what about this scene?

Lost Buddha

Guest Elysium

Meaning not EX label, but the current label that is paying your bills...

579316[/snapback]

no labels rarely have the money to pay any of your bills these days and many break the contracts over and over again - just my experience.. I dont say they all do. ;)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if u want to win the wheel of fortune these days , its simple .

produce fullon. thats how this scene works (most part of it .).

i dont make music for money since i got a job , and i got a job because i want to be always able to make goa music.

EDIT : im not reffering to the people who posted. NO-ONE.

I think it's great. You're not a real psytrancer until you bitch and moan about how great it was in the past and that everyone making music now are complete dickheads with no talent and just race away in insanly high bpms, often over 150!

Keep in mind, real psytrancers have been doing this for about 10 years now.

578955[/snapback]

amen!!!

amen!!!

579335[/snapback]

make that a double amen.

for example ill say one reason why i have this kind of hate for fullon music .

i have a friend who never heard of psymusic before and now he loves fullon. whats his life background? drugs , stealing cars , beeing doped a whole day , go to psyparties only because of the drugs and getting high..

what does he think of goa? music for pussies.

altought he left that life when i knew him but he still likes fullon. i never blamed his taste but this is one of the reasons why i hate fullon. and im sure he´s not the only one. u can see the kind of background and feeling u get in fullon music , since most of it is made from people like my friend.

and before u ask , yes we´re still friends.

make that a double amen.

i have a friend who never heard of psymusic before and now he loves fullon. whats his life background? drugs , stealing cars , beeing doped a whole day , go to psyparties only because of the drugs and getting high..

altought he left that life when i knew him but he still likes fullon. i never blamed his taste but this is one of the reasons why i hate fullon. and im sure he´s not the only one. u can see the kind of background and feeling u get in fullon music , since most of it is made from people like my friend.

579345[/snapback]

I don't want to burst your bubble but this doesn't mean anything (to me at last). I know enough people who are old-timers and in the scene since the beginning. They love the old goa sound but they are also the ones selling coke and other drugs at the parties to the newcomers, not working regularly, maybe not steeling but still make their living mostly with illegal things. So what, there are bad people everywhere, no matter what taste they have. I agree that there are more and more people like that, in the scene and also elswhere. One reason for that is not the music but because the scene gets bigger and bigger and attracts more people. Also young people who do some shit, like missusing drugs or doing other shit. But this is not only a problem of the scene but a general problem of society.

And another thing, just because you get certain (bad) feelings with full-on does not mean that all people react in the same way. This is exactly the way of generalising I don't like.

I don't want to burst your bubble but this doesn't mean anything (to me at last). I know enough people who are old-timers and in the scene since the beginning. They love the old goa sound but they are also the ones selling coke and other drugs at the parties to the newcomers, not working regularly, maybe not steeling but still make their living mostly with illegal things. So what, there are bad people everywhere, no matter what taste they have. I agree that there are more and more people like that, in the scene and also elswhere. One reason for that is not the music but because the scene gets bigger and bigger and attracts more people. Also young people who do some shit, like missusing drugs or doing other shit. But this is not only a problem of the scene but a general problem of society.

And another thing, just because you get certain (bad) feelings with full-on does not mean that all people react in the same way. This is exactly the way of generalising I don't like.

579350[/snapback]

u didnt get it then. psytrance isnt about cd´s , mp3 or some other material crap. a real psytrancer knows where all of this started and they respect that , while others dont. of course goa guys also take drugs and stuff but at least they know what the real psychedelia is all about . its not cool baselines.

u dont like my opinion thats ur problem. u want mine? EDIT: i dont give a shit to noobs that says that goa suxx.

u didnt get it then. psytrance isnt about cd´s , mp3 or some other material crap. a real psytrancer knows where all of this started and they respect that , while others dont. of course goa guys also take drugs and stuff but at least they know what the real psychedelia is all about . its not cool baselines.

u dont like my opinion thats ur problem. u want mine? i dont give a shit.

579354[/snapback]

Yeah maybe I didn't get it. Where did I say anything about CDs or mp3s? Basicly you are saying if somebody who is into goa sells coke at parties or steals cars he is still better than somebody who listens to full-on and does the same thing because he has the right musical background and listens to the right kind of music? Maybe I missunderstood you but how I understand your story right now I think you have a strange way of seeing musical taste and what is connected with that. But feel free to correct my view...

you dont like a style of music because some of the people that listen to it suck?

:huh::o:blink::unsure:

wow that rules out all music..

of course goa guys also take drugs and stuff but at least they know what the real psychedelia is all about . its not cool baselines.

579354[/snapback]

tell us then B)

Yeah maybe I didn't get it. Where did I say anything about CDs or mp3s? Basicly you are saying if somebody who is into goa sells coke at parties or steals cars he is still better than somebody who listens to full-on and does the same thing because he has the right musical background and listens to the right kind of music? Maybe I missunderstood you but how I understand your story right now I think you have a strange way of seeing musical taste and what is connected with that. But feel free to correct my view...

579359[/snapback]

yes u didnt . but i did. none of them is better , but respect and feeling is what it matters amongst all .

u call commercial crap (super overrated fullon killa cloning) "music?" i would call it a "lure" to get rich .

yes u didnt . but i did. none of them is better , but respect and feeling is what it matters amongst all .

u call commercial crap (super overrated fullon killa cloning) "music?" i would call it a "lure" to get rich .

579366[/snapback]

Ok, I didn't and you don't seem interested in telling me exactly what you meant about that story. Well, my (or your?!) bad then I guess.

I agree about that stuff with the respect. That's exactly why I never bitch about other tastes in music anymore. It just makes me wonder where your respect is if you bitch about full-on that much, it seems beyond you that somebody actually likes that music because of his will and not because of bad circumstance. But it's upt to you what you think about this issue. No doubt about that.

im tired of this shit , Goa-heads if u people want to  give this psyworld some balance its simple. UNITE. till then ciao.

579368[/snapback]

Unite as in follow people like you who want to decide what others should hear or not because they are the enlightened ones? No thank you... I do love goa but I also like other styles, nothing will change that.

the real goers will understand what i said.

579378[/snapback]

This is exactly the attitude I hate in this scene: I know everything, people who don't agree know nothing. I'm holier-than-thou, no explanation needed.

Ok then, discussing with you will bring me no new insights in this matter. So be it!

'all trancers are equal, but some trancers are more equal than others'

-10 points for those that dont know the origin of this quote...

579384[/snapback]

I don't know it, please enlighten me! Goa Gill? Skazi? Raja Ram? Simon Posfort? Ollie Wisdom? OD?

You make an excellent point and one that turned me off going to psy parties a long time ago, namely that the majority of people are high and are in a false state of happiness and a false state of being nice. On top of that they're usually fake, wannabe-hippies too. Add the fact the music's nowhere near as good, nowhere near as imaginitive, and nowhere near as spiritual as it was 5 years ago, and you have yourself one dying scene, spitting up blood in fits and spasms.

579169[/snapback]

You're very right here, Charlie. I can understand now, after my experience at Sonica, why you didn't want to go, even if your hero was playing. It was almost entirely superficial, an excuse to get fucked up where parents and cops won't see you. Sherlockalien called it Disneyland, and I found that to be true in many respects, except that it was a more destructive form of escape than Disneyland, and more expensive to boot. It was disgusting, and it will be my first and last psy fest (unless I somehow manage to find myself at a small but smart forest party in Sweden).

I'll also say it again here that the music was profoundly disappointing and generic, with little exception. I started as a home listener, and I'm now completely convinced that I must stay that way. Music made strictly for the dancefloor, to me, is shallow and worthless. A great lesson learned.

Regarding your comments on moaning: You do realize that you were moaning yourself, which means I have to wonder about your own endowment. ;)

For me there are various kinds of moaning. Some, like Lost Buddha, are moaning genuinely, because althought they try - and their efforts are quite valuable - they don't seem to have much effect, and can't do everything themselves. Then there are others who moan but don't have anything of value to back themselves up, which makes their comments opportunistic and manipulative.

Then there are the moaners about the moaners. Now, if you're moaning about the first kind of moaner (like nemo did in this thread), then I think there's a problem, because it immediately disrupts an attempt to initiate a positive force. Whereas if one is moaning about the second type of moaner - the opportunist - I feel it's a good idea because it's an attempt to cut that negative energy short.

I won't expound on the moaners about moaners about moaners, because at that point it's merely about attention gathering.

make that a double amen.

Nice to see you understood my point and agree with it ... or did you? :)

579345[/snapback]

So you are hating on full-on because your friend with a backround likes it?

I see your point about people should know their history, but hey, newsflash : goa didn't start this at all. Goa originated from other genres, which originated from other genres and so on and so on.

Nice to see you understood my point and agree with it ... or did you? :)

So you are hating on full-on because your friend with a backround likes it?

I see your point about people should know their history, but hey, newsflash : goa didn't start this at all. Goa originated from other genres, which originated from other genres and so on and so on.

579395[/snapback]

yea man i agreed with u.:)

no thats only one of the reasons like i said in the post. lack of respect and noobs who dont know anything about the past and say that fullon is the killa and goa is wack.

supagroover @ LOL ;)