The Psytrance Scene: Is It Dying?

Tempestuous G

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not dying but it's evolving for sure. I would say the best psy stuff now is probably the kind of stuff Joof plays. Deep, dark and heads down stuff. A lot of the full on stuff is too.... cheesy these days! Like every genre though there's good stuff and bad stuff.

Probably! Not that I dislike all of it, but I always found it difficult to put this music in the "psytrance" category ...

depends on the progressive. e-clip, mindwave, ovnimoon or elegy for example are imho definitely more psychedelic than 99% modern fullon (or imho darkpsy for that matter, but let's not get into this again). in fact i find that style of progressive more similar to "good old" fullon from around 2003 or so, than the fullon from today is.

depends on the progressive. e-clip, mindwave, ovnimoon or elegy for example are imho definitely more psychedelic than 99% modern fullon (or imho darkpsy for that matter, but let's not get into this again). in fact i find that style of progressive more similar to "good old" fullon from around 2003 or so, than the fullon from today is.

Couldn't agree more! Sometimes I feel there is more room and more of a wide open feeling being created to let the psychedelic aspect do it's work.

I don't think it's dying.. it's changing that's true

We have still many international festival, national festival, parties...

We have still have goatrance being released at a good speed.

Psy ambient is doing great .

Dark seems pretty solid

Forest seems pretty ok..

Progressive is just fine

etc...

All those have enough attention, listeners etc...

Fullon had it's peak, that's true, but fullon isn't the psytrance scene...

Some genres have become more clubby at some levels, but we still have roots progressive...

I think it's just more varied, and divided then before. But that's ok I guess.

There is no "one" mainstream anymore like we always had, goatrance/psytrance/fullon.

But that's it, and it will always change... otherwise It would be boring imo ;)

You have to search harder for your taste, but that's good, artist have to prove them more then before.

What can provide good music... Let's see :)

No need for the alarm bell,

Some techno parties are still filled with the same music they played 10 years ago and 50% of the crowd is >30 years old.

And the young ones that love dubstep also like that techno...

We still have monthly acid/core parties in my town, it's so popular, and people were screaming that acid died a long time ago.

Punk was also dead, not in Belgium, The UK, So the prophecy didn't come :)

There will be always people thinking a genre is dead when it changes,

it is just unbalanced but like nature it will find it's way and create a new harmony with new influences.

If you will like it, that's off course your taste,

Good luck with that :)