an appearance though.

Do you know what tracks he played?

There's 2 new albums coming, one downtempo, one psy.  :)

580353[/snapback]

Psy. I didn't know the particular tracks. But I would describe the style as being sort of lazy or raw, and almost to the point of cliche, but very effective. Whereas everyone else seemed to be trying to pack the most killargh sci-fi thriller action into their tracks, Prometheus went for the less is more approach, which I really appreciated.

I'm really looking forward to his down tempo work. I first heard prometheus on butterfly dawn with sweet tooth which was amazing.

The problem with twisted's releases I think must be their distributors because in Japan they use solstice music & things often get released here earlier than from the twisted website <_<:D:o

The problem with twisted's releases I think must be their distributors because in Japan they use solstice music & things often get released here earlier than from the twisted website  <_<  :D  :o

580400[/snapback]

This is pretty standard with distibution in Japan with the album being released here first. Usually its a month earlier but I've seen some cases were it was much much longer (although the most extreme case I've seen wasn't in the psy-side of the music business). In alot of the electronic music world here many Japanese distributors want first release or they simply won't deal with the release at all. Several years ago most labels won't complain since Japan only amounted to damn nere 50% of many labels' sales, but things aren't what they used to be sales-wise anymore. Twisted's stuff usually does come out in Japan first though. The last Shpongle album did, Unusual Suspects 2 did... no reason to think this time will be any different.

Didn't like Robot-O-Chan except the downtempo track and OK Computer. His work with YB is awesome tho and I'm looking forward to hear his new downtempo tracks. I will for sure check it out, it might contain more OK Computer-material.

Didn't like Robot-O-Chan except the downtempo track and OK Computer. His work with YB is awesome tho and I'm looking forward to hear his new downtempo tracks. I will for sure check it out, it might contain more OK Computer-material.

580747[/snapback]

As I keep saying, he's bringing out 2 new albums, one floor-stomping, one downtempo.

As I keep saying, he's bringing out 2 new albums, one floor-stomping, one downtempo.

582645[/snapback]

Ummm, the guy is not making floor stomping stuff ever since 98-99... :rolleyes:

So, according to you Robot-O-Chan CD, which was released in 2004 and Flock of Bleeps CD, which was released a year before are both downtempo / chill?  :unsure:

582752[/snapback]

No, but they are neither floor stomping... I more call his stuff like CLARITY FROM DEEP FOG, SUNSPOT, SNOWBLIND, MK ULTRA, MEKONG DELTA as floor stompers... :rolleyes:

No, but they are neither floor stomping... I more call his stuff like CLARITY FROM DEEP FOG, SUNSPOT, SNOWBLIND, MK ULTRA, MEKONG DELTA as floor stompers...  :rolleyes:

583326[/snapback]

I'd say Samothraki and O.K. Computer are stompers, but it's a matter of interpretation and comparison I guess.

I'd say Samothraki and O.K. Computer are stompers, but it's a matter of interpretation and comparison I guess.

584004[/snapback]

They are very good psychedelic tracks, but surely not stompers, but, as you say, it is all a matter of interpretation... :D

one complaint with da man:

he is really delicate in his sonic manipulations and his sound engineering but he never gets massive...

if he ever served as the combination it would most probably be a killer.

he is still great though in these dark mediocre ages... ;)