'Chicago House' Live Set by DJ Marcelo Abreu

thebadtrip

>> Correction: Deep House set, not "Chicago House". Chicago means jackin´ house, lots of breaks and deep grooves, acid structured, freak house. Touches of tech influence. Based on grooves basically.

Sooo... back to what matters .::

Hi there, as I have mentioned before here on Psynews, my brother is a DJ. His name is Marcelo Abreu

He plays Deep/Tech/Chicago House which I would say are very elegant house sub genres. In this mix we have basically deep house with lots of pianos, trumpets, clean guitar solos, etc. Touches of jazzy and funky grooves.

I'd like you guys to give it a try. Download and listen to the set.

This entire set was played at this new restaurant in Niterói, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, called Miksi with 12" records only. Since this new place is very trendy and cozy the music is supposed to keep the conversations going, low profile. Some kind of a lounge atmosphere.

Créme de la créme, cream of the crop, etc, etc, etc for the people who enjoy sophisticated classy tunes.

So I kindly introduce you to DJ Marcelo Abreu's Miksi Lounge Session [Live Set @ 02-Jul-06, 1h05min, ~85Mb]

URL: http://www.boombass.com.br/set.zip

Comments/critics very much appreciated

Contacts: djmarceloabreu at gmail dot com

Thank you for your time

hey, im listening! :D

565735[/snapback]

Oh, great that you're checking it out. I'd love your comments since you've been on the road for a long time.

Thanks, nemo ;)

I like the music a lot... Yes I listen to a lot of house as well! :) This reminds me of good old parties with St Germain and the old days when Laurent Garnier was spinning his first house tracks.

Very deep, very harmonic.. but not very melodic, and thats good! Perfect for a lounge or something, zipping on that Martina. From what I can hear so far, the mixes are great too, but mind you I am sitting at work, and have to listen in passes. It sounds like your bro has a very nice flow :)

Tell him to keep up the good work, and I am sure if he does, he will get to play some of the important places in the Future :)

Thanks for the kind words. If you have the time I'd would love to hear more in-depth comments after you give it a few more listens..

And I'll bring 2 more sets from my brother for reviews.

I made a mistake classifying this as "Chicago House". I uploaded a different file to the host. This is the Deep House set.

There are 2 more sets I should be putting online very soon. One of them is pure Chicago House, with lots of breaks, acid elements. Freaky grooves.

Another set is a tech house mix. More dance-floor oriente, but with the same elegance. Sensuality and promiscuity in the air. Ibiza-Like with ladies gently biting on their lips while gliding the mega-clubs on 5" high-heels. Glamour! hahhah

Thanks for the kind words. If you have the time I'd would love to hear more in-depth comments after you give it a few more listens..

And I'll bring 2 more sets from my brother for reviews.

I made a mistake classifying this as "Chicago House". I uploaded a different file to the host. This is the Deep House set.

There are 2 more sets I should be putting online very soon. One of them is pure Chicago House, with lots of breaks, acid elements. Freaky grooves.

Another set is a tech house mix. More dance-floor oriente, but with the same elegance. Sensuality and promiscuity in the air. Ibiza-Like with ladies gently biting on their lips while gliding the mega-clubs on 5" high-heels. Glamour! hahhah

565862[/snapback]

Im looking forward to them! :D It was a pleassure to listen to this one! :D

Its a pleasant mix, bits here and there I don`t like, like some melodies, but a positive mix overall.

Serving purpose indeed

568677[/snapback]

Technically good? Taste is hard to hit on the spot for everyone, right ;)

DOwnloading right now ;)

568727[/snapback]

Great! :)

Hmm eventually a more relevant opinion after I hear it more times.. :)

568755[/snapback]

If you're going to give it a few more listens... that's already interesting to hear

Thanks, man.. ;)

I've had it playing in the background while reading the news paper this morning and I like it a lot, certainly my cup of tea. Good trackselection and nice floating vibe, should work like a charm in any lounge.

I've had it playing in the background while reading the news paper this morning and I like it a lot, certainly my cup of tea. Good trackselection and nice floating vibe, should work like a charm in any lounge.

569266[/snapback]

Sweet... Since there's some good feedback here I'll try and get the 2 other sets uploaded soon.

Thanks for listening, Trolsk ;)

• 2 weeks later...