The Future of Home Studios!

What do u think based in the newest and ever changing tendencies in electronic music production of today, will bring to the average amateur home studio solutions.

Personnaly i thought DSP would be like a huge revolution, and although it has been quite succesfull i think it has finally reached its limitations, and its better to invest on a monster CPU and Memory to run Native Plugins, i was planning to buy a powercore but now ive changed my mind. Laptops are now finally becoming an option for music production , and there are so many software-hardware hybrids out there that just make me drool!!!

how u imagine homme studios say in five years!!!

Personnaly i thought DSP would be like a huge revolution, and although it has been quite succesfull i think it has finally reached its limitations,

it has? tell me more!

how u imagine homme studios say in five years!!!

573807[/snapback]

still a combination of hard and software

Personnaly i thought DSP would be like a huge revolution, and although it has been quite succesfull i think it has finally reached its limitations, and its better to invest on a monster CPU and Memory to run Native Plugins

573807[/snapback]

Uuhm... What's going on in a PC running plugins is actually DSP. Anyway my visions for the future:

- More compact integrated devices that do more than one thing. We already see sollutions like midi-controller-keyboards acting as audio interfaces too. Eventually serious DSP will be included along, handling synthesis and effects. Recording, mixing and processing can then be done from one single devoted unit, leaving only arrangement for the PC.

- Plugins will be qualitatively better, more powerfull and more exhaustive: more types of synthesis will be available on one synth/unit, and the actual processing will be better. New types of synthesis (the Hartman Neuron is an example) will appear, but those usually take a good long time to mature and perfect.

- New users of these new gadgets and programs will become less skilled and theoretically worse equiped, since presets becomes better and more - new features will be many, and confusing to the novice, and since presets are good and plenty, the incentive to learn and master disappears.

Ups and downs all around :)

-A

Mind to MIDI interface. I think it will arrive like 10 years from now max.

576792[/snapback]

Aaw how could I forget?!? Anyway, I think it'll take a good deal longer. The technology *might* be available in the next decade or so, but still requiring massive implants and stuff. Not exactly "homestudio" material - I think :)

-A

we will be makeing music with 15 bass lines, 38 leads, 12 pads, 17 diffrent 4/4 beat combinAtions, 6 climaxes, everything will be in .ogg format, average 80 minute song will be 5kb

by this time music will be able to open wormholes, and where you end up all determines how leet the track is

your average synth with have a polyphony of 48000, and 1000^1000000 voices,with 2048 programable [in c++++] oscililators, 15 LFO's, 200 new filter types, and an ADSR modulator with a new knob called 'P' for 'pwnage', it makes all shitty track genuinly pwn, [can be automated]

track will be leet becasue they go from shitty2leet©®, becasue of this effect, people will liek music more, becasue they expeirnse the shity2leet©® effect in REAL TIME

also, revewrb and chorus and delay will be obsolete, becasue there will be a synth for each thing [for instance, if you ahve a sound delay 5 times, there will be 5 synths in a layer, makeing the sound]

lets see, oh yeah, songs will also change genra mid-track, what started as house, ends up as dark-gothic-progressive-psytrance

all panning knobs will have many ways [no more lelft/right], you can pan left right up down in out insideout, outsidein, over under, infront and behind

mgtriggergate will still be leet

everyone will use fruityloops 20 brain-studio edition XXXXL [with WASP XXXL 8.0]

[/endrant] :P

Aaw how could I forget?!? Anyway, I think it'll take a good deal longer. The technology *might* be available in the next decade or so, but still requiring massive implants and stuff. Not exactly "homestudio" material - I think :)

-A

576919[/snapback]

Some people already foresee it as the end of the music as we know it. Imagine the possibilites...

we will be makeing music with 15 bass lines, 38 leads, 12 pads, 17 diffrent 4/4 beat combinAtions, 6 climaxes, everything will be in .ogg format, average 80 minute song will be 5kb

by this time music will be able to open wormholes, and where you end up all determines how leet the track is

your average synth with have a polyphony of 48000, and 1000^1000000 voices,with2048 programable [in c++++] oscililators, 15 LFO's, 200 new filter types, and an ADSR modulator with a new knob called 'P' for 'pwnage', it makes all shitty track genuinly pwn, [can be automated]

track will be leet becasue they go from shitty2leet©®, becasue of this effect, people will liek music more, becasue they expeirnse the shity2leet©® effect in REAL TIME

also, revewrb and chorus and delay will be obsolete, becasue there will be a synth for each thing [for instance, if you ahve a sound delay 5 times, there will be 5 synths in a layer, makeing the sound]

lets see, oh yeah, songs will also change genra mid-track, what started as house, ends up as dark-gothic-progressive-psyt

rance

all panning knobs will have many ways [no more lelft/right], you can pan left right up down in out insideout, outsidein, over under, infront and behind

everyone will use fruityloops 20 brain-studio edition XXXXL [with WASP XXXL 8.0]

577203[/snapback]

i think NHJO already achieved that :D:P

oh common quit ranting

even today with the technology of today - shitty music still sucks.

even if you have the bestest gear ever and you can't make music - you won't make anything good.

your average synth with have a polyphony of 48000, and 1000^1000000 voices,with 2048 programable [in c++++] oscililators, 15 LFO's, 200 new filter types, and an ADSR modulator with a new knob called 'P' for 'pwnage', it makes all shitty track genuinly pwn, [can be automated]

lets see, oh yeah, songs will also change genra mid-track, what started as house, ends up as dark-gothic-progressive-psytrance

577203[/snapback]

whats an .ogg file? :unsure:

5 years is not that far away, but I suspect sampling technology will become far more advanced, and all-in-one programs like Reason will become even more user-friendly with increased production capabilities. According to Moore's Law, computer power will have tripled, allowing for all sorts of things to occur.

I also think that the gap between n00b and pro have always been fairly vast. It has always been a question of consistency; n00bs can luck out with a hit piece of music every once in while, but they can't repeat it, whereas the best artists are continually able to produce great music.

I think noobd0m comes from the method of makeing music, not the quantity or quality.

Quality is based on, for the most part, someones tastes, i like oldschool Goa, i am sure soem people exist, who would say oldschool sucks and is obsolete etc...

look at instruments for instance, a manufactuerer can produce 200 violins a day, that all have that new superb feeling...but still, there is nothing like a violin made by a guy, by hand...[esp the really oldshcool ones :P]

IMHO, n00b = person-who-uses-just-samples-in-a-sampler-and-calls-it-music

anyone can get a bass/lead/pad/drum sample, throw them together, and call it music

hell, i know guys who chop entier parts of a song, and loop that, and call ti thier own.

I guess that music has been around almost since always, and the posibilities for a kid to have and use a guitar has been changing but it seems that as said the consistency factor is proportional to the global population, it means taht not every one will keep on the music production side just because its easier but it do means that more and more will.

So ... i think that one sinlge and all mighty host program with a one single controller will be the common setup for "electronic" musicians. the sounds will be recycled in diferent forms and people will still doing lsd to freak this music out then. that is in 5 years. (maybe)