Electrypnose - Subliminal Melancholies

DeathPosture

• 3 months later...

I like this album a lot. i dont find this particularly melancholic but like rah said its hypnotising music ..

great for deep sleeping sessions :)

its pure dark ambient and thats what i love about it

:blink:

I dunno .. i woke up in a cold sweat while listening to this album late at night .. the first half isnt that dark , but by the time i got to new wave and this is the beginning i began to shiver and started imagining strange creatures and ghosts .

They might not appear really dark on the surface but they are subliminally haunting .. especially with that Idm/glitch touch to it.

try this on lsd you'll know ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it might have a dark side to it, but it most certainly isn't dark ambient in true sense of term ;)

I thought about this a lot and maybe you're right. Maybe the album took the shape of my mood that night.

Whats really outstanding about the album is that it brings out various emotions and shades within a track at times.

Calling it dark ambient actually wouldnt do justice to it. .

Like track 7 for example.

beautiful :)

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My friends all like this album.

I love it.

This is one of the best downtempo albums out there.

• 1 year later...

Submarine, Cordial Family, Entre Palmeras, and This Is The Beginning are great. I find Mountain Landscape less interesting than the others. Both Neverending Story are Tripad wonderful.

Listen how (in Tripad) the piano is purposefully off key; the artist creatively makes it fit by adding in sounds individually over each note, thus distorting intentional errors with tedious tweaks to accommodate innovation and emphasis its grip. I think most people missed some of the most (impressive on a technical level) details on this album. Electrypnose's editing, mixing, and sound programming is impressive.

Rozococie has grown on me, with its chilled, organic background and instruments. It's a pleasant, contemplative track that nicely separates the more dynamic, intricately designed numbers.

I just opened a review thread in the 2010 section (below) for the downbeat/tempo "Sweet Sadness" follow up to Subliminal Melancholies. Both are great.

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/59923-electrypnose-sweet-sadness/

I just love Tripad! What an amazing ambient track... gives me such unadulterated joy when its finally built and exploding! Love it!

Excellent track i agree, sublime and man very entrancing, cool