What do you use to make your tracks?

Great stuff. I'm considering buying a pair of KRK V6 as I my first (and only)impressions with them were really good. It's hard to say though if this impression is going to last, so please tell me your experience with them

573360[/snapback]

Yeah, so i am really happy with them up to this point. The tracks i mix on them (all of them) seem to sound good on a variety of sound systems of varying quality. I have been told this is a good way to tell how good a pair of monitors are. Before these we were using some old sony monitors and these were a HUGE improvement. Like night and day. When i bought them, i was able to do a side by side comparison with a variety of other brands. IMO they were the best sounding of the ones i listened to. I even listened to some much more expensive monitors (i remember some were event brand) and these seemed superior.

Unfortunatly i didnt have any psytrance cds with me at the time so i couldn't do the comparison with psytrance.

I hope this helps B)

Which artist would you be on the site above?

573768[/snapback]

sorry, i thought i linked to the personal site, lucid locust is the name, at the moment, it changes every few months.

I just picked up renoise. I previously used Ableton Live 5. I might switch back one Live 6 comes out, but I like renoise because it gives me a lot of control over the track. Also it's easier to compose, you can think of a track in terms of steps.

I had a few soft synths, but the only one that can work for psytrance is audiorealism's bassline. I'm in the process of discovering more soft synths that would be suitable for psytrance production.

hiya :D

Hard or soft... doesnt really matter in the end as long as it sounds good but here goes anyway

Hardware:

Virus C

Waldorf micro Q

MOOG Rogue

Yamaha TX81Z

Korg EX-800

Novation Drumstation

TR-707

Roland W-30 12bit sampler (hardly ever use it anymore)

M-Audio Axiom 25

Genelec 8040a

Software:

FM7

Sytrus

Albino

Minimonsta

Discovery

DX-10

and lots more....

I see more and more people mentioning sytrus for leads but try it for bass, it has super saw basses that is very psy friendly :D

Anyway over the years i found that its really not up to the instrument you are playing but more the way you play it.

Same thing applies to mixing/production, though i must admit that a pair of precise monitors helps a lot.

I'ts all techniques not hard/software so my most valuable tools, besides my ears, are all the tips and methods i picked up over the years...

Software:

- FL Studio 6***

- Acid 4.0

- Reason 3.0

Soft Synths:

- Albino 2

- Vanguard

- Audiorealism Bassline

- 3xOsc

- TS404

- Sytrus

- DX10

- Z3ta

- VB-1

- Synth 1

- Muon Tau 2

- Waves Plugins

And a few more useless VST that never get used! :D

I produce mainly Goa Trance, but dabble in other genres from time to time.

Link To My Music

That's my music, i dont post most of my good stuff thats all stored on my computer for now. But with the right knowledge and skill FL studio can be used to create some AWESOME quality music.

Software:

- FL Studio 6***

- Acid 4.0

- Reason 3.0

Soft Synths:

- Albino 2

- Vanguard

- Audiorealism Bassline

- 3xOsc

- TS404

- Sytrus

- DX10

- Z3ta

- VB-1

- Synth 1

- Muon Tau 2

- Waves Plugins

And a few more useless VST that never get used! :D

I produce mainly Goa Trance, but dabble in other genres from time to time.

Link To My Music

That's my music, i dont post most of my good stuff thats all stored on my computer for now. But with the right knowledge and skill FL studio can be used to create some AWESOME quality music.

574750[/snapback]

Very nice - I'm totally sold on what I have been reading / seeing / hearing, I really need to move to Software....

Thanks dude.

hiya :D

Hard or soft... doesnt really matter in the end as long as it sounds good but here goes anyway

574719[/snapback]

I totally agree.... I've been hardware for years, but what I have seen with soft as of late blows me away. Put both in the mix and I think there is a killer production studio - boy, I've been missing out.

I totally agree....  I've been hardware for years, but what I have seen with soft as of late blows me away.  Put both in the mix and I think there is a killer production studio - boy, I've been missing out.

574890[/snapback]

You know I've been thinking the same thing myself, i want to get some hardware equipment as well because i think the production quality will shoot through the roof!! :)

Though I am only 17 and dont have the money for that sort of stuff yet. :(

Yeah, so i am really happy with them up to this point.  The tracks i mix on them (all of them) seem to sound good on a variety of sound systems of varying quality.  I have been told this is a good way to tell how good a pair of monitors are.  Before these we were using some old sony monitors and these were a HUGE improvement.  Like night and day.  When i bought them, i was able to do a side by side comparison with a variety of other brands.  IMO they were the best sounding of the ones i listened to.  I even listened to some much more expensive monitors (i remember some were event brand) and these seemed superior. 

Unfortunatly i didnt have any psytrance cds with me at the time so i couldn't do the comparison with psytrance. 

I hope this helps  B)

573775[/snapback]

Thanks a lot, and it doesn't matter too much with the psytrance comparision since it's mostly a secondary part of my music creation. My choice will probably be between KRK V6 II and Genelec 8030A, the price is about the same.

By the way - are your KRKs V or VII?

i use a lot of dsp discovery these days!!!!

and gate fx!!

stopped using the vanguard now, kinda tired of hearing it in every track nowadays!!

i just realized now its better to learn and master a few intruments than having tons on them and end up using only the presets...

You know I've been thinking the same thing myself, i want to get some hardware equipment as well because i think the production quality will shoot through the roof!! :)

574921[/snapback]

Dude, don't worry - I'm 28 and I still never have enough money! =)

Computer Stuff:

AMD X2 2.0GHz

3GB RAM

3x250GB Sata Drives

M-Audio Firewire 410 (10out 4in Soundcard)

M-Audio MidiSport 2x2.

Novation SL 25 (Midikeyboard which rocks)

2x 17" Monitors

Logitec super slim keyboard (Yes the keyboard makes a diffrence hehe)

Instruments:

Access Virus C

Roland Alpha Juno 2

Effects/Rack Units:

TC Electronic D-Two Delay

Behringer Multieffect processor

Digitech S100 (Actually not as bad as one would think)

48Channel Patchpay

Mixer:

Behringer DDX3216 Digital Mixer (I would like to have a 2nd one :()

Loads of VST instruments, and a lot of frikking cables..... But this is what I use to make music :)

thats not conforting!!! :(

576729[/snapback]

Sorry.... =) I guess the better way to put it is you'll have a hell of a lot more money, but as the money continues to grow, so does what you want. =)

574921[/snapback]

wrong. i got a korg microkorg and it also uses DSP technology , of course that using the real thing is different , but i tell u one thing , there are great VST´s out there that sound like my microkorg and one of them is native instruments PRO53. ;)

software can be amazing when u know how to use it..

Thanks a lot, and it doesn't matter too much with the psytrance comparision since it's mostly a secondary part of my music creation. My choice will probably be between KRK V6 II and Genelec 8030A, the price is about the same.

By the way - are your KRKs V or VII?

576430[/snapback]

I didnt even realize that there were different models of the V series out there. I double checked and i have the KRK V6-II. I dont have any experience with the genelecs so i cant really say anything there ;)

Cheers!

AMD SEMPRON 2.8 MHZ

512 RAM 400 MHZ

80 GB 7200 RPM

KRK Studio Monitors

Radium 49 Midi Controller

Don't have Audio Card :(

Cubase SX3

For BassLines:

VB1

Tau Pro

Neon

Soft Synths:

Penta II

Z3ta

Vanguard

Discovery

Plugins for channels:

FL blood Overdrive

Parametriq EQ

Phat Camel

Fuzzplus

Reverb

Quadra

FL Delay

Here's a test track made of those Soft Synths

http://www.isdnetworks.com/TEST.mp3

I will buy the Virus C in the next months

Just me Lappy & softs....

Centrino 1.8ghz 1Gb Ram

Ableton Live 5

NI Battery

NI Pro 53

Pentagon

Albino 3

Minimonsta

Korg Legacy Pack

Protoplasm

Various plugins for dynamics and manipulation

but my favourite at the moment is Glitch, its badass!

heres some old tracks, im not really into writing tracks like these anymore though, its been left behind in favour of some more progressive sounds and trancy breaks :)

wrong. i got a korg microkorg and it also uses DSP technology , of course that using the real thing is different , but i tell u one thing , there are great VST´s out there that sound like my microkorg and one of them is native instruments PRO53. ;)

software can be amazing when u know how to use it..

577155[/snapback]

ok. what r the things u use. i heard some nice sounds in ur track Ataraxia

So, after re-reading Lost Buddha's @ Jul 30 2006 comment, I thought about something else... All of the Korg 'virtual' analog stuff has been great - the Prophecy, the EA-1, MS2000. You really can't go wrong there.

ok. what r the things u use. i heard some nice sounds in ur track Ataraxia

584753[/snapback]

• 5 years later...

Hello, what exact use do you make of your MPC? I'm asking because I have always thought about buying one, but goa trance music has so many tracks and instruments played for a single tune that an MPC seems unusable compared to a PC sequencer, don't you think so? You won't have 64 or 128 tracks with an MPC. It seems more suitable for music that makes use of less instruments (e.g. blues, rnb, rock, dance, pop...). Or do you use it only for the sampler of the MPC?