Need Translation

mAn_WiTh_No_nAmE

nama om vishnu-padaya krishna-preshthaya bhutale srimate bhaktivedanta-swamin iti namine namas te saraswate deve gaura-vani-pracharine nirvishesha shunyavadi pashchatya desha tarine

namo maha-vadanyaya krishna-prema-pradaya te

krishnaya krishna-chaitanya-namne gaura-twishe namaha

namo brahmanya-devaya go-brahmana-hitaya cha

jagad-dhitaya krishnaya govindaya namo namaha

Prasadam mantra!

If someone can translate this to english please..

• 1 month later...

It's a prayer to Lord Ganesha

567222[/snapback]

What Ganesha? Its NOT Ganeshas prayer what are u talking about, where did u get that? Did u go to the link and find out?

It means:

I offer my respectful obeisances unto His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who is very dear to Lord Krishna, having taken shelter at His lotus feet. Our respectful obeisances are unto you, O spiritual master, servant of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami. You are kindly preaching the message of Lord Caitanya deva and delivering the Western countries, which are filled with impersonalism and voidism.

And whats that about electric universe? does he use this prayer in a song? Do u have that song?

What Ganesha? Its NOT Ganeshas prayer what are u talking about, where did u get that? Did u go to the link and find out?

It means:

I offer my respectful obeisances unto His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who is very dear to Lord Krishna, having taken shelter at His lotus feet. Our respectful obeisances are unto you, O spiritual master, servant of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami. You are kindly preaching the message of Lord Caitanya deva and delivering the Western countries, which are filled with impersonalism and voidism.

And whats that about electric universe? does he use this prayer in a song? Do u have that song?

588054[/snapback]

It's Electric Universe - The Prayer

1st track from Cosmic Experience album, released in 2004

It means:

I have no clue what i'm talking about !

588054[/snapback]

It is Lord ganesha's prayer. Wanna bet ?

I know the prayer by heart. B)

• 8 months later...

Om

shukla ambara dharaM vishhNuM shashi varNaM chatur bhujam |

white cloth wearing Vishnu (who is) moon (the) color of (with) four hands

prasanna vadanaM dhyaayet sarva vighnopa. shaantaye || (1)

(with) placid expression on face We meditate on you all (my) obstructions (please) eradicate

vyaasaM vasishhTha naptaaraM shakteH pautram akalmashham |

paraasharaatmajaM vande shukataataM taponidhim || (3)

vyAsa is the great grandson of Vasistha and the grandson of Sakti, son of ParAsara, and the father of Suka. He is untainted by defects (akaimasa) of any kind and is a mine of austerities (tapO nidhi) I offer my obeisance to Him.

vyaasaaya vishhNu-roopaaya vyaasa roopaaya vishhNave |

namo vai brahma nidhaye vaasishhThaaya namo namaH || (4)

Salutations, again and again, to VyAsa, a visible aspect of Lord Vishnu and to Lord Vishnu who, in

turn, is also a visible aspect of VyAsa, the sage descended from Vasistha and a veritable treasure of vedic knowledge of Brahman.

avikaaraaya shuddhaaya nityaaya paramaatmane |

sadaika roopa roopaaya vishhNave sarva jishhNave || (5)

Salutation to Lord Vishnu who is immutable (unchangeable, not subject to any variation), who is inherently pure and eternal, the Supreme soul who has a consistent undiversified form in all times and ages and is the conqueror of one and all.

yasya smaraNa maatreNa janmasaM saara bandhanaat |

vimuchyate namastasmai vishhNave prabhavishhNave || (6)

My salutation to that all powerful deity, Visnu the mere contemplation of whose name frees all personsfrom the bonds of samsara, the terrific cycle of birth and death.

|| oM namo vishhNave prabhavishhNave ||

Salutation to that all powerful Visnu denoted by Om

shrii vaishampaayana uvaacha -

Sri Vaisampayana said:

[ps: the complete form of the last verse is:

shrii vaishampaayana uvaacha -

shrutvaa dharmaan asheshheNa paavanaani cha sarvashaH |

yudhishhThiraH shaantanavaM punarevaa-bhyabhaashhata || (1)

Sri Vaisampayana said: Having heard all the dharmas, in their entirety, and all other purificatory acts;

Yudhishthira addressed again Santanu's son (Bhisma)

and the verse tagged (2) which does not exist in The Prayer is like this:

yasya dvirada vaktrAdyAh pArisadyAh parassatam |

vighnam nighnanti satatam visvaksEnam tamAsrayE || (2)

One should resort to Visvaksena, whose assemblage of gajAnan and other nitya sUris ever ward off

the innumerable obstacles. ]

these are the introductory verses of the strotra known as "1000 Names Of Vishnu"

:)