Recommended Psy Trance Albums thread?

Xochi

Ok so I dont know if a thread like this has been suggested before or not, but it would make sense to make if it hasn't because its getting quite annoying when people are always asking the same questions all the time about which is the best full-on albums, which is the best prggy album ect ect ect

so could we make some sort of sticky thread, with a list of recommended (by the psynewer's) of psy trance albums toget.

i.e

Full-on:

Alien Project - Dont Worry,Be Groovy (TIP.WORLD)

Progressive:

Compilation-Kwarup (Ear Peaks Music Group)

Ambient:

Entheogenic-Golden Cap (Chillcode Records)

ect ect ect.............

you see where I am going with this? it would also be cool to actuly keep the thread locked, so people dont have to trail through pages of pages of stuff to find what they want.

I know this sounds a big job to keep this list upto date but I am more than happy todo it :)

people can just email or PM me there recommendation of albums and what sub genre of psy trance it is and I will add it to the appropriate section in the list.

What do you lovely people think?

I think this idea is absolutely great. To keep the thread locked also makes sense to me since I can allready imagine how peope start to bitch about albums they don't like... ;)

Deleted some off-topic posts. Go to the off-topic-forum if you wanna talk, no need to spam the threads here.

Edit: Some more posts deleted, stop spamming in the general forum FFS!

What a quality list!! The only 2 I don't have, Phutureprimitive & Sandspider have gone straight on my to buy list as they are in such great company :D

What a quality list!! The only 2 I don't have, Phutureprimitive & Sandspider have gone straight on my to buy list as they are in such great company  :D

574033[/snapback]

Sandspider is quite lonely and beautiful, that's why it's one of my tops. The intro track especially has this lovely mourning piano, rain, thunder etc.. But it's not all like that, has some nice dubby moments - it's a good all round album this. :)

Phutureprimitive isn't for Shpongle listeners... it's deeper chill that you have to appreciate on repeated listens rather than having outright 'wow' factor. Extremely hypnotic and trancey but done in a very slow, focused way. Though the last track 'Dissolve' just hit me straight away, a very beautiful piece of beatless ambient with orchestral type sounds. Fantastic album. :)

From Shaft

Now my ambient recommendations (artist albums):

Shulman - In Search Of A Meaningful Moment - Agree

Entheogenic - Spontaneous Illumination - Agree

Elemental Journey - Absolute Ambient Volume 2 - Disagree. This bores me.

Abakus - That Much Closer To The Sun - Agree

Tripswitch - Circuit Breaker - Agree

Sandspider - Music For An Imaginary Film - I WANT THIS

Hallucinogen - In Dub - Agree

Ott - Blumenkraft - Never really fell in love with this. I know I am in the minority.

Shpongle - Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost - Same as OTT.

Future Sound Of London - Lifeforms - Agree

Phutureprimitive - Sub Concious - I WANT THIS

Sandspider is quite lonely and beautiful, that's why it's one of my tops. The intro track especially has this lovely mourning piano, rain, thunder etc.. But it's not all like that, has some nice dubby moments - it's a good all round album this.  :)

Phutureprimitive isn't for Shpongle listeners... it's deeper chill that you have to appreciate on repeated listens rather than having outright 'wow' factor. Extremely hypnotic and trancey but done in a very slow, focused way. Though the last track 'Dissolve' just hit me straight away, a very beautiful piece of beatless ambient with orchestral type sounds. Fantastic album. :)

574042[/snapback]

I look forward to hearing these. Thanks for bringing them to my attention. ;)