Is it possible to make psytrance using FL 6?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, yes please.

575562[/snapback]

stupid thread to start FL got the same capabilities as cubase as all the other programs do , people think that FL and reason suxx because most of the people that makes music in them are total noobs with no skills that just want to make music to be famous..

stupid thread to start FL got the same capabilities as cubase as all the other programs do , people think that FL and reason suxx because most of the people that makes music in them are total noobs with no skills that just want to make music to be famous..

576472[/snapback]

Dude, don't get all sore. I was being ironic, there has been way too many cubase vs. fls threads. And they all suck mostly because of what you point out. It's all about the person behind the screen, not the sequencer.

By the way, I'm working in FLS myself these days.

i know its very stupid to start another fruity vs cubase thread, i said that as a joke. but saying that fruity has the same possibilities as cubase is asking for it! i respect people using fruity and have no problem with that. i was once a fruity user... u can perfectly make psytrance with it.. but it doesnthas the same features as cubase.... the most imporrtant for me being the cubase mixer... its just better than mixing in fruity! automation is handled a lot better, as group effects and sends. once u get the hang of it, u never go back to fruity. u know FL started as a tool to make drum loops, cubase has been a pro sequencer since the atari computer days!

:P

i know its very stupid to start another fruity vs cubase thread, i said that as a joke. but saying that fruity has the same possibilities as cubase is asking for it! i respect people using fruity and have no problem with that. i was once a fruity user... u can perfectly make psytrance with it.. but it doesnthas the same features as cubase....  the most imporrtant for me being the cubase mixer... its just better than mixing in fruity! automation is handled a lot better, as group effects and sends. once u get the hang of it, u never go back to fruity. u know FL started as a tool to make drum loops, cubase has been a pro sequencer since the atari computer days!

:P

576532[/snapback]

I agree, they are very different. Cubase has got a lot of options and features that FL don't have. But the way I see it, I don't need them. At least not now.

It certainly is possible!!! :)

Am in the process of making my very first track based purely on FL6 ,(that means no vst's no nothing! just FL stuff) and its coming out nicely!!!!

very acidic and organic sounding i can add!(my track :D )

I have another question for ya. :D

First, in the search field of this forum type preview2 .

Download, listen, and then try to answer my question.

How to make that type of bass using FL, or using varius plugins?

Or if it can't be made using that, could someone

then PM me/post a sample of that bass, please.

Thanks in advance!!!

Guest Elysium

who do people ask this all the time? "can i make good music with reason, can i make good music with FLS6"..

Because most people in the psy scene got no clue what it will say to make music or to be a musician. They just has the idea of being the next hot superstar and think making music is something everybody can do. Just as everybody seem to want to be a DJ in the scene.

I never understood (actually it kind of piss me off hehe) why so many people come to forums to get the full recipy - ABC cookbook - of psytrance. If you truely have talent and music is just a basic need to you as food is then you experiment and learn while you experiment because it's a need deep inside of you to create music. You do not look for an "easy" way out going to a forum to get the "golden key" to psytrance.

Guest The Journey Man Project

yeah have been playing with music programs for the last 7 years but am still not even close to calling myself a musician.. it is just for fun and sometimes I play with a laptop at mates parties... I know that I'm really not a 100% muso so therefore I'd rather dj than surf forums looking for a formula to make it big easy...

Because most people in the psy scene got no clue what it will say to make music or to be a musician. They just has the idea of being the next hot superstar and think making music is something everybody can do. Just as everybody seem to want to be a DJ in the scene.

I never understood (actually it kind of piss me off hehe) why so many people come to forums to get the full recipy - ABC cookbook - of psytrance.  If you truely have talent and music is just a basic need to you as food is then you experiment and learn while you experiment because it's a need deep inside of you to create music. You do not look for an "easy" way out going to a forum to get the "golden key" to psytrance.

583539[/snapback]

I agree with elysium.. But u shouldnt be so hard.. A little advice for start would be usefull but the rest is all about experimenting.. Long ago my friend comes, sits in front of computer, opens FL and in two seconds makes that ultra/pumping/groovy psy bass and I only know that he used Wasp.. He didnt tell me the secret still.. So dont expect some huge help on the forums, use youre imagination..

You can go to isra, there is many topic like this..

Isra-trance, mother of all basslines thread

Because most people in the psy scene got no clue what it will say to make music or to be a musician.

They just has the idea of being the next hot superstar and think making music is something everybody can do. Just as everybody seem to want to be a DJ in the scene.

hey have you got a language disorder? or is it something else?

everyone has been a newbee, not everyone can learn to make music themselves like you , man.

this is a forum where people are supposed to ask questions about psytrance production. you can answer them or not. if people have the desire of learning to make music, i will always give them advice, if i can. because when i didnt know shit someone answered to my stupid questions. and if anyone wanted the easy way , they would be trying to mix cds.

you clearly dont make a disctinction in your post from musicians and djs, they are asking questions on music production, and you answer "everyone wants to be a dj"

maybe it goes beyond a language disorder. stay out of the brown stuff.

Guest Elysium

hey have you got a language disorder? or is it something else?

everyone has been a newbee, not everyone can learn to make music themselves like you , man.

this is a forum where people are supposed to ask questions about psytrance production. you can answer them or not. if people have the desire of learning to make music, i will always give them advice, if i can. because when i didnt know shit someone answered to my stupid questions. and if anyone wanted the easy way , they would be trying to mix cds.

you clearly dont make a disctinction in your post from musicians and djs, they are asking questions on music production, and you answer "everyone wants to be a dj"

maybe it goes beyond a language disorder. stay out of the brown stuff.

587947[/snapback]

A language disorder? Please enlighten me. I fail to see your point.

And in plain English please - stay out of the brown stuff?

I wrote "Just as everybody seem to want to be a DJ in the scene". And for you I will spell it out very clear since you seemed to miss the point. I meant that just as so many people in the psytrance scene want to be a DJ so does a lot of people wnat to be an artist. Get my point now? There's a huge difference to what you cut out of the quote and what i actually wrote and what it refered to ;)

I still stand with my point that it's gone overboard on forum's with people who want to know it all in no time = Get the ABC of psytrance/Full On production

Well if no one wont I will help the poor guy.. How can u be so selfish, share a little.. PLUR, this and that, remember.. Here is some link for u poor guy, u will make a hit after this and become famous.. Maybe it wont be psy/goa but trance fo sho..

Youll rock the charts and the girls will scream when they hear your name, thats what u wont right? Or if u wonna go underground you will have to play a little with this tutorial but at least u got the basics..

How to make trance music with reason - explained in pdf

And dont ask why its the Reason tutorial.. Im subconciously telling u to switch to Reason, thats all..

Guest Elysium

Well if no one wont I will help the poor guy.. How can u be so selfish, share a little.. PLUR,

I have helped quite a few guys and one girl with what I know. But it is like with benefit collections. 1 or 2 or even 3 is easy to pay money to but when it become every day someone need benefit to some cause (even though I would love to pay to every single one of them if i was rich enough) then it get too much.

Its the exact same here. The forums are flooded with people who want to get told how to make music in a flash. And as much as I would like to help it's too much to help every single one of them. And as I said ealier. True learning come from playing around with things and figure it out by yourself ;)