What Track makes you CRY?

herforder

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cycling ?

Yes, it's hard to explain...

It must be the sense of speed and the beatiful scenery that make it happen. Watching a beautiful sky while listening to something such as AP's Mahadeva, feels like God itself visits my soul...

bon iver his first album: he made that, alone with a guitar in the wood, just after his girlfriend dumped him

tori amos little earthquake

paula cole lovelight and her first album but really, nietcheiz eye one of the most beatiful song ive listen

the cranberries: i will always and mostly all the first album

the cure: disintegration

dave matthews band: pay for what you get, prodest monkey, crash

joni mitchell: river and her album blue

bob dylan: of course! all along the watchtower

peter gabriel: in your eyes and red rain

i feel shitty saying that, its so ketaine, but city and color: im coming home

ween: the argus

pearl jam: black, corduroy, the album ten

nick drake: mostly everything

the best guitar player imo, micheal edges: woman of the world

gentel giant: aspirations

choke: numb phase, its arch tough

for now thats what i remember

samshing pumpkin: disarm, i know, we heard it too many time

and sometime, pop music makes me cry haha

Those are all songs i already cry over, but not every time i listen to it

nothing from goa really, crying over goa, its like crying over an horror movie, doesnt go together for me

Yes, it's hard to explain...

It must be the sense of speed and the beatiful scenery that make it happen. Watching a beautiful sky while listening to something such as AP's Mahadeva, feels like God itself visits my soul...

I know exactly what you mean

it's somewhere in the melodies (for trance and techno) some minor chord or variation on it, even major chords can sound pretty saddening if done correctly, but if i'm supposed to get sad from it, it's either from the empty/cold atmosphere or the happy sounding melodies played in minor.

for the oldies:

mike oldfield - to france :drama:

+ yann tiersen - la noyee

hypnotic brass ensemble - mercury

cosma - people on hold

couldn't control my emotions while listening to it on the way back from lunch with family.. the tears just kept flowing...... :rolleyes:

No tracks make me cry..........

There are a few that give me goosebumps when I hear them though. And lots that make me marvel at how great they are.

Thats because you're a troll. Trolls don't have tear channels.

Secede - Kingdom Of Hearts

Talpa - Lullaby For Ms Ivon

The Orb - A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From the Centre of the Ultraworld

Ulrich Schnauss - 50% of his songs

and so on.

Thats because you're a troll. Trolls don't have tear channels.

Secede - Kingdom Of Hearts

Talpa - Lullaby For Ms Ivon

The Orb - A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From the Centre of the Ultraworld

Ulrich Schnauss - 50% of his songs

and so on.

So you listen to music with a kleenex in your hand?

Sounds really depressing.

I'll admit I have cried listening to music before, but it was pretty much just uncontrollable crying about the wind or a bug got in my eye.

So you listen to music with a kleenex in your hand?

Sounds really depressing.

I'll admit I have cried listening to music before, but it was pretty much just uncontrollable crying about the wind or a bug got in my eye.

damn, psynews just isn't the same anymore :unsure:

Music just doesn't make me cry.

Life can.

Only if a song reminds me of a particularly bad time. Or I am in an already heightened emotional state would music bring me close.

I did drop a speaker on my foot once. That nearly made me cry too :( well it brought a tear to the eye anyway.

music as the soundtrack of life........music as thé trigger....... :)

indeet

but sometimes music is moving enough to cause the emotion itself, yes.

those are the best songs ever.

Akira Yamaoka - The Reverse Will

bluetech - finding the fututre by looking backwards

yann tiersen - j'y suis jamais allé

skip - eye earth

cosma - people on hold

couldn't control my emotions while listening to it on the way back from lunch with family.. the tears just kept flowing...... :rolleyes:

Are you really serious?

It must've been a dramatic lunch then....

Never actually cried as a direct effect of music, (Ok this one time I just remember when me and a girlfriend once broke up I heard "our song" on the radio when we just split up, but that was because we split up, not because the music made me cry, but that was a looooong time ago) anyways....

But I guess I understand that people could cry when hearing certain music, it can create emotional outbursts in the brain for sure.

Tripswitch - Shamanic Tea is one of them for me, also Voodoo Dub from Alex Theory, Ma Wal Hob from Toires, and Lost Eden from Asura, those 4 have a very powerfull effect on me.

Never cried, but some tracks are so awesome that I just wonder in amazement in the ammount of talent that took to make such a track. And my eyes get watery, but this has more to do with being ecstatically happy than sad. Some tracks from Ulrich Schnauss, Bjork, AP. And alot of regular trance actually. I just find something in that music that makes me feel in a special way.

Never cried, but some tracks are so awesome that I just wonder in amazement in the ammount of talent that took to make such a track. And my eyes get watery, but this has more to do with being ecstatically happy than sad. Some tracks from Ulrich Schnauss, Bjork, AP. And alot of regular trance actually. I just find something in that music that makes me feel in a special way.

+1

If you never cried or had shivers down the spine, then i think you just didn't find the right songs/tracks and/or that you don't let yourself get lost in the music.

I rarely get emotional over goa/psy, but some tracks make me feel euphoric - and once i'm in that euphoric state, if the track keep going more intense and keep surprising me, then i'll get some shivers.

Then if it goes another level higher, i'll have some tears of euphoria because i'm simply blown away and never expected to hear something like that.

The last time it happened to me must have been on the second half of

, from 5:05 to the end.

The infectious melodies, the fact that it gets more intense all the time and that it seems to last ages, the synths used to make those melodies.. all that is going beyond what i was expecting, and if i'm dancing to it accordingly to how it makes me feel, then i'm totally sucked in the intensity/emotion and i'll have uncontrolled shivers and tears.

If i try to analyze how i feel on that second half..

- 5:05: an aggressive melody starts and gets all my attention

- 5:18: the beat is coming, i'm getting off of my chair and start moving my butt, expecting a climax to come soon

- 5:44: 2s break, then the beat starts again with this time an "atmospheric" layer that enhances the melody and makes the track feel "full". Getting my first shivers at a point which sounds like the climax to me - not expecting to hear anything more intense or different

- 6:11: as it seemed to fade away, another melodic layer is coming on top. Sublte and high pitched, it contrasts very well with the aggressive melody, while being in the same "serious/desesperate" mood. Another wave of shivers, more intense this time. I have a big smile on my face, and start to realize i'm going to lose control if it keeps going this way.

- 7:05: another 2s break, another aggressive layer added. Tears are coming and, dancing in my bedroom with a big headphone and smile on my face, i look like an idiot. But what an happy idiot i am!

- 9:05: it's still getting more intense. The final melody is now appearing and while it doesn't touch me as much as the previous ones, i'm still blown away that the track is still evolving and going crazy.

- 10:29: track over. While it only lasted just over 5 mins, i feel sore and exhausted, as if i spent the past 24 hours dancing non stop.

Unfortunately that happens maybe the first 2 or 3 times i hear such a track. Once i'm getting used to it, i'll stop feeling anything and will eventually get bored of it.

It's like i won't feel anything if i know what is going to happen.

Some other tracks that made me feel a strong emotion:

Ra - R.O.M.

Planet B.E.N. - Ant Invasion

Pleiadians - Maia

Technossomy - V.T.O.L.

ManMadeMan - Radar

Green Nuns of the Revolution - Atomic Armadillo

The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing

Nuxx - Arkhimedes

CBL - Photosynthesis

Sorry for the long post and the bad english :D

Oh yeah these ones are so good !

Many many tracks made me cry or close to, including of course some RA and Pleiadians tracks.

More recently Filtertraces by Filteria gave me similar emotions.

Else, the closest I was from crying in a party was on a Kox Box live years ago. On a sunrise, open air, the sound went liquid, time slowed down, and tears came in my eyes. That was not a even one track in particular, that was the perfect moment.