Spiral Trax R.I.P.

ProSect

very sad news for the community

:(

the first prog cd's i bought were from spiral trax and still does it for me

vibrasphere - echo

noma - navigator

as it's said below they always had quality release, so it's hard to name only a few

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there are a load of contributing factors to govern a labels success, and Spiral Trax may just have closed because of the things you mentioned. I don't believe that they closed just because of downloading - but the way I see it is, if everyone who downloaded the release actually went out and bought it, then we wouldn't have great labels like this one folding.

575452[/snapback]

Spiral Trax going under is a direct result of Cosmophila's bankrupcy. THATS A FACT. They owed money, that would have been used for new records, artist payment etc etc. I know the EXACT figure as well, but it wouldnt be fair to neither Spiral. nor Cosmop. to bring it up here. BUT it was A LOT of money.

Im in NO WAY blaming Cosmophilia, because I can not for 100% sure say what happened, and why.

All I can say is: Watch out for NEO! :D

All I can say is: Watch out for NEO! :D

576136[/snapback]

You're such a secretive teasing little bitch, I'm sure you were a good-looking female your last life. Or you were a farmer who got his donkeys going by dangling a carot on a stick in front of their mouth.

So then, here I go, What would NEO be? Neuro-Epileptic-Orgasmotron?

You're such a secretive teasing little bitch, I'm sure you were a good-looking female your last life. Or you were a farmer who got his donkeys going by dangling a carot on a stick in front of their mouth.

So then, here I go, What would NEO be? Neuro-Epileptic-Orgasmotron?

576154[/snapback]

Its something that we are setting up at the moment, and it will be the biggest thing in electronic history EVARGH!!! :D

Well, I hope it will, for the sake of the artist and the music that we so much love :)

Goddamit, and i was so looking forward to the orgasmatron to end my perennial loneliness....

J/K sounds cool, are you gonna release atmos there?

576159[/snapback]

Well, we are working on all the details, and its a lot of work. To get atmos under the wing would definetly be something that we would want, but our methods are kind of diffrent from any other setup of a label. I cant go into detail, because its a lot, but I can reveal that we are NOT going to use any kind of distribution, and we will make sure that the artist gets the most money from a release possible.

Only that way we can maintain the quality of the artists releases, and only that way, he will be able to advance technology wise without having to be illegal, by downloading illegal copies etc etc.... :D

Well, we are working on all the details, and its a lot of work. To get atmos under the wing would definetly be something that we would want, but our methods are kind of diffrent from any other setup of a label. I cant go into detail, because its a lot, but I can reveal that we are NOT going to use any kind of distribution, and we will make sure that the artist gets the most money from a release possible.

Only that way we can maintain the quality of the artists releases, and only that way, he will be able to advance technology wise without having to be illegal, by downloading illegal copies etc etc.... :D

576160[/snapback]

Sounds great! I wish you good luck with that, Im sure you will inform us once the first tracks hit the streets.

576160[/snapback]

Great initiative.. :)

Thats real sad :( Spiral Trax has always been, along with Digital Structures, my favourite label on the trance scene....still have most of 12"s released there...

:(

To keep myself on-topic - the most memorable releases for me would be probably the following ones:

Atmos - Headcleaner

Human Blue - Electric Roundabout

Hux Flux - Lex Rex Perplex

Thanks for the wonderful tunes in all these years!

man that is sad news. i didnt really give a stuff about dragonfly, rhino closing but this seems a bit more significant.

rest in peace, but appreciate the legacy

574904[/snapback]

Dragonfly is also closed?! :blink: I haven't heard about that before. Or I've allready forgot about it...

basilik i totally agree with u...

it's too easy to blame the death of a label on downloading...

what about the 20 new labels that pop up every week??

they are equally to blame imo...

anyway sad day indeed...

best spiral trax releases for me:

atmos - headcleaner

human blue - ice

574932[/snapback]

I don't see why new labels are to be blamed. Sure, new labels mean more offers for potential buyers but as an well established label with good artists you should be able to handle that imho.

Anyway, even when Spiral Trax is not one of my favourite labels it's really sad to see another big old name going down. :(

Dragonfly is also closed?! :blink: I haven't heard about that before. Or I've allready forgot about it...

576614[/snapback]

Liquid Sound Design just had a release so there may be breath in the old dog yet!

Oh my...

Nooo, not Spiral Trax please ... it was my favourite label for quality scandinavian music :(

Shit...

Rest In Peace.

*sheds a tear*

• 7 months later...

They're baaaaaaaaaaaack! ;)

http://www.spiraltrax.com

Or will be soon... Anyone got any inside information on this suprising comeback?

:o

cool! B)

I didn't think of that. Nice surprise :)

got any info out of Anti, Nemo?

It appears that I have not gotten Antis telephone number anymore. :(

oh ... bummer <_<

I emailed them ... hope I get an answer :P