what about this scene?

Lost Buddha

This is exactly the attitude I hate in this scene: I know everything, people who don't agree know nothing. I'm holier-than-thou, no explanation needed. 

579381[/snapback]

Agree!

I, for instance, dislike most of the full on nowadays. It hurts my ears to hear what Spacecat is doing these days but there are some people out there that really enjoy it (you for example) and there's absolutely nothing wrong about it!!!

The problem starts with people that think they have the insight and the ability to be the taste police.

I know it's very tempting and very easy to say that full on is shit, which is imho true, but the most important thing is respecting each other. And if one thinks that something is bad and he can improve by doing something than he's welcome to do something.

Hmmm, i'm fried, i hope that made sense :huh:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree!

I, for instance, dislike most of the full on nowadays. It hurts my ears to hear what Spacecat is doing these days but there are some people out there that really enjoy it (you for example) and there's absolutely nothing wrong about it!!!

The problem starts with people that think they have the insight and the ability to be the taste police.

I know it's very tempting and very easy to say that full on is shit, which is imho true, but the most important thing is respecting each other. And if one thinks that something is bad and he can improve by doing something than he's welcome to do something.

Hmmm, i'm fried, i hope that made sense  :huh:

579432[/snapback]

Makes a lot of sense imho! :)

I don't agree with some of your views about the scene when I remember some of your older comments. And we also don't have the same taste (well, some of it matches since I did like some tunes of your dj mix) most of the time, I still enjoy to discuss the scene or music with you and get new inputs. Same goes for Elysium, Charlie and others, I like to talk about how things change and what people's views are about it, especially when they are old-timers. Does not mean that we have to agree in the end. We can still respect eachother and disagree.

Agree!

Hmmm, i'm fried, i hope that made sense  :huh:

579432[/snapback]

quote of the day right there. Well said. No problem thinking there is a real 'goa' or 'psy' spirit and that it involves the music you hear. The problem is when you start to spread those doctrines as the holly creed and anyone else that thinks differently is wrong. the 'real goa ppl' should have it clear it's about living and letting people live with their own tastes. Nothing wrong with advise and guidance if you have been listening to this music for long, but what is the ultimate point of acting all condescending with other people? if you don't like full on (i'm taking the example of this thread), then don't hear it, and start your own thing like a lot of people here have done. but let's all live in *sigh* harmony (i think i threw up little in my mouth as said that word). anyway... yeah... :)

well,

listen,

the whole thing is really trivial; i can almost see the last puzzle of the wholistic solution to all the questions about scene transformations. the answers ... i'll be able to deliver them. soon ... very soon. will be a breaktrough in scene-understanding. no more moaning, no more hate, no more questions about different ideologies. no mooore ...

There is much we can learn from each other if we can negotiate a truce. We can find a way to coexist. Can there be a peace between us?

What is it you want me to do?

lemme think ... brb

I said it again and i will say it one last time.

the problem (well my problem at least) is not that there is full-on music being release.Thats not a problem at all.Its music ffs,people like it people dont.So fucking what.I personally loathe it but i dont mind listening to it once in a while at a friends or at a party(for less than 4 hours though).

The problem is that its the only stuff being released lately. Well ok there are some releases that are not full on or dark but the analogy is like what?

1000000 to 1?

and all those artists that have turned to full-on from goa? dont start agian with the argument "music changes,people change,the world chenge,the artists do the music they love"

its all about being famous and getting money and pussy.

and fuck your roots and the people that believed in you.

take infected mushroom for example.thre are others,but those guys are the worst.

they are worst than skazi.at least skazi started with good full-on and turned to crap. these guys started with amazing psytrance and turned to something that i cannot even describe.

The problem is that its the only stuff being released lately. Well ok there are some releases that are not full on or dark but the analogy is like what?

1000000 to 1?

What is it you want them (the 1'000'000) to do? :o

I said it again and i will say it one last time.

the problem (well my problem at least) is not that there is full-on music being release.Thats not a problem at all.Its music ffs,people like it people dont.So fucking what.I personally loathe it but i dont mind listening to it once in a while at a friends or at a party(for less than 4 hours though).

1000000 to 1?

and all those artists that have turned to full-on from goa? dont start agian with the argument "music changes,people change,the world chenge,the artists do the music they love"

its all about being famous and getting money and pussy.

and fuck your roots and the people that believed in you.

take infected mushroom for example.thre are others,but those guys are the worst.

they are worst than skazi.at least skazi started with good full-on and turned to crap. these guys started with amazing psytrance and turned to something that i cannot even describe.

579479[/snapback]

agreed.

totally.

agreed.

totally.

579489[/snapback]

what a childish opinion.

i doubt a scene can be a reel scene if it rejects profits! scenes are about money.

life is about profits. scenes are about scenarios. scenarios are for profits. it's an infinite chain of shame. :(

once upon a time there was good music and mood without profits. no bad scenarios nor scenes. maybe a proto scene. but no real scene.

time to cut here, i should write an complete essay next time. so both, the onfulls and gotheads, will learn from eachother!

Regarding your comments on moaning: You do realize that you were moaning yourself, which means I have to wonder about your own endowment.  ;)

579391[/snapback]

I will always moan at those moaning at moaners because what they are doing (as I mentioned in a previous post), in effect, is attempting to take away people's freedom of expression.

yea man i agreed with u.:)

no thats only one of the reasons like i said in the post. lack of respect and noobs who dont know anything about the past and say that fullon is the killa and goa is wack.

supagroover @ LOL ;)

579428[/snapback]

Im sorry mate, I just lost you now... werent you once a noob too? I sure was a noob back when I started with this music, and maybe I didnt know as much as I do today, but still I got treated well by the so called "enlightened".....

Maybe the problem with this scene today is that we are so full (and I say WE) with our own egos that we dont realize that we are destroying it?

I dont know, but I know a lot of "noobs" and they love full on trance by GMS and the lots, but they are fucking nice people. They are for me more enlightened than a lot of people that I meet in this scene.....

What I am thinking, is that generalizing people into groups of noobs and enlightened people is just as bad as being racist....

Ok, im gonna be arrogant and say that I was one of the first psy trancers in Sweden back then, and I know more about this music than all of you!! ANYONE that started after 1994 basically is a noob, because you dont know JACK SHIT about what it was like back then!

HAH!

Newsflash for Lost Buddah and all the elitists:

You don't owe the music. And you don't owe the scene.

As much as i hate seeing 16 y/o e-heads infesting parties and expecting Skazi tunes in the morning i understand that it's a part of the evolution.

579557[/snapback]

Yeahp, these 16 year olds will for sure grow up some day as well, and they ARE the ones that will take over and make the scene alive....

The revolution is.......

Daybrain , u only talk shit man .shut up . :P

579528[/snapback]

noooo ... they have a word for it. they call it free market

As much as i hate seeing 16 y/o e-heads infesting parties and expecting Skazi tunes in the morning i understand that it's a part of the evolution.

nooooooo ... they have term for it. they call it Disorganized Schizophrenia

edit:

"The emotional responses of people diagnosed with this subtype can often seem strange or inappropriate to the situation. Inappropriate facial responses may be common and behavior is sometimes described as 'silly'. Complete lack of expressed emotion is sometimes seen, as is an apparent indifference, anhedonia (the lack of pleasure), and avolition (a lack of motivation). Some of these features are also present in other types of schizophrenia, but they are most prominent in Disorganized Schizophrenia." - wikipedia

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D

579577[/snapback]

"This form of schizophrenia is typically associated with early onset (often between the ages of 15 and 25 years) and is thought to have a poor prognosis because of the rapid development of 'negative' symptoms and decline in social functioning."

no fun thing ... how old is FP?