Upgradeing from FLS6

Ok, i been looking at new stuff, but i can't find anything good, ableton,reason,cubase are NO, right off the top, becasue i want a program with a step sequencer like fruity, so one can imput notes mannually, and not have to look at a bunch of scratchy looking/annoying wave forms like this:

Posted Image

i want NONE of that...does such a program exist where the sequencer has none of that wave crap? i want to see the notes being played

yeah, but is it better than fruity?..i don't want a tracker btw. [i am starting to remember why i only use fruity] its the only program with a piano roll, where you place notes etc at anylength....becasue i hate those grid things that have boxes going down that say

[A#]

[bb]

[A#] etc...

Are you really referring to a step sequencer, or do you mean the Piano Roll in Fruity? If Piano Roll, then Live, Cubase, etc all have that. You can see notes being played in each of them on their Piano Roll, just like Fruity. Cubase has the step sequencer mode as well.

Are you really referring to a step sequencer, or do you mean the Piano Roll in Fruity? If Piano Roll, then Live, Cubase, etc all have that. You can see notes being played in each of them on their Piano Roll, just like Fruity. Cubase has the step sequencer mode as well.

573998[/snapback]

i don't want to sound like a n00b, but uh, i was playing with the reason and ableton demo for a long time and never seen any such thing..how do i find it?

when you click a synth, you go to piano roll, and a sideways roll appears where you input notes, etc...this is what i am looking for, when it comes to final production, i don't like useing my keyboard becasue the times aren't exact

i don't want to sound like a n00b, but uh, i was playing with the reason and ableton demo for a long time and never seen any such thing..how do i find it?

when you click a synth, you go to piano roll, and a sideways roll appears where you input notes, etc...this is what i am looking for, when it comes to final production, i don't like useing my keyboard becasue the times aren't exact

574000[/snapback]

I've not used Reason, but in Ableton, it's at the bottom 3rd of the screen. I believe you double-click the clip area at the bottom there to bring up the piano roll.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was using FL for the same reason you do, you can use the piano roll to edit sounds and it is incredible to modify the length of the notes, but Cubase also does it but it's not quite simple as FL, for example In Cubase it's very dificult to control the WAV files, Kicks, Snares, All wav files, but I found a VSTI that makes magic, "KONTAKT" (thanks stalker BTW ) he recommend me that VSTI :D you just have to get to know with the program . Cubase It's more powerful then FL. well it is just a sugestion.

you also can try Ableton Live. I think you won't find any secuencer easier than FL.

:)

cubase can be used as some sort of step sequencer and its midi parts are way more resourceful than piano roll. i think u should get a sampler like battery and work with ur sounds in midi rather than audio so u dont have to see the hidious waveform :ph34r:

The piano roll in Logic is called matrix, and in every other sequencer, those wave forms you talk only appears if it is an Audio track, everything MIDI is sequenced on a piano roll, in this case is called Matrix

Posted Image

And here is the piano roll of Sonar, a charmfull little software

Posted Image

By the way, its not only Logic, but in almost every sequencer only the wav.files and samples is showed as a wave form....