what about this scene?

Lost Buddha

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the scene is alive IMO.there's lot of good music around and decent parties...of course they aren't the same like 5 or more years ago,but could be worse :)

579198[/snapback]

Now see, that, in my opinion, is the correct way of replying to the moaning. Not telling them to shut up, but simply disagreeing with them and stating the reasons why you disagree with them.

Guest Elysium

You know what I don't like? You pick out one sentence of my whole post and comment  it whitout even reading or at least not caring about the rest I wrote. I told nobody to shut up. I just speak up (as said in the rest of the post you didn't quote) to show that there are also good parts, at least for me, in something that is only spoken negative about here by some people. Besides that I agree with nemo, if you only complain without acting out, then nothing will change. Even when it's only buying the few new releases you like or tell other people about it so they buy it.

I totally agree about your opinion when it comes to the taste debate. There are way to many people (some (not all) of them also moan endlessly about how bad the scene has become) that brag about how their style is the only one and who bitch about all the other styles. Just admit that you listen to full-on in this forum and then prepare to get flamed immediately. So much for open-mindedness...I also think it's rather funny when the same people complain about the shiva-nazis at the parties and then use the same formula ast he shiva-nazis (music taste and looks) to judge other people. This is imho what brnigs the scene down, not the minimal wave or the full-on wave or the dark psy-wave.

579194[/snapback]

First of all I did read all you wrote but I found your comment that i quoted interesting because it seemed to contradict yourself a little (nothing personal it's just a debate).

I have no doubt we both agree that people should have the right to express themself and I never said that one side is better than the other. But I have to say (generalising or not) that most posts here are sugar coated pro what everybody else like here. Probably becuase equal children play best (an old saying). I might be wrong but I did not see that many posts here that start by attacking you and telling you to shut it because you like the music you like. On the contrary I have seen many posts flaming those who raised the question why it's not ok to post negative constructive reviews, why it's not ok to dislike the current state of the scene etc.

I might be wrong (I am sure some think I am) but that's my experience here - past and present.

Edited by Elysium

To be fair, a number of those moaning about the scene are actively trying to resurrect goa by organising parties and booking DJ's who play mainly goa trance.

It could also be argued that through moaning, they are planting the seeds of change in people's minds, and that over time they will encourage people, one by one, to stop buying new releases until psy artists start producing better music. It's not likely, I know, but one must have hope.

579186[/snapback]

You heard about the boy that cried wolf right? But yeah, of course there are people like that too out there. I am not saying that NOONE is doing ANYTHING, but when its just moaning all the time, and no visible actions, I get annoyed about it.

At the moment we are starting a new booking/label/promotion company, because we feel that there is something wrong with the scene, and we want to make it a better place to stay in. We want the spirit back in the scene.... and guess what? People I talk to it about think it wont work, because they are overall negative already, and are not willing to join or help.... "Its not worth it" and all that....

Well, and there seems to be a lot rivalery in the scene as well, with people not willing to work with eachother for various reasons.... it really saddens me, it really does!

At the moment we are starting a new booking/label/promotion company, because we feel that there is something wrong with the scene, and we want to make it a better place to stay in. We want the spirit back in the scene.... and guess what? People I talk to it about think it wont work, because they are overall negative already, and are not willing to join or help.... "Its not worth it" and all that....

579204[/snapback]

Good on you, nemo, seriously. I hope more labels follow suit.

It seem to me it's all dandy fine to be pro something.. To go with the masses here on psynews and be one of the "chaps"...  But dare those who have another opinion or those who do not fall into line here and think Talpa and co. is ooooh so amazing (no offense Talpa.. Just an example).

Talpa IS amazing! :D Who are these companions of Talpa you speak of?

If you know some psy better than Talpa I'd like to hear it!

No, seriously. It's hard to find psytrance up to the quality of Talpa. :D Or at least in a similiarish style.

Guest Elysium

You heard about the boy that cried wolf right? But yeah, of course there are people like that too out there. I am not saying that NOONE is doing ANYTHING, but when its just moaning all the time, and no visible actions, I get annoyed about it.

579204[/snapback]

So your contribution is better than ours? Is it better to start a label etc. than to debate? I dont see that. Whatever you do and whatever the way you do it it's all equally important. No one have the answer and the right way. All contributions are important no matter the way.

And yes I am also a bit sceptical about your project mate. Not that i dont want you to succeed.. i really do and I hope you do. But I am also a realist and have seen it all before in a scene that simply does not want to change for the better (as i see it better). No matter good intentions you are in for a damn hard ride trying to convince a scene that does not want to change to change it's ways.

Guest Elysium

Talpa IS amazing! :D Who are these companions of Talpa you speak of?

If you know some psy better than Talpa I'd like to hear it!

No, seriously. It's hard to find psytrance up to the quality of Talpa. :D Or at least in a similiarish style.

579207[/snapback]

again a matter of taste mate :)

at least you did not tell me to shut it ;)

Guest Elysium

Elysium, how does that sound to you then?

579208[/snapback]

It sound perfectly ok to me.. It sound like a person who's had it and needed to release some steam...understandable and fair enough.

Its not always nessesary with long essays to put a stament forward.

FUCK, SUX etc. are staments that might seem minimal and primitive but basically deliver the message.

Then we can argue if he should go more deep into the subject or not. thats a matter of taste.

I see it as he started a debate which so far is going ok.. That alone is a contribution ;)

Well, im gonna stop arguing for the sake of arguing, it takes too much of my valuable time, that I could use on trying to make a diffrence instead. Im gonna go and call some logo designers, and then start to work on contracts....

Have a nice August, im off to spain :)

First of all I did read all you wrote but I found your comment that i quoted interesting because it seemed to contradict yourself a little (nothing personal it's just a debate).

I have no doubt we both agree that people should have the right to express themself and I never said that one side is better than the other. But I have to say (generalising or not) that most posts here are sugar coated pro what everybody else like here. Probably becuase equal children play best (an old saying). I might be wrong but I did not see that many posts here that start by attacking you and telling you to shut it because you like the music you like.  On the contrary I have seen many posts flaming those who raised the question why it's not ok to post negative constructive reviews, why it's not ok to dislike the current state of the scene etc.

I might be rong but that's my experience here - past and present.

579203[/snapback]

Ok, then I'm glad! :)

I never got told that I should shut up because I like full-on. But I've seen more than enough degrading comments about people who listen to full-on, about the style in general or comments directly passed at me in the style of "OMG you listen to full-on, how dare you?!". I mean it's not the end of the world if I read something like that, I don't comment most of that stuff anyway because I decided it's not worth it. I think a lot of people you speak about (praising certain artists and not letting bad comments about them stay uncommented) are the same that make the comments I'm speaking about. To me it seems that a lot of people behave this extreme because they absolutely dislike the behaviur of the IM and Skazi fanboys at Isratrance. This is something I fully understand, but if you act in the same way just in another direction, then you are not really better then the people you dislike (generally spoken, I don't mean Elysium when I write "you").

I never got told that I should shut up because I like full-on. But I've seen more than enough degrading comments about people who listen to full-on, about the style in general or comments directly passed at me in the style of "OMG you listen to full-on, how dare you?!". I mean it's not the end of the world if I read something like that, I don't comment most of that stuff anyway because I decided it's not worth it. I think a lot of people you speak about (praising certain artists and not letting bad comments about them stay uncommented) are the same that make the comments I'm speaking about. To me it seems that a lot of people behave this extreme because they absolutely dislike the behaviur of the IM and Skazi fanboys at Isratrance. This is something I fully understand, but if you act in the same way just in another direction, then you are not really better then the people you dislike (generally spoken, I don't mean Elysium when I write "you").

579217[/snapback]

To be fair, it seems (to me at least) the vast majority of the 'unkind' comments directed at full-on listeners are said in good humour.

I myself like to poke fun at them (and people who listen to other genres) quite regularly, but it's never serious. Taste is taste, and there's never a right or wrong. Only opinion.

Guest Elysium

579217[/snapback]

I totally agree with everything you write BUT there is a but.

When some (lets call them less smart hehe) make comments like "OMG you listen to full-on, how dare you?" etc. then yes they are not the shapest kids on the playground but they still did not tell you (speaking general) to shut up. They just make a very dumbsmart comment.

The BUT comes now. BUT when people deliberate tell you to shut it as they did in this topic and in various other topics then there's a huge difference. It's called trying to sensorship people who do not have the same opinion.

We can easily agree that trashing a genre is stupid (but can be fun at times - i wont deny that - as long as it stay unpersonal) and that dumbsmart comments should not be accepted. But at the end of the day they do not sensorship your right to debate according to your beliefs. To tell you to shut up is to sensorship you - deliberately.

Edited by Elysium

To be fair, it seems (to me at least) the vast majority of the 'unkind' comments directed at full-on listeners are said in good humour.

I myself like to poke fun at them (and people who listen to other genres) quite regularly, but it's never serious. Taste is taste, and there's never a right or wrong. Only opinion.

579220[/snapback]

This is right I guess. But after a certain amount of time it still gets on my nerves a bit. Mainly because not all people here mean it in a fun way like you do. :)

I totally agree with everything you write BUT there is a but.

When some (lets call them less smart hehe) make comments like "OMG you listen to full-on, how dare you?" etc. then yes they are not the shapest kids in the playgorund but they still did not tell you (speaking general) to shut up.  They just make a very dumbsmart comment.

The BUT comes now.  BUT when people deliberate tell you to shut it as they did in this topic and in various other topics then there's a huge difference. It's called  trying to sensorship people who do not have the same opinion.

We can easily agree that trashing a genre is stupid (but can be fun at times - i wont deny that - as long as it stay unpersonal) and that  dumbsmart comments should not be accepted. But at the end of the day they do not sensorship your right to debate according to your beliefs. To tell you to shut up is to sensorship you - deliberately.

579221[/snapback]

I agree about that. Again: I didn't tell anybody to shut up in this thread. And there is another but for me: I understand when people are a bit fed up with certain comments (like nemo) and say why not acting out instead of only complaining again and again? I mean you did start your own thing with sending out those emails to the organisers and stuff. I don't know how many reactions you had after them. Even when there maybe was not much feedback I'm sure actions like that are nearer to change the ways of the scene or certain organisers than anonymous posts in an internet forum. Does not mean people don't have the right to complain of course...

Oh comon Kristian, like you never have told anyone to stfu.... I could probably find one or two posts where you have..... In a heated moment, that happens. I dont wish to censor anyone.... people can say what they want, BUT i DO have the right to comment on it, and DO have a right to get upset about it...

Now im really off, I need to get some work done before my travel to Spain :)

And remember, no matter what music you are doing, NEO is looking for artists at the moment, and you can send me a PM if you are intressted to know more :)

Okey,

Because I actually was pretty harsch on Buddah (I Still stand by my rights to moan about the moaners though) I hereby would like to apologize for my none tactful reply to him in the first place.

Keep up the good spirit, and make some cool music. Hope to see you soon on some festival or party!

Nemo

hey nemo just one thing , why do u have to put suntrip´s name on this? the fact im working on suntrip doesnt mean im puttin suntrip in this mess. keep it out of it ok?

this is me only me against all this stupid scene. im no god in this keep that in mind , ill be always an underrated artist , i dont care about money and fame , i care about respect and thats what u dont find in this scene anymore , i do this tune because i love the real trance but it looks like psytrance is now kids trance where artists only care for fame and fortune , thats what pisses me off.

once again i say , keep suntrip out of this , this is me , im no pussy i got balls to talk about the shit thats happening , while some others just run away and fuckoff.

hey nemo just one thing , why do u have to put suntrip´s name on this? the fact im working on suntrip doesnt mean im puttin suntrip in this mess. keep it out of it ok?

this is me only me against all this stupid scene. im no god in this keep that in mind , ill be always an underrated artist , i dont care about money and fame , i care about respect and thats what u dont find in this scene anymore , i do this tune because i love the real trance but it looks like psytrance is now kids trance where artists only care for fame and fortune , thats what pisses me off.

once again i say , keep suntrip out of this , this is me , im no pussy i got balls to talk about the shit thats  happening , while some others just run away and fuckoff.

579287[/snapback]

As I said in my reply, it was because of what you wrote in another topic (and then changed hehe) that trigerred this. And I have a LOT of respect for SunTrip, and the owners of the Label. And I didnt actually say anything against SunTrip, My message to you was on the contrary.

Of course, if people thought this was about SunTrip, they need to know that this was NOT the case.

As I said in my reply, it was because of what you wrote in another topic (and then changed hehe) that trigerred this. And I have a LOT of respect for SunTrip, and the owners of the Label. And I didnt actually say anything against SunTrip, My message to you was on the contrary.

Of course, if people thought this was about SunTrip, they need to know that this was NOT the case.

579294[/snapback]

ok man , i got nothing against u , just want to be straight in this point because most of the people think that artists have to be quiet and shut up , like "sheep" like elysium said and right.

everything´s okay nemo , apologies accepted .

ok man , i got nothing against u , just want to be straight in this point because most of the people think that artists have to be quiet and shut up , like "sheep" like elysium said and right.

everything´s okay nemo , apologies accepted .

579302[/snapback]

No, artists should not shut up like sheep, but they should (and this is my opinion) try to be as tactful as possible when talking about the label they are signed to. I mean, if an artist doesnt agree with a label (and im not talking about you in this case) they should maybe consider going to another label? I dont know, but that would make the most sense to me. :)

Guest Elysium

No, artists should not shut up like sheep, but they should (and this is my opinion) try to be as tactful as possible when talking about the label they are signed to. I mean, if an artist doesnt agree with a label (and im not talking about you in this case) they should maybe consider going to another label? I dont know, but that would make the most sense to me. :)

579312[/snapback]

depend if it's an ex. label and how big assholes those people on the label is ;)

579312[/snapback]

depend if it's an ex. label and how big assholes those people on the label is ;)

579314[/snapback]

Meaning not EX label, but the current label that is paying your bills...