Is it possible to make psytrance using FL 6?

And as I said ealier. True learning come from playing around with things and figure it out by yourself ;)

588180[/snapback]

Agreed... ! Experimenting is the mother of creation and progress..!

Btw, because the other topic 'I love talamasca' was locked, could you answer here, what do you think is really necessary to create psy/goa trance,except for music production skills,fantasy & Creativity & good ears?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Elysium

what do you think is really necessary to create psy/goa trance,except for music production skills,fantasy & Creativity & good ears?

588276[/snapback]

Nothing much else really. You said it all :)

I think the main key is to have fun with what you do and not be bothered about if people like it or not or if it will appeal to x label etc.

Ability to model your inner message to music and beyond is essential. Thats what artist`s real aim must be.

About the newbies, what the fuck? Its not overboard. Well if you are a real 1337 you have the right to get angry when e.g newbies are cheeky. All in all no point in discussion over it.

Nothing much else really.  You said it all :)

I think the main key is to have fun with what you do and not be bothered about if people like it or not or if it will appeal to x label etc.

588296[/snapback]

OK, so let me see what u stated.. Hmm.. U have music production skills,fantasy & Creativity & good ears.. OK.. Good for u.. But the question was:

what do you think is really necessary to create psy/goa trance? So I was wondering.. How do u do it man? I have production skills, fantasy, creativity, good ears etc.. but I cant do it with only that.. Really how u do it?

Do u transmit youre brainwaves directly on vinyl???

Ive heard of telepathy and such but this is too much..

Look it even rhymes..

And about forums flooded with poor guys, wannabes.. I agree with u totally but, just give the guy link and as one minimal techno song goes "cut the shit"..

And I dont mean to offence (even I have troubles with english) but you man,

have "language disorder"..

Whatever that is but I think it has to do something with what I stated on begining of my post.. But who cares, thats just misunderstanding, like the noise on an old tune..

And when goa started they had tape recorders and they cut the tapes and glued it to get a mixtape, on the party there was no vinyls cause the dust would tear the needle apart so they used DATs with no pitch.. So yeah u dont need to have some big studio for production but u need something beside your brainwaves.. But even if u have all those toys what is it worth if u dont know how to use them or if u lack some of attributes InZoMNiAC stated before?

I think the most important attribute is strong will.. If u really want it u got it, it just comes to u..

Remember:

there are no rules

anything is possible, possible, possible (that should sound like delay:)

It would be nice if you would specify your point about my so-called "Language Disorder" because I still don't get the point ;)

588349[/snapback]

You actally made me do some research.. Here is the explanation..

DEFINITION OF SPEECH AND LANGUAGE DISORDERS

Speech and language disorders refer to problems in communication and related areas such as oral motor function. These delays and disorders range from simple sound substitutions to the inability to understand or use language or use the oral-motor mechanism for functional speech and feeding. Some causes of speech and language disorders include hearing loss, neurological disorders, brain injury, mental retardation, drug abuse, physical impairments such as cleft lip or palate, and vocal abuse or misuse. Frequently, however, the cause is unknown.

Sounds cool, I think I have one :P I cant spell letter R right sometimes :lol:

Its just a joke man.. Dont take it hard..

Like one psy trance sample goes "Thats the whole point"

It is possible to make trance with FL6. You will see in a couple of days. :)

And i think that we shouuld help out the new guys when they have questions(including me,i am an uber-noob). Maybe they are in it for the money and the glory,maybe they just want to make music. ;)

acid and snowball, respect. thanks for the links, and for the help of course.i'll view the links as soon as possible(i can't right now cause i'm posting this from my cellphone.). i was seariching this forum for baselines and everyone seems to be using the vb-1. i tried making the bass with it but no luck. are there any settings or info to share on that subject? thanks in advance!!!

everyone seems to be using the vb-1. i tried making the bass with it but no luck. are there any settings or info to share on that subject? thanks in advance!!!

588893[/snapback]

Vb-1 sucs.. it has hardly any bass !! each time ive used it ive had to beef it up with Waves Rbass, followed by Eq to notch unwanted harmonics

my faves for Bass are RGC pentagon & Synapse Junglist ( using simples Saws ), both require you to notch out unwanted harmonics, but hey thats par for the course with basslines.

a good tip for getting a nice round sound is to pay attention to the filter envelope and filter envelope amount.

i agree for vb-1

my faves for Bass are RGC pentagon & Synapse Junglist ( using simples Saws ), both require you to notch out unwanted harmonics, but hey thats par for the course with basslines.

you mean that for making the wanted sound i need to use both of them?

a good tip...

thanks for the tip!

Bubbles u wanna share those two? I can send u my list..

588942[/snapback]

what is it your after ? the synths or a tutorial on how to get a decent bass sound out of them ?

for the latter i have no tutorial, it was just a case of single Osc saw wave, tweaking the filter , filter env and filter env amount until it sounds right.

edit : of course there are so many factors that go into making the bass sound nice, not just the synth settings - note lengths, note velocity and also the arrangement of the notes.

I don't know if this has been said here, but probably the best synth for a solid deep bass is Muon Tau2. With a little more practice and EQ you can get a perfect range of 303 sounds and plucky synth leads. And its hardly what you'd call an expensive synth :) z3ta offers some good plugins for basses and with some knowledge of what you are doing you can tweak those to make alot of other good bass patches. After that comes Sytrus, know what you are doing and how to use it and you can get good bass from that too. Infact, it already has a preset for a standard psy bass, you just need to know what you are doing (and play it at 2 octaves down)

I don't know if this has been said here, but probably the best synth for a solid deep bass is Muon Tau2. With a little more practice and EQ you can get a perfect range of 303 sounds and plucky synth leads. And its hardly what you'd call an expensive synth :) z3ta offers some good plugins for basses and with some knowledge of what you are doing you can tweak those to make alot of other good bass patches. After that comes Sytrus, know what you are doing and how to use it and you can get good bass from that too. Infact, it already has a preset for a standard psy bass, you just need to know what you are doing (and play it at 2 octaves down)

589113[/snapback]

Thanks Synogen! I'll try some of those! You're right about Sytrus, it has the Synth bass, I'll try that one for sure! Thanks!!!

well personally i dont think vb-1 sucks...some ppl just find it irritating coz most of its parameters r hidden...like for example, tweaking the fretboard changes the soundwave, etc...etc...all the professional artists use vb-1 especially in the dark ones...with the perfect eq, u can make those nice crisp sounding basslines like the pros...junglist is pretty good too and also z3ta+ and albino(try the cosmosis albino patches)...as for gettin that perfect bassline in vb-1. TRY THIS(i've posted this b4, but here it goes again):

download the bank 'r.u. vb-1' bank and select the preset "trombone??naa.."

make a bassline on 2 octaves-the 2nd and 3rd, put the plugin through a parametric equalizer lower the the highest component to 0 followed by the 2nd highest slightly slightly higher and so on...hope that helped ;)

well personally i dont think vb-1 sucks...some ppl just find it irritating coz most of its parameters r hidden...like for example, tweaking the fretboard changes the soundwave, etc...etc...all the professional artists use vb-1 especially in the dark ones...with the perfect eq, u can make those nice crisp sounding basslines like the pros...junglist is pretty good too and also z3ta+ and albino(try the cosmosis albino patches)...as for gettin that perfect bassline in vb-1. TRY THIS(i've posted this b4, but here it goes again):

download the bank 'r.u. vb-1' bank and select the preset "trombone??naa.."

make a bassline on 2 octaves-the 2nd and 3rd, put the plugin through a parametric equalizer lower the the highest component to 0 followed by the 2nd highest slightly slightly higher and so on...hope that helped  ;)

589296[/snapback]

thanks chans! i realy hope that, that will work. I'll try it!Than ks!!! :)

u can get those albino patches by cosmosis on the cosmosis homepage...heres the link:

albino patches

there r 2 banks, 1 named 'cosmosis albino patches' and the other named 'cosmosis albino bass patches'

well however they aren't perfect sounds...they're meant to be tweaked in some way or the other...so do not hesitate to experiment...

happy tweaking!!! ;)